US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ok, I was gone for about a week and a half there. Someone catch me up, did I miss anything? It looks like we're back to another episode of DrewH Vs. The World.

This time it's less about DrewH defending his background/career/income/penis-size and more about DrewH defending executing your dog for being bad at hunting because you didn't do a good job training it to be good at hunting. Basically coming out against bipartisan (and essentially worldwide) condemnation of a terrible person doing a terrible thing.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This time it's less about DrewH defending his background/career/income/penis-size and more about DrewH defending executing your dog for being bad at hunting because you didn't do a good job training it to be good at hunting. Basically coming out against bipartisan (and essentially worldwide) condemnation of a terrible person doing a terrible thing.
Hey moron. Stop twisting it. I never once defended her. I was only pointing out that shit happens way more than you could possibly realize in the rural USA. I've seen stuff and heard stories from people who lived that life that I couldn't tell you if you were eating a meal. Stop being a dickhead. You don't know everything. I can tell a LOT of you were sheltered with privileged upbringings. You absolutely stink of that. You think you know the world but you don't. All that education but no common sense and no experience.

In regards to her, of course the fucking mainstream right wingers are condemning it. They are doing that for their own images. But, they really know what goes on in that life. Get a clue.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hey moron. Stop twisting it. I never once defended her. I was only pointing out that shit happens way more than you could possibly realize in the rural USA. I've seen stuff and heard stories from people who lived that life that I couldn't tell you if you were eating a meal. Stop being a dickhead. You don't know everything. I can tell a LOT of you were sheltered with privileged upbringings. You absolutely stink of that. You think you know the world but you don't. All that education but no common sense and no experience.

In regards to her, of course the fucking mainstream right wingers are condemning it. They are doing that for their own images. But, they really know what goes on in that life. Get a clue.

So you're not defending her, you just want us to know that shitty people kill dogs all the time in rural USA, and we don't know that because we're privileged?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Stop being a dickhead.
From now on in reading all DrewH's posts in Kate Nash's voice.

Sidenote: having grown up on and around farms, I've honestly never heard of anyone shooting a dog because they didn't like it. Or shooting 3 horses in one day. And I've had and ridden horses since I was a baby.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Ahhh yes, the party of smal government and freedom, actively finding ways to deny what the voters have been asking for in this state for years-

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So you're not defending her, you just want us to know that shitty people kill dogs all the time in rural USA, and we don't know that because we're privileged?
Get your head out of your ass. Lets just set aside working animals on farms and ranches and focus on animal cruelty in general in the US. Follow some of the animal rescues on social media and you'll see how cruelly animals are treated here. Animals that are burned with fire, burned with chemicals, or so starved they are on the verge of death. This is a very widespread problem here and far more prevalent in rural areas. You don't know because you are privileged. You stay in your little upper class bubble, surrounded by WAY too many guitars and amps, and you are intentionally ignorant to what happens elsewhere. It's an ugly world. Hence why I don't like it when people, for political reasons, suddenly start to care about one animal, when treatment of animals has been a huge issue for a long time.

Since you suddenly care so much about animals now, I fully expect you will do what I do, which is to follow the rescues on social media and use all that extra money you have to donate to some in need. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, the party of smal government and freedom, actively finding ways to deny what the voters have been asking for in this state for years-

He really can't do shit. It's on the ballot in November. I'm sure they will run ads to try to convince people otherwise, but a considerable % of people that use it are conservatives. I live in a staunchly red county and it's very accepted here. Plus, they give out the med cards like candy. Most everyone I know has one.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
OK, so I grew up on a farm in rural Maine. My parents farmed as their primary occupation, growing and raising most of our food from the late 60s through the 80s before getting "real" jobs and reducing the farm to just a garden and some chickens in the 90's. We had dairy cows, steer, goats, pigs, sheep, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, rabbits (very briefly), and two Belgian work horses that we boarded for some spare cash. This was a very rural area, mostly farms (there was a commercial dairy farm down the road that I worked at occasionally--yay! child labor!), lots of guns, lots of hunting and fishing, not a wealthy area, very right wing and christian.

I can definitely imagine people in the area I grew up in putting down a hunting dog because they hadn't trained it well. But those were garbage people. If you've lived in that kind of place, you know their type. They were the ones who thought that screaming at or beating their dog counted as "training", dumped their trash on the side of the road, beat their kids with a shovel (true story), and had a hard time holding down a minimum wage job because they'd get their drivers license suspended from drunk driving. Those people would totally shoot their dog because they were lazy pieces of shit. They're the ones who give rural people a bad name and that everyone else hated becuase they made the rest of us look bad and confirmed all the negative stereotypes that "city folk" had and made us all feel judged.

Slaughtering livestock is something that comes with the territory (and my own trauma around that is probably a large part of why I went vegan as an adult) and occasionally having to put an animal down that's injured or sick happens as a last resort. If you shoot your dog because you've failed to train it, you're a piece of shit. Admitting to that or supporting someone who does is telling on yourself.

[FWIW, even though we only had the two work horses on our farm, I *do* know how to ride a horse. But only coincidentally because my best friend, who I spent large parts of my summer with, had horses. But her parents were rich (family money from New York). Where I'm from, horses were for rich people. Farmers had four wheelers and snowmobiles, not horses.]

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Get your head out of your ass / Animals that are burned with fire /
Burned with chemicals / Starved / They are on the verge of death /
You stay in your little upper class bubble / It's an ugly world / Shut the fuck up!

tJ1vFU.gif

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Lets just set aside working animals on farms and ranches and focus on animal cruelty in general in the US.
Why? If you have to move the goalposts that far away, you don't have a strong point to make. This was very pointedly a conversation about a specific working animal on a farm, being shot because its owner didn't like it. No amount of what-about-other-cruelty changes that.

"It's an ugly world, so stop thinking about the politician that just admitted they shot a dog" is an incredibly dumb takeaway from the situation.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why? If you have to move the goalposts that far away, you don't have a strong point to make. This was very pointedly a conversation about a specific working animal on a farm, being shot because its owner didn't like it. No amount of what-about-other-cruelty changes that.

"It's an ugly world, so stop thinking about the politician that just admitted they shot a dog" is an incredibly dumb takeaway from the situation.
Just pointing out the very obvious selective outrage with most of you. You choose this instance to jump on the politician, but probably never gave 2 shits about animals before that.

TheDandy

Reaction score
Just pointing out the very obvious selective outrage with most of you. You choose this instance to jump on the politician, but probably never gave 2 shits about animals before that.
What a massive reach. Broad and likely incorrect assumptions based on nothing don't do your arguments a lot of good.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
you don't have a strong point to make

They never do. Just drops in every time there's some negative news for conservatives, or positive for anything left of Clinton, making the rounds to start these stupid tangents. I feel like this thread could be turned into a really boring Wikipedia article for some made up nobody who pretends to overshare to win points no one is keeping score of.

Trump ruled against in court: "I bet you pansys have never kayaked."

Governor shoots a dog: "vegans are pretty much Hitler, fight me!"

Some student loans are being forgiven: "You basement dwellers have small dicks so watch me ride a horse."

Just someone really lonely who just wants to argue. But don't worry, they post in the guitar section too. Did you guys know that PRS guitars have good fretwork? Because now we do!

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Just pointing out the very obvious selective outrage with most of you.
It's not selective outrage - you do this with EVERY subject you disagree with. You try to shift the conversation into some what-about-ism that has nothing to do with the conversation in an attempt to come out looking like you know better than everyone, and when that doesn't convince anyone, you start insulting people and pivoting into pissing matches. It's exhausting and unproductive.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bet you pansys have never kayaked / Vegans are pretty much Hitler / Fight me!
You basement dwellers have small dicks / Watch me ride a horse!

V_f4n1.gif

Alex Webster <3

Old school Alex Webster <3333333

I take it back, this thread is great. Totally saved.

Latest posts