ViK Guitars - comeback thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
So I just saw a sponsored post on Facebook from ViK guitars. Now, I'm pretty new to the whole drama so I'll just leave the statement here as I didn't see any thread about this yet. Also, new website is coming up: http://www.vikguitars.com/

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
“For the last few years there have been a great amount of rumors and speculations after I made some comments on my personal Facebook page about headless guitars and LGBTQ community.
A joke turned into a whole lot of drama fueled by my ignorant replies to some provocative questions and insinuations. It would probably take a whole book to explain all that happened in details but this is not the time or the place for it.
We all make mistakes and then pay the price for them. I made a mistake of posting something without knowing the state of things on the subject in the world and paid a big price for that. However, in the end of the day it’s not about the price but about what you’ve learnt from it. And what I’ve learned is that the world is bigger than one man’s thoughts or beliefs, especially when those beliefs come from the fact of being born and raised in a fairly conservative “outdated” country and, naturally, being a product of that system of values. Even though I’ve never had hard feelings based on race, religion or sexual orientation I know I’ve made some insensitive comments that upset many people and for that I’m sorry. Truly. It took me a while to realize that the world has become very sensitive now and even couple of fairly harmless on first sight words can make someone’s life harder than it has to be. But truly it’s not so difficult to accept that everyone has the right to live their lives in the way they choose, in dignity and happiness.”

Vik Kuletski

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Personally, it is the right way to go regarding this situation. I've seen a fair bit of rather absurd "this is what you should REALLY do" and "you're pussying out" remarks, yet acknowledging you fucked up and apologizing is really what it's all about.

It's down to people to believe his intentions are genuine or not, of course, but from my talks with him over time I do feel he's being genuine and that being the case, it's commendable nonetheless.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Personally, it is the right way to go regarding this situation. I've seen a fair bit of rather absurd "this is what you should REALLY do" and "you're pussying out" remarks, yet acknowledging you fucked up and apologizing is really what it's all about.

It's down to people to believe his intentions are genuine or not, of course, but from my talks with him over time I do feel he's being genuine and that being the case, it's commendable nonetheless.

Time to start persuading him to refund all the SSO FF8 group-run guys then!

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like he's had some good insights, good for him. But saying: "It took me a while to realize that the world has become very sensitive now" kinda tanks his whole statement... english isn't his first language so he might have meant something else by that, judging by the context. I'm swedish so I sure know how easy that is. But if he seriously believes the problem is that people have become too sensitive (which a lot of people actually say, when apologizing after they get called out on shit) then he hasn't learned anything though :lol:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Time to start persuading him to refund all the SSO FF8 group-run guys then!

On the same boat in the "no FF8 yet" as everyone else, really - with Vik in the US and my guitar in Bielorus, this is quite the bloody mess for me. No idea as to how the others are in terms of progress and whatnot!

Status
Not open for further replies.