US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
"Trump inherited the best economy in decades and systematically destroyed it for 4 years, culminating in a once-a-century economic event he completely botched leaving Biden's administration to try to pick up the pieces. Now UNDER BIDEN things are worse as a direct result of Trump's policies. EXPLAIN LIBTARDS"

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
So... you're not flying me out? Whew! That's a relief. I wasn't looking forward to a weekend of sitting around waiting on some guy in slippers and a bathrobe to show up while I was in the middle of a Whopper.

BAT13_Photo_001.jpg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you explain about what was so terrible outside of a few mean tweets? I had a 2.7% interest rate, no wars, cheap gas, we had some actual respect from the rest of the world… Biden is literally owned by the Chinese communist party. Follow the money

You reading off Newsmax cue cards?

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a new favourite quote from this thread. I've never seen someone tell on themselves so hard without realizing it.
I didn't realize that being honest about how automated the world is was telling on one's self. Every one of us that works relies on tech to speed up our productivity.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I didn't realize that being honest about how automated the world is was telling on one's self.
I know you mean this sarcastically, but I'm choosing to take it at face value.

Yes, we all use technology to make our jobs easier. But most of us don't then brag about how smart and important we are because the technology does all the work for us. I could if I wanted to - because I do actually write software, making simulation tools for people who can then sit back and create stuff without doing the math. That's literally what I do. I'm one of the people making those apps so that you don't have to do any real work, and then can peacock about how important your role is. But I can at least be humble about the idea that I'm also building off of prior people's work, and I'm usually surrounded by much smarter people than I am.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know you mean this sarcastically, but I'm choosing to take it at face value.

Yes, we all use technology to make our jobs easier. But most of us don't then brag about how smart and important we are because the technology does all the work for us. I could if I wanted to - because I do actually write software, making simulation tools for people who can then sit back and create stuff without doing the math. That's literally what I do. I'm one of the people making those apps so that you don't have to do any real work, and then can peacock about how important your role is. But I can at least be humble about the idea that I'm also building off of prior people's work, and I'm usually surrounded by much smarter people than I am.

I don't do real work? Just admit you know nothing about the construction industry. Might have saved you a few typed words.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't do real work? Just admit you know nothing about the construction industry. Might have saved you a few typed words.
I'm guessing this ain't the only place you posture to suck your own dick, Marilyn, so I'd say probably not. Extreme crunches to chase your own baby carrot in a forum isn't real work.

Still got points you ducked, by the way.

Here's a construction question:

How high is the pedestal you built to posture on and at what angle do you bend to kiss your own ass? How much did that cost in labor and materials, and how hellacious was it getting THAT building permit? Also, how long did it take to punch it in at the computer in between bragging here and trying to convince people how alpha kayaking is, along with all the physical activity required to evade any point you can't talk yourself out of?

Last edited:

zappatton2

Reaction score
To me it’s less Biden against Trump. It’s the original American idea of maximizing individual freedoms against more and more government control. I admit when the right are in power they only spend slightly less and govern only slightly less hard than the left. However the modern left is going overboard. Politically motivated social media censorship, going after political opponents with the Justice system, completely open borders etc. I wish some people would see past “orange man bad” and look at the bigger picture here.
There's two arguments here I can't get behind;
1) that Conservative governments are better with public money than Liberal ones (almost never true, but the broad difference has been that the right tends to funnel more money away from public services and into private pockets, not that "Neoliberal" liberals have exactly been slouches in that department), and

2) that Conservative governments expand "personal freedoms" while Liberals take them away. That's the hardest one to swallow, as right now, the world over, reactionary extremists have been taking power and actively targeting the institutions that secure basic freedoms and civil rights. In the States, we see active movements on the right to increase voter-disenfranchisement, politicize the courts, remove women's rights over their own bodies, remove medical options for select "undesirables", ban and burn books in publicly funded contexts, blur the line between religion and state, I could go on forever.

That Democrats want some reasonable regulations regarding rampant hate speech/disinformation on social media sites, or sensible rules around safety and access to deadly weapons, can hardly be considered attacks on freedom, as those aren't zero-sum debates, and some regulation isn't the same as black helicopters coming to take away every online troll or gun enthusiast.

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
There's two arguments here I can't get behind;
1) that Conservative governments are better with public money than Liberal ones (almost never true, but the broad difference has been that the right tends to funnel more money away from public services and into private pockets, not that "Neoliberal" liberals have exactly been slouches in that department), and

2) that Conservative governments expand "personal freedoms" while Liberals take them away. That's the hardest one to swallow, as right now, the world over, reactionary extremists have been taking power and actively targeting the institutions that secure basic freedoms and civil rights. In the States, we see active movements on the right to increase voter-disenfranchisement, politicize the courts, remove women's rights over their own bodies, remove medical options for select "undesirables", ban and burn books in publicly funded contexts, blur the line between religion and state, I could go on forever.

That Democrats want some reasonable regulations regarding rampant hate speech/disinformation on social media sites, or sensible rules around safety and access to deadly weapons, can hardly be considered attacks on freedom, as those aren't zero-sum debates, and some regulation isn't the same as black helicopters coming to take away every online troll or gun enthusiast.
All of the recent “disinformation” has been proven true. Covid came from a lab (duh) Hunters laptop was real. The problem is that extremely biased corporations are controlling what is “true” vs. “misinformation”.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
All of the recent “disinformation” has been proven true. Covid came from a lab (duh) Hunters laptop was real. The problem is that extremely biased corporations are controlling what is “true” vs. “misinformation”.
Just a quick question to gauge what we're dealing with here. Have you ever, or would you ever, use the term "globalist" unironically?

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick question to gauge what we're dealing with here. Have you ever, or would you ever, use the term "globalist" unironically?

And more importantly… how many times has he unironically shared a meme of Rothschilds saying they are worth $500T and caused every major war? (Yet we’ve prob never heard of them. 🤫)

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
Probably as many times as you have called yourself part of the “resistance” when you agree with the MSM, every major corporation, and what the government tells you to think

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Probably as many times as you have called yourself part of the “resistance” when you agree with the MSM, every major corporation, and what the government tells you to think
So I'm gonna go with that's a yes, just based on the fact that you think anyone would call themself "part of the resistance"

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
So you are saying there is no such thing as globalists? Or globalism? Wide open borders doesn’t support that concept?

So you must hate the globalist MAGA House Republicans for blocking the recent border bill?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I know exactly as much about the construction industry as you know about the software industry, I imagine. But then again, I don't make claims about math having no meaningful real-world application - which.... I'm pretty sure construction uses math.

Latest posts