Unsigned prog-metal group Cast This Life

• Thread starter ohmk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohmk

Reaction score

thanks bro :metal:

a little background info:

the guitarist plays a JP signature EBMM 7 string
the bass player plays a 6 string ibanez
the drummer plays a pearl masters kit and does most of the backup vox
the keyboardist uses a korg triton and does all the lead vocals

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what to think. At times it sounds really cool and expansive, other times it sounds like something you'd hear at the beginning of Monster Garage, like pushy tough guy nu-metal. There is potential though, the singer particularely has a good voice.

ohmk

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what to think. At times it sounds really cool and expansive, other times it sounds like something you'd hear at the beginning of Monster Garage, like pushy tough guy nu-metal. There is potential though, the singer particularely has a good voice.

yeah, its kinda getting mixed reviews. i've already had a few complaining the singer sounded like any generic metal singer...but not every generic metal singer can play keyboard like that :evil:

to be honest, i dont even know if id like it at first, but i think it gets better the more you listen to it. did you check out the slow song Just For Your Sake?

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I did, and liked it for the most part. The lyrics were kind of meh, but what can ya do.

ohmk

Reaction score
I did, and liked it for the most part. The lyrics were kind of meh, but what can ya do.

thats cool man. id rather have negative feedback than none at all :yesway:

personally i thought theyd have a pretty good chance of making it big, even though the music is progressive, the singer has a hetfield/mainstream sound