Unique looking pickups

• Thread starter spudmunkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
What are those? I saw a picture of a guitar with possibly those pickups like way back in the days of yore on Ultimate Guitar and haven't seen them since.
I forget who makes those exact ones, but here's something similar:

Edit: found 'em: Schecter

Last edited:

tedtan

Reaction score
So many of these are unique or cool looking, but which of them have a unique sound?

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Danelectro Lipsticks have a unique look, somewhat spacey as they’re just a sealed chrome tube.

IMG_3256.jpeg
IMG_3255.jpeg

Over the years I’ve seen a few variants made smaller to be retrofitted easily into Strats and the like, but the OG DanOs are wide enough that they would span 7 string spacing as well.
I have a perverse want for a semi hollow 7 loaded with a trio of lipsticks and series/parallel wiring.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Although they were short lived, Willie Adler of Lamb of God worked with Seymour Duncan on a signature set. It was a Distortion pickup in the bridge and a 59' in the neck, both with nickel covers that had a cool American flag laser engraved onto the covers. I don't know if they were officially released, as Willie hopped onto the Fishman Fluence boat shortly after.

received_1650288579114277.jpeg

Latest posts