US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
other radical left leaning politicians

There is no leftist political establishment in this country. Democrats are center-right, appearing "leftist" only by contrast to other far-right politicians. This is the pattern in many nations around the world currently, and it's not by accident.

Even if you entertain democrats as center-left, they aren't "radical left-leaning" by any stretch of the imagination. The most radical leftists we have even approaching legitimacy are folks like Bernie and Jill Stein, and they're both completely moderate on a global spectrum of leftist politics, as well as being thoroughly marginalized by the establishment. Again, not by accident.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Please tell me where I called someone a name.

@CanserDYI you need help.
I was actually going to suggest the same for you, man. If you think leftists/liberals/democrats are just yelling to yell for "stuff we want" (ie rights, the ability to walk alone at night as a woman without fear, the ability to be black and not be profiled, a living wage that reflects the economy we live in, billionaires and the like to pay their fair share, the list goes on and on and on), then you're not opening your eyes and seeing the world we live in. We're not yelling for "stuff we want". We're yelling for "STUFF WE FUCKING NEED TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE YOU ABSOLUTE PSYCHOPATH".

EDIT: And yeah, @wheresthefbomb nailed it up there. If you actually think Joe Biden and his contemporaries are "leftist" or even on the left of the spectrum, you have literally never read about anything that you are crying about. Read a book.

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I was actually going to suggest the same for you, man. If you think leftists/liberals/democrats are just yelling to yell for "stuff we want" (ie rights, the ability to walk alone at night as a woman without fear, the ability to be black and not be profiled, a living wage that reflects the economy we live in, billionaires and the like to pay their fair share, the list goes on and on and on), then you're not opening your eyes and seeing the world we live in. We're not yelling for "stuff we want". We're yelling for "STUFF WE FUCKING NEED TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE YOU ABSOLUTE PSYCHOPATH".

EDIT: And yeah, @wheresthefbomb nailed it up there. If you actually think Joe Biden and his contemporaries are "leftist" or even on the left of the spectrum, you have literally never read about anything that you are crying about. Read a book.

The erratic pay raises to work at McDonald's haven't been enough for you?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The erratic pay raises to work at McDonald's haven't been enough for you?
Was that supposed to be an insult? That really shows your mentality if you thought it was. You people show your ass any time you can, don't you?

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
We could go round on this all day, or you could do some serious introspection.

I hope you do the latter, man. Nobody needs to carry around that rage.

So you've been sitting on this for weeks? Bravo

Says a lot coming from a guy that sits on ss.org all day just to thumbs up the people he agrees with 🤣

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Was that supposed to be an insult? That really shows your mentality if you thought it was. You people show your ass any time you can, don't you?

I wouldn't dare insult anyone that works in fast food. That's a thankless job, and if anything a gateway position for young people to learn what it means to work a job.

You claimed I was crying about something didn't you? Seems like the shoe is on the other foot.

I could care less about a thumbs up; my ego is flat.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, looking at Green's website and Kelley's website, there are honestly positions on both sites with which I agree, as well as positions on both sites with which I disagree. That said, Green's site is clearly more vague and self-contradictory. Several issues start with a sentence explaining why that issue is Green's #1 priority. You can't have everything be your #1 priority. Also, the use of highly parroted talking points is rampant within both sites, but at least Kelly expounds upon those points a little more- several of Green's topic pages simply restate those contrite talking points with no further information.

But yeah, this is the sad state of US politics. It's essentially two candidates with the standard party firmware uploaded into their brains reading off of the same scripts as all of the other political candidates and seemingly having perhaps no thoughts of their own.

I've never liked the Democratic Party. But when you look at the terrible stuff the government has done, and how the very worst of it all in recent times has come out of the Republicans, there's just no way that I want them to have any more control over the legislature. I've voted for republicans in local and state-level elections, but I just can't bring myself to do it at the federal level. Even if I agree with their positions a tiny bit more, they are generally so much more gooney and hypocritical than the Democrats... Look at the wars that the Republicans started. Looks at the lies the Republicans told in order to justify those wars. Look at the fallout that created for the western world! Look at how much shit has come out about 911 that makes the Bush administration look insane. It proves that they knew the lies were lies, whereas I knew all along, now there's so much evidence made public! How can anyone get behind that party now? You think these guys want to save the babies! Then you have Trump, at the first sign of danger from the corona virus he explicitly stated was all blown out of proportion by the democrats, injecting human embryonic cells with no second thought. It's hypocrisy at the most obvious and blatant level, yet, when they are confronted about it, they just gaslight and deny. They do it all the way to the bank. Do the democrats do the same thing? Sure they do. They suck really hard at government. But the devastation left in their wake is an order of magnitude smaller. Clinton's administration's negligence led to the massacre at Waco, TX, and that was awful, but a high double-digit number of people who probably could have been saved is nothing compared to Bush's administration's "strategic" ignorance toward the situation that led to several thousands dying in 911, which totally could have been stopped. And if Trump had been re-elected, who knows. I have no confidence that that scumbag would not have tried to get the US involved in active fighting in Ukraine, probably to help the Russians...

Fuck all of these scummy politicians, anyway...

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I wouldn't dare insult anyone that works in fast food. That's a thankless job, and if anything a gateway position for young people to learn what it means to work a job.

You claimed I was crying about something didn't you? Seems like the shoe is on the other foot.

I could care less about a thumbs up; my ego is flat.
Then what was that comment about? Like what other way could you have meant that? Like holy shit the amount of mental gymnastics you must have to do daily to rationalize the absurd things that you must think and say out loud.

tedtan

Reaction score
The US Constitution rewards a two party system, so while both parties suck ass, and the two party system sucks ass, and politicians in general suck ass, we’re stuck with what we have until the Consitution is amended. So in other words, get used to voting for the lesser of two evils during your lifetime, as I don’t see anything changing that in the short to mid term.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
That's a thankless job, and if anything a gateway position for young people to learn what it means to work a job
Super tangential to anything being discussed, but not really. It's a gateway to even more shitty working environments. It's where you learn how to work in an environment where you're devalued as a person and have to navigate a bunch of abusive and defensive machismo - while convincing you that this is what is "means to work", and leaving you with a work ethic that only really fits into other entry-level kinds of work. It sets a terrible precedent, both for what you should expect from working, and for what other kinds of work environments exist out there.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The US Constitution rewards a two party system, so while both parties suck ass, and the two party system sucks ass, and politicians in general suck ass, we’re stuck with what we have until the Consitution is amended. So in other words, get used to voting for the lesser of two evils during your lifetime, as I don’t see anything changing that in the short to mid term.
You're right. There's no way the two parties are going to ever agree on a constitutional amendment to remove the power system that feeds them, just like they will never ever vote for congressional term limits, no matter how much they promise that they will (which Green does in his site, and which Trump promised in 2016, etc.) It'll never happen. The irony is that the Constitution doesn't ever matter one iota when it's stopping the government from doing something that benefits its own power structure. I've harped on plenty of examples where the government wipes its ass with the constitution whenever the constitution says something inconvenient for the government.

Super tangential to anything being discussed, but not really. It's a gateway to even more shitty working environments. It's where you learn how to work in an environment where you're devalued as a person and have to navigate a bunch of abusive and defensive machismo - while convincing you that this is what is "means to work", and leaving you with a work ethic that only really fits into other entry-level kinds of work. It sets a terrible precedent, both for what you should expect from working, and for what other kinds of work environments exist out there.

"This is how you kids will learn good work ethics" - "No, these jobs suck" then the 2010's proves to be when the young people do their darndest to figure out alternative sources of income, and by the early 2020's virtually no one is willing to work those jobs, even if the alternative is to be impoverished.

I mean, when I was in college, I worked two part-time jobs with no benefits. But the pay was at least enough to cover my automobile expenses and chip away at my college expenses. You can't tell me that a minimum wage job in 2022 would cover either of those expenses, if you had to buy a car or go to college now. So yeah, the minimum wage is so low it's meaningless. If you don't gain anything by working, people won't agree to work, which is exactly what is happening. Good job, conservatives!

nightflameauto

Reaction score
There may be other kids of work environments out there, but thus far I've found it's just a level of schmooze pasted over the same root behaviors everywhere I've been. I say that as management in a company where the people, in general, are really good to each other, but policy and our entire FUCKING HR DEPARTMENT (sorry, bit of a peeve this week) are geared towards fucking over everyone under CEO/CFO/VP level. Seriously, at what point do we see evidence there are better working environments?

Best to dehumanize yourself when you're young so you're used to it. You'll have to eventually if you want to survive.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Stop destroying the up-by-your-bootstraps republican narrative. If you get a job at McDonald's and work real hard, you could be the next Bezos!

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Then what was that comment about? Like what other way could you have meant that? Like holy shit the amount of mental gymnastics you must have to do daily to rationalize the absurd things that you must think and say out loud.

You still haven't realized I copy pasta'd nightflameauto's post, except I changed the political demographic.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
You still haven't realized I copy pasta'd nightflameauto's post, except I changed the political demographic.
Funny thing is that it still fits your normal chatter. And the comment I was referencing in that quote you quoted was about the McDonalds job. Explain how that wasn't a dig.