US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
FFS, just do what I did and hit the ignore button on the guy. Don't keep engaging with this disingenuous asshole, because all he does is say stupid shit to try and get a rise out of people, with absolutely no thought given to ideological consistency. I don't even have to be able to see his posts to know that, I can tell by the responses.

He's clearly a parasite that feeds on the misery of others, so stop giving him the reactions (which is any reaction) that he wants.
I had to do it because you're 100% right. The non stop smarmy pissing matches and whingeing about small town folk and farmers interests not being represented in discussions about people that ARE marginalized, abused and murdered and being denied basic human rights is mind boggling stupid. I've seen enough.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had to do it because you're 100% right. The non stop smarmy pissing matches and whingeing about small town folk and farmers interests not being represented in discussions about people that ARE marginalized, abused and murdered and being denied basic human rights is mind boggling stupid. I've seen enough.
Need a tissue???

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel like it's worth pondering on this particular point, and why it's being stated just outright without much consideration for what's potentially implied. There's a lot to unpack just in this one clause.
How much meat did you consume this week? I feel that is what we should be pondering on. Unless you are a vegetarian, you support an industry that murders millions and millions of animals yearly. But, sure, lets ponder on why a rural farmer or rancher might routinely kill the occasional problem animal.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
How much meat did you consume this week? I feel that is what we should be pondering on. Unless you are a vegetarian, you support an industry that murders millions and millions of animals yearly. But, sure, lets ponder on why a rural farmer or rancher might routinely kill the occasional problem animal.
These things are not related.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Imagine getting up at the crack of dawn to argue with people on the internet in defense of some shit heel because...eating meat means you can't question some hicks doing shitty stuff to animals? I don't know what the argument is now, if there even is one anymore.

Obviously Noem is a shitty farmer/rancher, because an actually important trait is being able to manage animals, and in the grand scheme a year old pointer is child's play. She was mad, impulsive, and didn't have the maturity to do the right thing, so she killed the dog. Those traits and initial shock value are why it's being condemned bilaterally.

Trying to turn this into part of the culture wars because some people hurt your soft feelings on the internet is exactly why no one takes you seriously.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
They absolutely 100% are related.

You don't need dogs to go pheasant hunting for fun in order to supply unrelated meats to the rest of the country. This is shit logic to think the two are inextricably linked.

Separately, if you can't train your dog, that's on you.

You try to make this a culture war when it's just a shitty person being shitty on a farm.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You don't need dogs to go pheasant hunting for fun in order to supply unrelated meats to the rest of the country. This is shit logic to think the two are inextricably linked.

Separately, if you can't train your dog, that's on you.

You try to make this a culture war when it's just a shitty person being shitty on a farm.
Its people getting offended by someone who was cruel to an animal who sanction, on a daily basis, cruelty to animals. It's hypocrisy.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hurt your soft feelings on the internet is exactly why no one takes you seriously.

Imagine someone with almost 50000 posts on an internet forum talking down to someone as if they are a superior being. Save your bullshit. It's called throwing stones in glass houses.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Imagine someone with almost 50000 posts on an internet forum talking down to someone as if they are a superior being. Save your bullshit. It's called throwing stones in glass houses.

That's literally your shtick and no one buys it.

We can't all be posting from our kayaks.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's literally your shtick and no one buys it.

We can't all be posting from our kayaks.
That is so overused at this point that you just look incredibly dumb for even saying it. Waiting for the pull yourself up by your bootstraps comment. I'm sure that's next. At least get some new material.

Imagine making fun of someone for kayaking. Ya know, something that is active, social, and gets one out of the house and into the world. I know it's scary for you and others here to do something other than get your nose out of the security of your smart phone or PC.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is so overused at this point that you just look incredibly dumb for even saying it. Waiting for the pull yourself up by your bootstraps comment. I'm sure that's next. At least get some new material.

Imagine making fun of someone for kayaking. Ya know, something that is active, social, and gets one out of the house and into the world. I know it's scary for you and others here to do something other than get your nose out of the security of your smart phone or PC.

You seem mad. Has it been awhile, you know, since you last took a good long hard kayaking?

I hear it's active, social, and gets you out of the house. Wouldn't want to post on forums like a nerd or something. Imagine.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I know it's scary for you and others here to do something other than get your nose out of the security of your smart phone or PC.
Uh most of us here play guitar. You know, the thing this entire forum is dedicated to. You’re a hard minority on this site for being someone who shows up specifically to have a pissing match in the politics section rather than to talk about guitars and guitar related activities

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Uh most of us here play guitar. You know, the thing this entire forum is dedicated to. You’re a hard minority on this site for being someone who shows up specifically to have a pissing match in the politics section rather than to talk about guitars and guitar related activities
You should pay more attention. I do post in guitar and gear threads. Just found the NHL thread too so add sports to that.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
He doesn't play guitar. He kayaks, rides horses, and has a chubby for people that shoot dogs.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He doesn't play guitar. He kayaks, rides horses, and has a chubby for people that shoot dogs.
I guess all these guitars next to me is just for looks then. You figured me out.

I never said I agreed with what she did. I'm trying to explain to you people that there exists big cultural divides within this country. You in particular, city boy, could stand to travel around a bit within the country and actually see how people live. They don't all subscribe to your particular rule set. Doesn't make them wrong either. I actually donate quite a bit to my local humane society and I view animals as cute and cuddly companions. Not everyone views them that way. What's worse..... shooting a dog in the head or slitting a steers throat until it bleeds out? Until you stop eating that occasional burger or steak, you have no right to be any sort of animal rights activist when it suits your political narrative. You may not have slit the steers throat yourself. You did indirectly pay the person who did when you bought that ground beef or paid the restaurant check.

What we should be doing instead is focusing on where she stands politically, because there is a lot to dislike about that. That and the thing with her daughter getting the license to be a property appraiser which had some smell around it.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I guess all these guitars next to me is just for looks then. You figured me out.

I never said I agreed with what she did. I'm trying to explain to you people that there exists big cultural divides within this country. You in particular, city boy, could stand to travel around a bit within the country and actually see how people live. They don't all subscribe to your particular rule set. Doesn't make them wrong either. I actually donate quite a bit to my local humane society and I view animals as cute and cuddly companions. Not everyone views them that way. What's worse..... shooting a dog in the head or slitting a steers throat until it bleeds out? Until you stop eating that occasional burger or steak, you have no right to be any sort of animal rights activist when it suits your political narrative. You may not have slit the steers throat yourself. You did indirectly pay the person who did when you bought that ground beef or paid the restaurant check.

What we should be doing instead is focusing on where she stands politically, because there is a lot to dislike about that. That and the thing with her daughter getting the license to be a property appraiser which had some smell around it.
Just want to point out that I am such a city boy liberal cuck that I was raised vegan and the only time I saw livestock was when my family would summer in the Adirondacks.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Little more than "pressing a button" when it comes to either new roof dunnage on an existing building or replacing a deteriorated dunnage assembly in place

Those aren't very good close up pics. But, I didn't see any visible deterioration of note that would merit that dunnage being replaced. Unless there was existing rust that was field painted over. So, that must mean the cooling towers are due for replacement and the new dunnage is required because the change in cooling tower dimensions? Very rare to lift a cooling tower off and then return it to new dunnage. I only had one project like that, and that's because the building owner was being cheap and was trying to squeeze every minute he could out of the unit.

Either way, those are a logistical nightmare when you have to do more than just watch the guys get it done. That building is small. Try doing it on top of a 12 story building and then have to find somewhere to park a 500 ton crane. We have one of those going on right now. Then having to get all of the coordination with the unit(s) and field measuring/surveying dead on and make absolutely sure there are zero errors when its install day for the dunnage and also install day for the unit. Because the worse thing is to park the unit in place and realize then the dunnage beams are in the wrong locations. Never had that happen but have heard stories of it happening on other jobs. There is drafting, engineering, fabrication, galvanizing, trucking, crane, field crews, etc that all have to be completed/scheduled so that you can hit a certain hour of a certain day 2 to 3 months down the road, when you have millions of dollars of other active projects going on.

Please please do continue to be condescending. It's amusing.

See, in all your “I’m trying to find a way to tear you down” points you ended up contradicting yourself.

Support frame for the towers was going to have to be replaced in about 5 years, I got it done ahead of time so I wouldn’t have to worry about it down the road. Because we’re not cheap, we get shit done.

And the cooling towers are already back on the roof and that portion of the job is complete, but I like how you’re trying to inform me of the work I already did to get this job completed.

image000001.jpeg

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just want to point out that I am such a city boy liberal cuck that I was raised vegan and the only time I saw livestock was when my family would summer in the Adirondacks.
I love the Yellowstone episode when Dutton tells the animal rights activist woman that all that soy that is planted and harvested kills all sorts of moles, voles, snakes, etc.

Vegans hands aren't clean. No ones are.

Latest posts