US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Whenever I hear someone say that women cry all the time, I can't help but picture the kind of pet owner who can't fathom why their dog is aggressive towards new people. "That's so weird, he's never like that with me. Just slap him in the face when he barks at you, he'll learn eventually."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, if you're American (can't speak for the world), boys are often* trained to stifle their emotions from an early age. My perspective: they miss out on the feeling part and the communication part.

*I have a guess about the drewh household.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, if you're American (can't speak for the world), boys are often* trained to stifle their emotions from an early age. My perspective: they miss out on the feeling part and the communication part.

*I have a guess about the drewh household.
Also, this interpretation of crying (or complaining in general) as emotionally weak, but traditionally "guy-like" reactions like anger, yelling, hitting things etc is somehow stronger emotionally?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I don’t know if science corroborates it or not but in my experience (totally anecdotal I know) women cry more than men. I have cried twice since September of 2012. My wife cries probably twice a week. She’ll cry at commercials with puppies or babies. Hence the term “crying like a girl”.
Now I don’t think crying is bad. Or an emotional weakness, but we are just “different” and that’s where the term comes from I think. We deal with emotions differently. We are built different.
Bro I am 6'1", 200 pounds, bearded, work with tools and have at least a 9 inch penis and I cry daily.

We are built different.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Bro I am 6'1", 200 pounds, bearded, work with tools and have at least a 9 inch penis and I cry daily.

We are built different.
Oh yeah well I’m 6’2”, 201lb, bearded and mustached, have a 10 inch penis, cry twice a day, and own a kayak store. Checkmate weak liberal

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
DrewH is angry at women because they make him pay for sex and inflation is keeping him from losing his virginity.
Your girl did say you weren't bringing home enough income. Mentioned something about music education not paying off. Just doing what I can to help your family unit out.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Your girl did say you weren't bringing home enough income. Mentioned something about music education not paying off. Just doing what I can to help your family unit out.

Comeback Rating:

giphy.gif

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
If you're not man enough to deliberately inject yourself with estrogen and live the rest of your life as a woman your masculinity is toxic and weak 😈

I don't even have my vagina yet (6 more months) but DrewH and Glades comments have absolutely "turned my faucet off down there" lol

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score

We are built different.
That’s not normal tho. I would have figured an adult male would cry maybe a dozen times in their entire life. You alright bro?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
If my previous comment wasn't on the nose enough - I've only ever been told, in person, that "men don't cry" by the same bros who proceed to take their emotions out on everyone around them in the least productive ways possible - punching things, punching people, hitting their kids, hitting their pets, destroying property, shouting down service workers unfortunate enough to be nearby, drinking themselves to death, etc. Those are not signs of strength, they're signs you have zero control of your emotions.

People have been trying to dissuade men from bottling up any sign of emotion for ages, because it's been known practically forever that it isn't healthy for anyone.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Women are stronger emotionally than men.

Honestly this seems just as misguided as stating it's the other way around. If someone wants to claim any gender is emotionally stronger than the other, define what that means, then point to measurements that support it. Otherwise it's just anecdotal generalizations.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
One of the biggest things I’m grateful for is a former manager of mine who called out my bullshit attitude where I frequently used anger to manipulate situations. I partially knew I was doing it but didn’t realize how much of a negative effect the anger was having on the rest of my life.

I wish I could add up all the hours I spent frustrated, how many walls I punched, how much shit I threw around the room in an effort to impose my will on other people. The effort/effectiveness ratio would be all kinds of fucked.

As I was resolving that aspect of me, I started noticing I’d involuntarily start crying when hearing a large audience reaction. It pissed me off at first, watching America’s Got Talent and crying over that?!? GTFO.

Then it started happening at concerts, I think I bawled my eyes out the entire STP reunion set, like not a tear here and there, straight waterworks, ugly face.

That was all over a decade ago. Now that involuntary emotional reaction is something I look forward to. It’s me at the most emphatic and grateful point I can be at……and anger isn’t a thing in my life these days. Frustration, sure, but actual anger is quite rare and I know if I’m feeling angry, I’m not looking in the right area for a solution.

And all that mental work has made me a fucking machine at my job and navigating all the big manly men trade bullshit, because I’m not fighting a battle in my head.

At the end of the day, there’s energy behind those emotions that’s gotta get out. It WILL find its way out regardless and I’d much rather be in control of which direction it’s going to take.

Last edited: