FS VHT Pittbull Ultralead

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: VHT Pittbull Ultralead
Modifications (if any): N/A
Accessories (hardshell case etc): footswitch
Location (City,State or City,Country): Tokyo
International OK? : Yes
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here
References (eBay or other forum userid): narad here, elsewhere
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2k+ship
Pictures:
u4mmt4fvpyqbppivvxnd.jpg

rvresui4kpgs5ok2oaqh.jpg

For sale or trade - the legendary Pittbull Ultralead! One of my absolute favorites, but I have 2, so here it is. Overall condition is really good. Some small scuffs and some "cuts" in the tolex on the front edge top (visible in the photo if you look). 100V, can use a step-up/step-down. Ideally I'd like to sell without the tubes, but depending on the deal and acceptance that I have no control over tubes surviving shipping, could possibly include. Worldwide shipping available, can try to work out something reasonable price-wisebased on buyer location

Mostly interesting in getting some of the last few amps I've been hunting for which are hard to get in Japan. Depending on timing, I could receive an amp shipped to Tokyo or NY if international is scary.

Roughly...
- Framus Cobra
- Hiwatt Super-Hi 50
- Wizard MTL
- Steavens Poundcake
- Omega Obsidian, maybe Granophyre
- maybe KSR / Fortin / Friedman stuff

Basically if there's significant number of threads saying, "Oh yea! That's one of my favorite amps!" then it's worth considering :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Dang, too bad I didn't pick up that Cobra in a trade a few weeks ago after all. Would've gladly traded!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Killer deal. I finally found one a few years ago, and have not seen a UL with GEQ anywhere near this price in years.
Did you post in the Fryette/VHT FB group? Lots of fans there, too.

narad

Reaction score
Killer deal. I finally found one a few years ago, and have not seen a UL with GEQ anywhere near this price in years.
Did you post in the Fryette/VHT FB group? Lots of fans there, too.

Ah, didn't think of that / know of it. I'll check it out.

narad

Reaction score
I can also knock off $100 if I swap the better headshell parts from this amp onto my Sig-X: a worn handle and more scratched up corner pieces and taking the amp feet. It's hard for me to get replacements out here.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
I can also knock off $100 if I swap the better headshell parts from this amp onto my Sig-X: a worn handle and more scratched up corner pieces and taking the amp feet. It's hard for me to get replacements out here.

ugh i just noticed japan and 100v

it's a great price but if i need a transformer and sadly loses value in my head at least

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I think these sell well, but the average guy doesn't know what they are. They just sit a little until they're found. I'd grab this myself, but I already have one. Seems like when you're looking they're never around, and then as soon as you have one, there they are. But yeah, this won't last long when someone searching sees it. It's the best priced one online currently.

narad

Reaction score
Very tempted ngl

I'm all ears :D FYI I did take the handle and feet and swapped the corners with my sig-x that arrived in less than mint condition. I knocked $100 off the price to compensate for it and then some -- easier to get those replacements in the US than it is in Japan.

MrWulf

Reaction score
The only issue is of course, you are in Japan, i'm in WA. Shipping probably would be very silly i imagine

narad

Reaction score
The only issue is of course, you are in Japan, i'm in WA. Shipping probably would be very silly i imagine

Yea, but the yen is quite low at the moment, which affects the shipping rates I pay. $375 should cover it. I'm also flying into NY at the end of June, I could possibly check it, but a fair bit of hassle and I'm not sure how much money that actually saves (and means that it does one leg uninsured for damage).

jskarulis

Reaction score
An idea why not simply ship the tubes separately in a more cushioned box surrounded by styrofoam peanuts or air bubble wrap. Should be fine companies sell tubes and ship them without issue. Just an Idea , ok bye now. lol