US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Honestly this seems just as misguided as stating it's the other way around. If someone wants to claim any gender is emotionally stronger than the other, define what that means, then point to measurements that support it. Otherwise it's just anecdotal generalizations.
Of course it's anecdotal and me being a contrarian. People are just people. On the other hand, women generally have to go their entire lives being told how all-consumed by their emotions they are by "logic-driven" men constantly, and they don't just stab those motherfuckers in the throat, so maybe there's something to it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I haven't really been able to cry since my clot a few years ago. I can feel it willing up but never really happens. It's a serious problem in my life honestly. Talked to my therapist about it and did some work on it, but didn't get anywhere unfortunately.

Being able to feel and express strong emotions is what makes people human. I'm really sorry that some of you are missing out on that, because I know it's a much worse way to live.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I haven't really been able to cry since my clot a few years ago. I can feel it willing up but never really happens. It's a serious problem in my life honestly. Talked to my therapist about it and did some work on it, but didn't get anywhere unfortunately.

Being able to feel and express strong emotions is what makes people human. I'm really sorry that some of you are missing out on that, because I know it's a much worse way to live.

Ah, I see now I should have banged the M8M headstock against the ceiling. It's therapeutic!

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Honestly this seems just as misguided as stating it's the other way around. If someone wants to claim any gender is emotionally stronger than the other, define what that means, then point to measurements that support it. Otherwise it's just anecdotal generalizations.
I think “emotional strength” is probably the wrong word. “emotional stability” is probably a better term. A person that is very difficult to knock off center line, that doesn’t anger easily, that can operate through difficult or stressful situations with a leveled head and look through all the conflict to achieve a goal and get through . A person that doesn’t let feelings get in the way. A Jedi pretty much haha
There needs to be at least one of these in a relationship. If both people in a relationship are emotionally unstable, you have a mess. Sometimes it’s the girl. Sometimes it’s the guy. But more often than not it’s the guy that is the more emotionally stable. It’s a hormonal thing. It’s not mysoginistic to recognize it. It’s nature.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
People are just people.
Thanks, Depeche Mode.

giphy.gif

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every "tough guy" who says they "don't" or have never cried is either lying or just incredibly sheltered. All the sorts of folks like that who I've seen fall the fuck apart day one when shit gets bad.

Every battalion chief, deputy chief, and even the long time med folks I've worked with I've seen breakdown. It's human.

In all my years of emergency response, I never found there to be a significant difference in the genders when it came to keeping their emotions in check and when it was time to express them.

Anecdotally, some of the most even keeled people I've met have been 911 operators, who are predominantly women.

The idea of the "hysterical woman" is a longstanding, patriarchal canard rooted in misogyny and quackery.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think “emotional strength” is probably the wrong word. “emotional stability” is probably a better term.
But more often than not it’s the guy that is the more emotionally stable.
This is just pure misogyny, though.

Like, even if you say "it's science" it doesn't matter. You are saying it is worse to be a woman than a man. That is misogyny.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is just pure misogyny, though.

Like, even if you say "it's science" it doesn't matter. You are saying it is worse to be a woman than a man. That is misogyny.
As usual, you are off the mark.

It's ok to recognize the differences between 2 genders. We DO have 2 genders, even though you want to now cram us all into this absurd politically correct box of absolute equality. Recognizing differences doesn't mean we are pointing out inferiority or superiority. You can't throw out millions of years of evolution. We have 2 genders because each has a designed role to fill and thus are constructed in a way to fulfill those roles. If you want to incorrectly claim that women are the equal of men when it comes to emotional stability, you haven't spent much time with a woman during the week before her period, or worse, when she is pregnant. Put the body armor on and brave the storm that's coming.

This is called the real world. Not the fake world you leftists want to make up as you go.

narad

Reaction score

It's ok to recognize the differences between 2 genders. We DO have 2 genders, even though you want to now cram us all into this absurd politically correct box of absolute equality. Recognizing differences doesn't mean we are pointing out inferiority or superiority. You can't throw out millions of years of evolution. We have 2 genders because each has a designed role to fill and thus are constructed in a way to fulfill those roles. If you want to incorrectly claim that women are the equal of men when it comes to emotional stability, you haven't spent much time with a woman during the week before her period, or worse, when she is pregnant. Put the body armor on and brave the storm that's coming.

This is called the real world. Not the fake world you leftists want to make up as you go.

Again, that's an anecdote. If you want to argue about how things are, as in a fact and not merely your opinion, CITATIONS NEEDED

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Hey look, misogyny and trans/bi/queerphobia too in the one post.

You need to, like, read some books and essays on these topics before you spew bullshit about them.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey look, misogyny and trans/bi/queerphobia too in the one post.

You need to, like, read some books and essays on these topics before you spew bullshit about them.
Right after you spend time with an actual woman. I'm guessing you haven't done much of that.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score

Bro you have went nuclear how many times in this thread about the silliest shit and you wanna call women emotionally unstable?

narad

Reaction score
Right after you spend time with an actual woman. I'm guessing you haven't done much of that.

I don't care if Wilt Chamberlain himself is in here spouting this nonsense. It's not an issue to solve via one person's point of view vs. the collective knowledge of society gleaned from science. You are making a fundamental blunder, and everything else you say is worthless because it all eventually falls back to your opinion and nothing objective.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't care if Wilt Chamberlain himself is in here spouting this nonsense. It's not an issue to solve via one person's point of view vs. the collective knowledge of society gleaned from science. You are making a fundamental blunder, and everything else you say is worthless because it all eventually falls back to your opinion and nothing objective.
I'm making the blunder? Must be why I only ever hear some of this nonsense on this forum and nowhere else. You are definitely your own little leftist world here.

narad

Reaction score
I'm making the blunder? Must be why I only ever hear some of this nonsense on this forum and nowhere else. You are definitely your own little leftist world here.

So you're out there in other aspects of your life ranting generalizations about women in all seriousness? Between this and the kayaking, it's not looking great, man.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So you're out there in other aspects of your life ranting generalizations about women in all seriousness? Between this and the kayaking, it's not looking great, man.
This coming from the guy who bought yet another amp, when he could have donated that money to help someone in need. You did say you are SO concerned about others less fortunate. I'd rather be what I am than an absolutely self deluded hypocrite. But, keep talking. It's what you are best at. Best at being full of shit.

Yeah, the expedition open water kayaking, the mountaineering, the 200 mile running relays, and much more? You really want to compare actual life experience? I got a lot more doing a lot of shit you wouldn't have the mental focus or physical stamina to do. So, how about shut the fuck up, and just keep hiding on the internet and talking bullshit. Fair?