Want nasty? Have some nasty. Catharsis,Teaser track/WIP

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Here's another little tease for my upcoming nu metal thing, "Roots". It serves as some sort of mix-test as well, since I'm trying out new tones now that I have a Pod HD.

I tried to make things as beefy as I could, and I think I did manage to do so. It's also a work in progress, which means that there's plenty of depth, synths and details to add. The song is in a rather raw state, but I just felt like releasing some of it. I have a pretty strong emotional connection to this song, so I'll work rather hard on it in the future. Tell me what you think, or if you have questions, drop 'em right here as well.

Hope you enjoy!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/chiatphil/catharsis-chi-wip-teaser[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

faloppa

Reaction score
Man sounds great! The only thing I don't like very much are the cymbals, but that's a personal thing because in general the sound is quite huge,hehe.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Thanks dude! Glad you like it. I've tried a few new cymbals in this, but I actually quite liked them balance wise. It's a preference thing though, you're right.

Unless you feel they're like ear-piercingly off balance, then I have to address that! :D

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Awsum mix, lovin this shit. Gimme that album already, ronky meaty asshole tones.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
What a tone! Seriously, good job, it's like I can hear every vibration of a string.... sick.

Out of curiosity, what are you tuning to?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
maaaaaaan, this is nasty indeed!, can't wait to hear it on full detail with all the other production elements you named.

Gotta agree with the cymbals though, they are a bit piercy, and the snare sounds a bit weak at certain moments

the guitar tone on the other hand, sounds chuncky as fvck

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
What a tone! Seriously, good job, it's like I can hear every vibration of a string.... sick.

Out of curiosity, what are you tuning to?

Hah! Thanks man, you're not that far off there by the way, ever since I use a lighter gauge, the tone gets nastier. I think it does pick up a bit of buzz, but in a good way.

I'm in drop G for this.

maaaaaaan, this is nasty indeed!, can't wait to hear it on full detail with all the other production elements you named.

Gotta agree with the cymbals though, they are a bit piercy, and the snare sounds a bit weak at certain moments

the guitar tone on the other hand, sounds chuncky as fvck

Dude thanks! I'll make sure to let you know when it's done. And I'll definitely turn down these cymbals a little, as well as looking into the snare at the second verse because I feel it's getting a little buried there.

Much appreciated!

I'd go to see this live. sick mix mate :metal:

:bowdown: Thanks man, I'd love to play live with this tone, but I feel that the sound guys backstage will want my head on a plate if I do. :lol:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Sounds huge (guitar wise), I'm digging it!

The drums sounds weak and thin to me and dont really match the mix. But thats just my :2c:

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
The only thing I might do is bring the guitars up like half a db, but that could even just the way my monitors are colored.

This is jammy as hell, in other news :D