Unexpected NAD.

• Thread starter Chickenhawk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, new pre-amp day.

Went into town to pay my cell phone bill, and stopped in at the local hole-in-the-wall "we only sell Fender and Ibanez Gio" music store, just to look around.

And I stumbled upon, and immediately purchased this:

wait for it...

Mesa Boogie Formula Pre

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

:hbang::hbang:

I have to find a use for it now, lol. I figured I'd use it like it was designed, and run it direct to my interface and record.

Now the fun part, who wants to guess how much I paid for it?

Get within $10 and win a special prize.

EDIT:
I paid $150. Wookieslayer guessed it...after I told everyone :squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Wrong again.

I paid:

$150. well, $161 after taxes.

Those guys had NO FUCKING CLUE what they had. But I did...and I just happened to have some money in my wallet...which is no longer there :lol:

And yes, it is in mint condition. A couple small scratched from being racked, but everything else is pristine.

Anybody know how to run the serial so I can see what year it is?

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Wookie nailed it...you still get the prize, man.

Yea, I'm pretty stoked. Even if I don't keep it, I figured I could sell it for $300...or maybe a little less than that if I sell it here. Which I don't think I'll be able to do now, hahaha.

heyimdallas

Reaction score
Yeah, you could probably try to sell it for $300 and someone would still be thinking their stealing it from you hahaha.

emperor_black

Reaction score
Great deal. A couple sold for $300+ on fleabay.

Regarding info, post about it in the boogie forums and they'll tell you everything about it including who built it. :lol:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Great deal. A couple sold for $300+ on fleabay.

Regarding info, post about it in the boogie forums and they'll tell you everything about it including who built it. :lol:

I just tried registering on the boogie forums, but they apparently don't allow @yahoo.com and @gmail.com emails to register. :rolleyes:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Aw.. I'm selling one of them... Shoulda bought mine!!

HNAD

I wasn't looking for anything Mesa. Just found it, and got it for a killer price.

I bet you're selling yours for more than $150. And I don't blame you, because you have a brain :lol: