US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I have no idea who this lady is, but it's hard to argue with what was said at face value.

She's a silly crystal healing hippy
I guess that's not much worse than the usual silly faux-Christians.

Edit: Or the looming faux-Christian reality TV failed businessman with a record of fraud and sexual assault and courting the alt-right who used his last term to stare into the sun and tell people to inject themselves with bleach.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea who this lady is, but it's hard to argue with what was said at face value.

I guess that's not much worse than the usual silly faux-Christians.
She ran in the 2020 primary and I believe 2016 as well. She's an author that's big on the life coaching self help holistic stuff.

I don't think she ever had much of a realistic shot at anything and a lot of what she says is kind of "pie in the sky" Bernie type idealism. I'm sure the whole thing will be painted as enabling Trump because the Biden camp has a hard time with criticism, but I think she's right that the current campaign trajectory ends with Trump winning anyway.

Last edited:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little gullible, but I'd take "pie in the sky" over "fuck you, nobody deserves any pie" any day.
Tbh, I prefer my leaders to be "pie in the sky" and let the experts in the cabinet either figure out how to do it or recalibrate the expectation.

I don't think the person on the top should be the one telling you you've gotta eat your vegetables, etc. Obama was good with that, Biden was pretty okay with it first go around, Harris is absolutely awful in that regard. Worth noting Harris' campaign manager took over as Biden's this go around which might play a role in the change of tone.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.58.23 AM.png

Pretty wild that over 100k voted "uncommitted" in Michigan yesterday. While I appreciate and agree with the sentiment behind the push, it probably won't mean much come November.

Also, apparently there's a fair amount of crystal mommies in Ann Arbor and Lansing.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score

I was watching some bar customers shoot pool last week, one of them made a difficult shot and shouted "piece of cake!" I stopped their game to inform them that the next person who mentioned a piece of cake without being able to actually offer me a piece of cake, would be permanently banned.

Also, apparently there's a fair amount of crystal mommies in Ann Arbor and Lansing.

That's not quite My Area.... but I have this sudden, inexplicable urge to attend reiki and yoga classes.

Latest posts