UK Musician Thread

• Thread starter rifftrader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
DelfinoPie said:
Aww legendary, Newquay is amazing. Especially Help Bar...something like £2.50 for double JD and coke, can't go wrong.

Plus while I was down there there was a pole dancing competition at Barracuda and the following night a wet t-shirt competition. Newquay is a great place to be a perve.:)

HELP BAR!!! Haha we had night in there. Fittest barmaids EVER. Went to the wet tshirt thing in barracudas too but I didn't have a good time becasue I pulled a fat irish girl and nearly got done in by some rough cheap shirt wearing nobheads.
Good times......

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
ahahahahaha newquay.. bless newquay... :D

RH.. nice weather we having up here at the moment.. jeezus fucking rain!

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Roundhouse_Kick said:
Went to the wet tshirt thing in barracudas too but I didn't have a good time becasue I pulled a fat irish girl

At a wet tshirt contest? That's cruelty. Sorry to hear it man.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Last time I was in Newquay, I found fish in the urinal. It cheered up my day no end :metal:

Leonardo

Reaction score
Morning all! "Fish in the urinal?" Things gone seriously downhill since 'Kayleigh' then ! ! That kind of thing doesn't happen round here (Ten minutes from Lakeside.)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is full of things i can barely understand :lol:

streathervsgodzilla

*insert title here*
Reaction score
another uk guitarist here *puts hand up*

from corby, in the midlands home of social dispair, the cheapest hookers on the planet and about a thousand emo bands and raging speedhorn clones :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

i want to move lol

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
streathervsgodzilla said:

from corby, in the midlands home of social dispair, the cheapest hookers on the planet and about a thousand emo bands and raging speedhorn clones :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

i want to move lol

I feel for you. Hasn't someone killed Raging Speedhorn yet?!!

streathervsgodzilla

*insert title here*
Reaction score
unfortunatly not lol,

although both singers have left raging speedhorn apparantly

and viking skull is still going and thats basically the same band :wallbash:

i remember a year or two ago speedhorn played their "home coming" gig here and the only band they could get to support them was viking skull :lol:

i didnt go but from what i heard it was terrible because they had royally beat the hell out of their gear and it sounded terrible (that was with brand new marshall mode fours when they were first out broken :lol: )

occasionally you spot them up the town and they look always look annoyed, they dont have much of a sense of humour either, the guitarist didnt appreiciate me ska punkafying one of their songs when he walked in the music shop while i was trying out one of their new guitars :lol: i got the look of death from him :D

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I hated them even during their brief period of notoriety a few years ago; it just sounded like extreme-metal-goes-chav to me.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
streathervsgodzilla said:

i want to move lol
I've been there once. Once. :lol:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Raging Speedhorn, Raging Shite more like. Never could understand the appeal of them. My mate shot one of the singers with a bb gun at the Kerrang Weekender thing at Camber Sands a few years back. Strangely he didn't think it was funny.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I always hated that band, Iron Monkey-lite was all it was. Back in the day with my first band, we had the unfortunate pleasure of playing with them when they were nobodies who thought they were somebodies (well, I 'spose that still applies)

Two hour drums check trying to tune the kick drum anyone? They cut everyone elses sets down to 15 minutes, and being that the first band over-ran, we got to play for a total time of around 10 minutes. We had the last laugh though, nobody turned up to watch so the only audience they would have had was the support bands, but we all left because they acted like such w*nkers towards us.

Does anyone remember when the mighty Clutch actually had to support those losers? Now THAT was criminal :mad:

Leonardo said:
Morning all! "Fish in the urinal?" Things gone seriously downhill since 'Kayleigh' then ! ! That kind of thing doesn't happen round here (Ten minutes from Lakeside.)

Yeah, a complete knob that had invited himself on holiday with us decided to feed copious amounts of alcohol to one of the impressionable young girls in the tent next door, being the complete loser that he was :mad:

An hour and a half of me and two mates keeping her conscious, gettin her to throw up, making sure her airways were clear and then repeating the process over again until she had completely emptied hesrself of anything she could possibly choke on.

All the time I had a mate feeding me strong Jack&Coke through a straw, but the adrenaline was keeping it at bay, so once we'd got her in her mates tent, we went for a walk to try and supress the rage of having such idiot 'mates'. About ten minutes later, the JD kicked in and I was flying and when I went for a piss I found somebody had dumped a load of fish in the urinal. Don't think I've ever laughed so hard since, purely from the utter randomness of it :lol:

streathervsgodzilla

*insert title here*
Reaction score
We had the last laugh though, nobody turned up to watch so the only audience they would have had was the support bands, but we all left because they acted like such w*nkers towards us.
shame about the gig but a nice way of going :fawk: to them back :cool:

what always annoyed me about raging speedhorn is that there was soo many bands around here that could hand angry shoehorn i mean raging speedhorn their asses talentwise but none of them even got a fraction of the attention speedhorn did, they all eventually split up though :mad:

im surprised they managed to fit the crowds in the venues alongside their egos tbh :lol:

btw what was with every magazine/online review comparing them to sabbath?? sabbath rocked lol

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lozek said:
Yeah, a complete knob that had invited himself on holiday with us decided to feed copious amounts of alcohol to one of the impressionable young girls in the tent next door, being the complete loser that he was :mad:

An hour and a half of me and two mates keeping her conscious, gettin her to throw up, making sure her airways were clear and then repeating the process over again until she had completely emptied hesrself of anything she could possibly choke on.

Jesus, what an asshole. Unfortunately it's something a lot of young men seem to think is clever to do to younger girls. There were several similar incidents back at my old school.