[VIDEO] Fluff’s new FREE Amp Sim

soundbase

Reaction score
Have you guys seen and tried out Fluff (from Riffs, Beards and Gear YT Channel) new FREE Amp Sim. It’s modeled after his EVH 5150 EL34 and it sounds pretty damn amazing. I’ve done a quick video review of it. I used my Squier Stagemaster with a custom Baritone 28-inch neck tuned to Drop F. And left everything at noon on the knobs and it sounds awesome. Definitely try it out. Check out my review here. This might be my go to Amp sim for awhile.

Can’t wait to try out the full version with the other 3 amps. It definitely sounds great with lower tunings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
nice demo dude ! I downloaded the plugin but there is no VST only a standalone , how the hell do I install this into my DAW ? thanks

soundbase

Reaction score
nice demo dude ! I downloaded the plugin but there is no VST only a standalone , how the hell do I install this into my DAW ? thanks

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the video

There is a VST and AU on the plugin. From what I remember you run the installer and it restarts and after that your DAW sees the plugin. What DAW you running? maybe try a restart and see if that works. Or try reinstall again and then another restart.

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the video

There is a VST and AU on the plugin. From what I remember you run the installer and it restarts and after that your DAW sees the plugin. What DAW you running? maybe try a restart and see if that works. Or try reinstall again and then another restart.
ohhh thanks man it is in my DAW ! I just didnt check , Im used to manually put my vst in my plugins folder lol

Lukhas

Reaction score
I tried it, and it sounded a bit soft to me. Tthere was something a bit muffled to it and not really bright, even with my "own" IRs, I don't know why. That said I haven't tried an actual 5150 w/ EL34 or 6534+, so I don't know how they actually sound.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Just played with it a little - I am not too impressed, I didn't get any sounds I like.
But idk, i'm in a shit mood and I don't like Fluff... maybe I should come here a different day and try again.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Cool and all but this is way the wrong subforum.

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
I tried it, and it sounded a bit soft to me. Tthere was something a bit muffled to it and not really bright, even with my "own" IRs, I don't know why. That said I haven't tried an actual 5150 w/ EL34 or 6534+, so I don't know how they actually sound.
my exact thoughts ! doesnt sounds bad but not great , I prefer the emissary

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
TBH I haven't been a fan of Fluff's tones so I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of a plugin he helped design.

Sdrizis89

Reaction score
I downloaded it and was not a fan of it. It seems very muddy and the noisegate and overdrive react weird to me. I'll try it again maybe with some more rock tones in mind but for a tighter metal sound I don't really enjoy it. I like Fluffs tone usually when I hear him play, surprised this wasn't a little better for me. I am sure some will love it and some won't as with any piece of gear or plugin. Really cool that there is a free amp included, that a nice move by Fluff.

Un1corn

Instant Djent Machine
Reaction score
that sounds not bad. Gonna try it and compare to my archetype nolly. I'm drop D# on 28