Using midi controller to change amp channel and pod patch simultaneously?

laynegwillingham

Reaction score
I have a PRS Archon head I'm using as my dry guitar tone (clean and distortion) and I have an HD pro I use for all my effects. I'm running it through the effects loop of the Archon. When changing between different effects and channels (ex. Clean w/ delay to distorted with mild flange) I have to tap dance between two different footboards (Archon controller and midi controller). The Archon has a midi input for the foot controller. I'm wondering if there is a way I can set it up where I just use the midi and it will change my amp and my multi effects unit simultaneously.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Its just a din thats like a midi. If you want a cheap solution, get a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher. But for a little more, you can get a used G Major. I just got one for $160 used on GC used gear. Even if ya dont use the effects (they ARE good) its worth it. You can run a midi out from the HD Pro in the G Major and change all your channels with the shortboard (or whatever you have) of the Pod. You will need to find a cable or have it made, but its worth it.