Vildhjarta thread!!

• Thread starter ZeroCool
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coldbloodsupplicant

coldblood supplicant
Reaction score

New teaser, and Calle said new song soon. Idk what soon means on the Vildhjarta time scale but I suppose that means within the next few months.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
These are killer, as expected, but where are those riffs from the Kaos2 teasers we got in the past? Krisse did such an awesome cover of it and none of that was in this official release. Hopefully it's still on the album somewhere on a different track/title.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
This feels like it did when Tool finally announced they were releasing new music.
I hope this album is better :lol:

Vildhjarta just has that special sauce, man; I dunno what it is. Stoked to finally see a release.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Preordered the vinyl edition! I'm super pumped for this. The released tracks so far have been killer! :D
I think the addition of Buster have brought some of that HLB madness/heaviness into their sound, and I LOVE IT! :D

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
This feels like it did when Tool finally announced they were releasing new music.
I hope this album is better :lol:

Vildhjarta just has that special sauce, man; I dunno what it is. Stoked to finally see a release.

To me the special sauce is that they find a way to break out of western tonality by using microtonality with their bends while still structured in 12 EDO. To me, that's what gives thall that... eh... thall sound. Like in nar de du at 1:00, or in that amazing section in sunset sunrise, or in kaos2 at 1:50 on where it goes in and out of tune during those riffs. So damn good and refreshing. My ears are just so burnt out on 12 EDO it's amazing to hear a band break away from it in this way, even if it's only slightly.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Did they ever address the fact that they are down to one vocalist? I don't remember reading anything about that.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
To me the special sauce is that they find a way to break out of western tonality by using microtonality with their bends while still structured in 12 EDO. To me, that's what gives thall that... eh... thall sound. Like in nar de du at 1:00, or in that amazing section in sunset sunrise, or in kaos2 at 1:50 on where it goes in and out of tune during those riffs. So damn good and refreshing. My ears are just so burnt out on 12 EDO it's amazing to hear a band break away from it in this way, even if it's only slightly.
I think the constant clean parts/ambience and use of silence in their riffs is another part of it.

Latest posts