US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
The budgetary changes for the NYPD don't take place until the next fiscal year, which doesn't even start until October, with execution taking place second quarter, which is January at the earliest.
Given that just the appearance of weakness was enough to cause that much of a spike, I'm sure that actual weakness will work out wonderfully for them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given that just the appearance of weakness was enough to cause that much of a spike, I'm sure that actual weakness will work out wonderfully for them!

Move them goal posts. :lol:

Perhaps massive civil unrest, high unemployment, and further effects of the pandemic are exacerbating the situation.

But yeah, maybe it's just the idea of only having $5 billion to work with next year.

Adieu

Reaction score

Yeah

Now that the armed police department of the Los Angeles School District got pressured by libtards to return those grenade launchers... we're certainly doomed.

Our FREEDOM is in peril.

How? Who knows.... maybe we'll get conquered and enslaved by a bunch of 15yo communists led by that underaged-looking ex-waitress from the Bronx

BRING BACK THE ROCKET LAUNCHERS!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

Last edited:

zappatton2

Reaction score
The idea that people need the threat of punishment to play nice in civil society is an excuse far too often concocted by wannabe autocrats, and is demonstrably untrue.

The least punitive nations on earth are often also those nations most conducive to public investment and engagement. The idea that everyone counts in a society tends to broadly make people more collectively invested in their society. Not as some showy, breast beating expression of mindless nationalism, but as an understanding that we, as citizens, all have a stake in our collective well-being, strong civil protections and a supportive safety net.

If America is burning, it is because half of America is demanding civil rights for citizens who's very lives are still treated as expendable, and the other half who are happy to keep America brutish, militaristic and racist, and perfectly comfortable with state authorities killing citizens with no consequence, under the illusion that we're all just rabid dogs waiting to eat our neighbors the moment that cop steps off our neck (no due respect to Alex Jones for the eating neighbors thing).

Cynicanal

Reaction score
Yeah

Now that the armed police department of the Los Angeles School District got pressured by libtards to return those grenade launchers... we're certainly doomed.

Our FREEDOM is in peril.

How? Who knows.... maybe we'll get conquered and enslaved by a bunch of 15yo communists led by that underaged-looking ex-waitress from the Bronx

BRING BACK THE ROCKET LAUNCHERS!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!
Personally, I'd like the police to be armed enough to deal with hostage or active shooter situations, but that's just me.

The idea that people need the threat of punishment to play nice in civil society is an excuse far too often concocted by wannabe autocrats, and is demonstrably untrue.

The least punitive nations on earth are often also those nations most conducive to public investment and engagement. The idea that everyone counts in a society tends to broadly make people more collectively invested in their society. Not as some showy, breast beating expression of mindless nationalism, but as an understanding that we, as citizens, all have a stake in our collective well-being, strong civil protections and a supportive safety net.

If America is burning, it is because half of America is demanding civil rights for citizens who's very lives are still treated as expendable, and the other half who are happy to keep America brutish, militaristic and racist, and perfectly comfortable with state authorities killing citizens with no consequence, under the illusion that we're all just rabid dogs waiting to eat our neighbors the moment that cop steps off our neck (no due respect to Alex Jones for the eating neighbors thing).
Yeah, maybe all of that hippie shit works in a very homogeneous country where people share a culture and a history, but the U.S. isn't that. The way NY was cleaned up in the first place was through aggressive "broken windows" policing, and it took about 3 seconds for CHAZ to become a hellscape of rape and robbery. We're heterogeneous enough that we'll always be at cross-purposes with each other -- some groups demanding "give me free shit from every white person, even though most white people today aren't descended from slave owners!", and others being the people that free shit is demanded of... it's never going to work. I mean, if you're not of "my tribe" in some way -- whether through friendship, familial relation, or affiliation -- I don't give a shit about your well being, and that's true of everyone whether they want to admit it or not (see: Dunbar's Number). When everyone is in the same tribe, people might care about each other, but that's not the case in the U.S. due to our history, and it never will be the case short of a genocidal civil war. Brutal crime-ridden every-man-for-himself hellscape or punitive retaliation are the only two options we have here.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I dunno, Canada certainly isn't without racism or social strife, but we do officially celebrate the concept of multiculturalism; the idea that we can celebrate the best of the cultural mosaic that we are, as one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. That doesn't mean that there aren't some people who don't grumble about multiculturalism, or do get tribal about things, but the broader consensus is that we do all fit together, and that our differences bring a broader cultural enrichment. If I might add on a personal level, I work with people of every colour and creed, from across the world, and our commonalities as co-workers and friends far outweigh the differences of our backgrounds.

Our BLM demonstrations have been largely without incident or violence, and a big part of that was that our police were there handing out water and summoning paramedics when people succumbed to the heat. And that was the trend across the country. I won't paper over police brutality here, but they read the room, and things stayed peaceful and harmonious.

Your attitude about those around you is unfortunate, and I believe it is the result of an ideology you have been raised with. If I might quote one of our past Prime Ministers, which I think should apply equally to citizens of the United States;
trudeau.jpg

Last edited:

Adieu

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like the police to be armed enough to deal with hostage or active shooter situations, but that's just me.

Yeah, maybe all of that hippie shit works in a very homogeneous country where people share a culture and a history, but the U.S. isn't that. The way NY was cleaned up in the first place was through aggressive "broken windows" policing, and it took about 3 seconds for CHAZ to become a hellscape of rape and robbery. We're heterogeneous enough that we'll always be at cross-purposes with each other -- some groups demanding "give me free shit from every white person, even though most white people today aren't descended from slave owners!", and others being the people that free shit is demanded of... it's never going to work. I mean, if you're not of "my tribe" in some way -- whether through friendship, familial relation, or affiliation -- I don't give a shit about your well being, and that's true of everyone whether they want to admit it or not (see: Dunbar's Number). When everyone is in the same tribe, people might care about each other, but that's not the case in the U.S. due to our history, and it never will be the case short of a genocidal civil war. Brutal crime-ridden every-man-for-himself hellscape or punitive retaliation are the only two options we have here.

School cops with absolutely necessary and totally rational rocket launchers?

I miss the KGB. They had subtlety and restraint. And got sh!t done without any rocket launchers whatsoever. The Soviet citizenry thought it was kinda cool but somewhat excessive that they got special issue cars with V8 engines not available to the general public....that was IT.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Trump finally seen wearing a mask. Only took how many people dying in the US? I stopped counting after 100K.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
If that was the case, why did Canada's PM cry like crazy when Trump instituted a tariff on Canadian steel
I said Canadian CITIZENS want nothing to do with the US's problems right now. I really hope that you don't believe that a country's government always acts 100% reflective of it's citizens. I stand by what I said. The majority of us want no piece of that trainwreck. As was mentioned, we have our own problems to deal with.

If Canada wanted nothing to do with the U.S., a tariff on their products would equal less trade with Canada
So more trade between the two countries means bowing to our interests? .....???

Even the police here in Canada are MORE than armed for those situations. You're very clearly missing every nuance of the intent of the defunding thing. Yeah, we want law enforcement to be equipped enough to do their jobs. What we don't want is for them to be armed to the teeth in every situation regardless of whether it's needed or appropriate. Because it's very often not needed or appropriate.

Brutal crime-ridden every-man-for-himself hellscape or punitive retaliation are the only two options we have here.
That whole paragraph is the most us-vs-them bullshit I think I've ever read on this forum.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

Sometimes I like to sit here and imagine what type of third world shithole you imagine you live in.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
the idea that we can celebrate the best of the cultural mosaic that we are, as one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Canada is 73% white, and 45% of the rest is Asian. That is such a huge difference from what the U.S. has to deal with, where 13% of our population is demanding that the 60% group give all of their money to them and allow themselves to be raped and murdered without the ability to defend themselves.

I mean, we're in a nation where when a pair of homeowners in the 60% showed that they were armed when their home was being attacked by a group from that 13%, the entire internet said "NO, THEY SHOULDN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES, SOMEONE, PRESS CHARGES!" That's how crazy shit has gotten in the U.S. Diversity isn't our strength; it's an obstacle that we repeatedly overcome.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Canada is 73% white, and 45% of the rest is Asian. That is such a huge difference from what the U.S. has to deal with, where 13% of our population is demanding that the 60% group give all of their money to them and allow themselves to be raped and murdered without the ability to defend themselves.

I mean, we're in a nation where when a pair of homeowners in the 60% showed that they were armed when their home was being attacked by a group from that 13%, the entire internet said "NO, THEY SHOULDN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES, SOMEONE, PRESS CHARGES!" That's how crazy shit has gotten in the U.S. Diversity isn't our strength; it's an obstacle that we repeatedly overcome.

The delusion is old.

Signed,

Black Canadian.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
I didn't say there were no black canadians, but being roughly 4% black is very different than being roughly 13% black. Y'all don't have the "once per decade, but becoming more common" racial riots that move in waves and destroy cities/beat random whites to death for being white/get in open shootouts with immigrants of other colors that the U.S. does.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Well, I can admit when I'm wrong, grew up in Toronto and mixed up national demographics with the Greater Toronto Area. That said, the only "race wars" I'm seeing in America are the long, endless examples of lynch mobs and trigger happy cops. If I was black, I would be terrified to leave my house for fear of a paranoid gun-toter deciding I was walking through the wrong neighbourhood, or, glob forbid, stepping on their lawn.

What I see at the protests are black and white citizens coming together to demand justice and an end to systemic and brutal racism. And I'm seeing cops on a broad scale use acts of violence against unarmed, overwhelmingly peaceful protesters, while dressed and armed like an occupying military. I'm sure there could be an isolated incident or two, but I am definitely NOT seeing white people being randomly attacked for being white.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
Then you're completely unfamiliar of what "black and white citizens coming together to demand justice and an end to systemic and brutal racism" looks like. Google "Reginald Denny". Or "Destruction of Koreatown". Or even watch what happened in Minneapolis recently. I mean, sure, most of our news media tries valiantly to deny it (to the point that they'll say "there's only peaceful protesting happening here" while buildings are being set on fire on camera behind the anchor), but that's the same news media that's been caught having anchors pretend to have Covid-19 so they can document their recovery when they never actually had it, so you'd be a fool to listen to anything they have to say.

We've hit the point where we have white liberals kissing the shoes of black protesters in the streets (ironically, while calling conservatives "boot lickers"). This isn't "people coming together"; this is subjugation.

Last edited: