US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He must be typing this from his kayak, no way he just woke up and decided come here with all us lazy loser gestapo on a Saturday morning.

Besides he doesn't just post here. Without his contribution to the forum how else would we know that you just can't get good action on Fenders. That's some really good info to have.
You talk like a middle school girl. It's really embarrassing for you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude, she's just not that into you. Sorry she hurt your feelings. If only she had known more about kayaking she'd have known what she was missing.
The sad part of this is you actually thought that was funny and clever.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
He must be typing this from his kayak, no way he just woke up and decided come here with all us lazy loser gestapo on a Saturday morning.

Besides he doesn't just post here. Without his contribution to the forum how else would we know that you just can't get good action on Fenders. That's some really good info to have.
You can't get good action on Fenders? Sounds like someone needs to spend more time setting up guitars and less time sitting in kayaks or feeding the homeless or teaching business courses to orphaned children or whatever the charity boasting is up to at this point.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You can't get good action on Fenders? Sounds like someone needs to spend more time setting up guitars and less time sitting in kayaks or feeding the homeless or teaching business courses to orphaned children or whatever the charity boasting is up to at this point.
But, why? I can buy Music Man guitars that are nearly perfect out of the case. I like to play my guitars. Not fight them on set up type stuff.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
But, why? I can buy Music Man guitars that are nearly perfect out of the case. I like to play my guitars. Not fight them on set up type stuff.
Nah man big guy like you ought to have all the tools to do the big guy work you say you do! Don't tell me you pay those guys thousands of the factory to get it set up for you? That's commie work!

Wait nah, I understand, you buy music man guitars so you don't waste any precious time setting up your guitar so you can spend your real time fighting libtardism on the Internet in your kayak.

narad

Reaction score
Really not that tough to do though and nothing's going to stay perfect over time, so saving a one-time occurrence of a recurring cost doesn't seem like a big win to me. Plus, just me, but I think knowing how to adjust your instrument is just part of what it means to be a guitarist.

narad

Reaction score
I can setup my guitars just fine. Just have no patience to level frets on a new one.

You shouldn't have to level frets on a new Fender that's comparably high-end to an EBMM.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really not that tough to do though and nothing's going to stay perfect over time, so saving a one-time occurrence of a recurring cost doesn't seem like a big win to me. Plus, just me, but I think knowing how to adjust your instrument is just part of what it means to be a guitarist.
Anyone can set up a guitar. I'm not dealing with frets that need leveling on a new instrument. My Charvel Danhage is the worse in that regard than the worst Fender I ever put my hands on. It's still waiting for me to get around to dealing with that. It's the guitar that put me off on buying another import Charvel.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to level frets on a new Fender that's comparably high-end to an EBMM.
You are right. I "shouldn't" have to. My Juanes strat is one of their higher end offerings, and still had a couple of frets that needed some attention. Although, not as bad as their sub $2000 stuff.

narad

Reaction score
You are right. I "shouldn't" have to. My Juanes strat is one of their higher end offerings, and still had a couple of frets that needed some attention. Although, not as bad as their sub $2000 stuff.

Those are what, $2400? That's a far cry from like a new JP in the $3400 range.

CannibalCricket

Scabs, locks, strings--picking things
Reaction score
Yes, that's how the report system works?

The thing about participating in a community is when you see someone new you ask yourself questions like "who's that guy?" and "when did they start posting here?". Then you see it's a new account that started posting in politics. And you don't know this, but that's a pretty common posting pattern for trolls. In fact we have certain folks who have done it repeatedly.
Wasnt try to troll anthing but i get it. I am new to this and politics is something everyone can talk about. I have my opinions like everyone else take it for what it is. If my opinions mattered i wouldnt be sharing them on a forum

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those are what, $2400? That's a far cry from like a new JP in the $3400 range.
Can't really compare prices directly since the JPs cost more to produce and I'm sure John is getting a much larger cut off his than most other signature artists. There is a good argument to be had about where one should start to expect great fretwork out of the factory. Anything that is being advertised as a pro level instrument should fall into that category, imo.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are you kidding? I used to babysit my younger cousins. I wouldn't hesitate to use the word "tyrant". "A person exercising power or control in a cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary way" is like Toddler 101. It's practically their manifesto.
Kids don't have power or control, they want power and control. They're not rulers in any way. They're almost never cruel (insofar as that requires an understanding of the consequences of what they're doing).

Kids can absolutely be selfish and egotistical and unreasonable from the perspective of an adult (though I suspect reasonable from their own shorter-term perspective). But that's not the essence of 'tyranical'.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Kids don't have power or control, they want power and control. They're not rulers in any way. They're almost never cruel (insofar as that requires an understanding of the consequences of what they're doing).
From the perspective of someone on the receiving end of the actions, the actions of an actual tyrant can be indistinguishable from the actions of someone seeming to act like one.