Wearing face masks in the hot/humid/muggy weather?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
1st - this question is only directed to people who are still wearing face masks
2nd- Apologies in advance for posting this.

My family and I have been wearing face masks since 2020 - lately it's getting hot/humid/muggy and so unbearable when i am in the train or street .
For those people who are doing the same, is there any tips/advice or types of masks that would things easier. Right now wearing masks to me and my family has become a daily routine.
Prior to the pandemic, I would get the common cold or flu every 2 months. I probably only got sick and called out once last year.

Again i must stress this question is only directed to people still wearing face masks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm undergoing a couple of treatments that compromise my immune system, where a cold could cause severe issues, so I have to N95 mask-up everywhere.

The only thing I've found that helps even a little is using the kind of masks that have an exhale valve. It gives the humid exhaled air a path to escape, rather than the only way out being forced through the mask filter material tself.

1428511-2.jpg

There are some places that still require masks here and this sort of mask may not "pass", though, so for those cases I have a lightweight fabric face cover I throw on top, but it does block that "easy" way out, so the swamp-mouth effect returns.