Vik Domineer 9 string multiscale build

Cremated

Reaction score
Possibly the sickest guitar I've ever seen. The contours on the top are absolutely amazing. The huge fan doesn't look awkward like it does on some guitars; it looks sleek and elegant. I will own a Vik within the next few years. Belie' dat.

Edit: Is there only one truss rod? I believe I've seen a Vik (can't remember) that had two truss rods, but one of them was accessible in the normal placement above the nut, and the other was accessible at the top of the headstock, I think. :/ God, my memory sucks these days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Looks like the second rods adjustment screw is on the opposite end of the neck? Right at the neck pickup if that is indeed what i'm seeing there.

Assuming the above is true do you need to take the neck off or the neck pickup out to get to it?

Such an awesome looking guitar, can't wait to hear what it sounds like!

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Cheers guys!
Yes it's a dual action from the headstock and a single action from the pickup. I'm not familiar with that kind of access but if you look in some closeups it looks like you can put an allen key into a hole on the side of the adjustment bolt and turn it like that.

Cremated

Reaction score
Okay, I see it now. I figured it had two, seeing the one past the nut justified to the right. That's a pretty cool touch also. His work is extremely detailed. Every nuance of the guitar is spectacular.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i'm intrigued by the talon on the ass-end of this, and i'd love to see some good closeups of it to see how it's shaped. It looks like the top part of the talon has the ridge angled inwards, meeting the ash bottom half at an angle, while the ash body part is straight upwards. Is this just an optical illusion?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I really can't grasp the visual of what you just said haha but it's pretty simple you can see it clearly here - it looks so cool!
478769_461694833870998_378143786_o.jpg
219441_461695737204241_440999423_o.jpg

HighPotency

Reaction score
Looks freaking nice...

Saw those first pictures and noticed the truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end of the neck, then didn't see a second one.

Almost had a stroke until I scrolled down and saw the other truss rod is accessed at the headstock. :lol:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Do you know what the extra was for the fan? I'm waiting (deposit paid) for a Duality 8, I'd love a subtle fan, Vik's busy now, don't wanna bother him with it if it's not something I'd even consider haha.

Just order of magnitude I mean, if it's a matter of hundreds of dollars it's on the cards, if it's a matter of thousands...

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I have no idea at all man. Of course it means you have to pay for the single saddles which are expensive, but I think you also save quite a lot on the vik pickups...I don't know what the upcharge for the fan itself is. I doubt it's very much. Just ask when your time for specs comes up I guess :)

Metaloaf

Reaction score
Oh now you've done it Ethereal and Vik... you just killed every other guitar in existence with this one... how could you.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I have no idea at all man. Of course it means you have to pay for the single saddles which are expensive, but I think you also save quite a lot on the vik pickups...I don't know what the upcharge for the fan itself is. I doubt it's very much. Just ask when your time for specs comes up I guess :)

It's up! Asking hahaha

Cheers though, and I think I'm going for Vikups anyway haha

IB-studjent-

Reaction score
When I got my vik on order, the fan upcharge was about $300(that was a year ago..) so I don't really know how much he's charging as of now