US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
My math skills make me a considerably higher salary than you make. Enjoy being the poor overeducated and underpaid teacher. I'll enjoy being ME. Fair?

Why do you keep trying to compare salaries with someone like 20 years younger than you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why do you keep trying to compare salaries with someone like 20 years younger than you?
Because if you are going to be condescending, have something to back it up. Because if you don't, then you look like a fool.

narad

Reaction score
Because if you are going to be condescending, have something to back it up. Because if you don't, then you look like a fool.

This is the age equivalent of a college student walking around an elementary school ranting about how he makes so much more money than all the kids. You actually look foolish just by choosing to spend your time making such comparisons.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
My math skills make me a considerably higher salary than you make. Enjoy being the poor overeducated and underpaid teacher. I'll enjoy being ME. Fair?
How could you enjoy being such an asshole? I've met plenty of right winters who, while I find their political identity cringey, I find them to still be very caring, kind hearted, generous, PEOPLE LOVING people. My father and late mother were two of those people, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, MY parents would call you an asshole. How can you say you're a good, community loving person, then turn around and bash the poor and criticize social safety net programs and act like you're better than these people because you drew a better hand than them?

Asshole, seriously. You've played basically every "Asshole" card that the right wing starter deck comes with out of the box.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is the age equivalent of a college student walking around an elementary school ranting about how he makes so much more money than all the kids. You actually look foolish just by choosing to spend your time making such comparisons.
Equally foolish for people barely in the workforce and with minimal experience in life to lecture others about how the world would best function. Then be condescending on top of that. It's one thing to debate, fine. But, you guys just took it to the next level from the very start.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Equally foolish for people barely in the workforce and with minimal experience in life to lecture others about how the world would best function.
What the fuck do you think youve been doing in this forum for fucking months?

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How could you enjoy being such an asshole? I've met plenty of right winters who, while I find their political identity cringey, I find them to still be very caring, kind hearted, generous, PEOPLE LOVING people. My father and late mother were two of those people, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, MY parents would call you an asshole. How can you say you're a good, community loving person, then turn around and bash the poor and criticize social safety net programs and act like you're better than these people because you drew a better hand than them?

Asshole, seriously. You've played basically every "Asshole" card that the right wing starter deck comes with out of the box.
Right winter? As opposed to left winter? Ok...

I'm the asshole? Look at the general behavior of members in this thread towards those that AREN'T on the extreme left. You guys really aren't the pure and innocent folks you like to think you are. You conduct yourselves exactly like the far right does.

narad

Reaction score
Equally foolish for people barely in the workforce and with minimal experience in life to lecture others about how the world would best function. Then be condescending on top of that. It's one thing to debate, fine. But, you guys just took it to the next level from the very start.

People who are barely in the workforce are the ones who are most affected by increasing difficulties in entering the workforce. It would be one thing if it was just anecdotal, as most of your arguments are, but they're not -- the younger people are presenting a data-driven argument as to why general life expectations are lower for them, while you're just talking about your own experience from comparatively prehistoric times.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Right winter? As opposed to left winter? Ok...

I'm the asshole? Look at the general behavior of members in this thread towards those that AREN'T on the extreme left. You guys really aren't the pure and innocent folks you like to think you are. You conduct yourselves exactly like the far right does.
Autocorrect, twat.

I treat assholes like assholes. :shrug: you seem to treat people who make less than you the same way.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Autocorrect, twat.

I treat assholes like assholes. :shrug: you seem to treat people who make less than you the same way.
I treat people in real life according to who they are as people. Everyone here is just a dickhead. So, you get treated as such. The reason I think you all are dickheads here is because, for whatever reason, you can't take out this angst on anything in real life.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No. Its classic and very cliche to turn it back on the other person like that. Not worth a response.
Why because it hits a little too close to the truth? How convenient. You simply don't have an actual answer for it. That's why you're not addressing it and nothing else, coward. Waiting on that plane ticket, coward. Or is hypocrite better, which do you prefer, dickhead?

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People who are barely in the workforce are the ones who are most affected by increasing difficulties in entering the workforce. It would be one thing if it was just anecdotal, as most of your arguments are, but they're not -- the younger people are presenting a data-driven argument as to why general life expectations are lower for them, while you're just talking about your own experience from comparatively prehistoric times.
You talk as if people in my generation had it easy. We certainly did not. Technology advances have changed the world completely since I entered the workforce. Yeah, education was cheaper. It was also harder to get if you weren't a traditional student. Virtual learning wasn't a thing yet. Getting a job back then was also harder as it was before the employment market really opened up to a national and then a global thing. Lets be real about one thing. We had to work harder back then. Tech has automated so much now. Heck, I started drafting construction plans with pencil on a drafting board. Then autocad. Then came 3D solid modeling which has evolved quite a bit. I get it. Shits expensive now but there are so many other life improvements that younger generations have now that older folks didn't have. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows for us.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need to back anything up. You're coming in here telling us all how to live despite having a lot of things handed to you, then demonstrating that you've actually probably failed upwards because you don't know maths which is fundamental to your claimed field.

You can't read graphs, you don't understand calculus, and you don't know why statisticians use percentages instead of raw numbers.

narad

Reaction score
You talk as if people in my generation had it easy. We certainly did not. Technology advances have changed the world completely since I entered the workforce. Yeah, education was cheaper. It was also harder to get if you weren't a traditional student. Virtual learning wasn't a thing yet. Getting a job back then was also harder as it was before the employment market really opened up to a national and then a global thing. Lets be real about one thing. We had to work harder back then. Tech has automated so much now. Heck, I started drafting construction plans with pencil on a drafting board. Then autocad. Then came 3D solid modeling which has evolved quite a bit. I get it. Shits expensive now but there are so many other life improvements that younger generations have now that older folks didn't have. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows for us.

Not sunshine and rainbows, but comparatively easier to get a stable job in your area that buys a car, house, and feeds a family of five.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need to back anything up. You're coming in here telling us all how to live despite having a lot of things handed to you, then demonstrating that you've actually probably failed upwards because you don't know maths which is fundamental to your claimed field.

You can't read graphs, you don't understand calculus, and you don't know why statisticians use percentages instead of raw numbers.
Failed upwards? I'm very respected in my field. Not one day being unemployed in 26+ years. I've turned down more job opportunities than I can remember. Nice try.

You do know that your prized graphs, calculus, and stats have little use for most people in real world applications, right? For an engineer designing something like a simple beam, you literally just plug a few values into whatever software suite or spreadsheet you are using and it tells you exactly what you need. For that beam connection to another beam, all I do is plug in the shear load and axial tension/compression values and.. poof....connection designed with 15 pages of longhand automated calculations.

There is a real world and there is an academic world. Sorry that i do not obsess over graphs and calc like I used to.