Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Fretboard has a case of Maureen Ponderosa:

dead-tooth.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
My Charvel Pro Mod HSS in Pharoh's Gold.
I call her Cleopatra.
Super awesome guitar but it needs some work here and there. Mostly issues with the Floyd.
Will see if a setup from my tech will help or if not, I'll just go with a Schaller Lockmeister.
Might also replace the pickguard with a HH one. Middle pickup gets in the way of my picking.

20230709_125308.jpg

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just semi-impulse bought one of those silver sparkle DK Moderns with an Evertune. I wanted an inexpensive guitar to try out an Evertune bridge and the price I got on it was pretty decent so I could not say no. Anybody else have one of these?

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Put some new strings on my B7... And realised that is became my favourite 7 string in the last years....

The strange thing is when I bought it I did not liked it that much, but I wanted a 27" 7 string and I bought it really cheap (860 euro) and that is really cheap in Europe for a made in USA Jackson.

But after I bought I did not like the EMGs, some features of a high end where missing (no locking tuners, no ss frets) so it king of ended up in my rack and I did not play it a lot. Until I tried to learn some obscura songs, they are in D so I needed a 7 string in D, so I took the Jackson. And I slowly started to love it! The neck shape is sort of perfect in my opinion, I start liking the EMG's actually a lot, and I realise that a guitar without locking tuners, SS frets, hipshot bridge etc. are perfectly fine!

Love to have the 8 version as well one day!

B72.jpeg

B73.jpeg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Put some new strings on my B7... And realised that is became my favourite 7 string in the last years....

The strange thing is when I bought it I did not liked it that much, but I wanted a 27" 7 string and I bought it really cheap (860 euro) and that is really cheap in Europe for a made in USA Jackson.

But after I bought I did not like the EMGs, some features of a high end where missing (no locking tuners, no ss frets) so it king of ended up in my rack and I did not play it a lot. Until I tried to learn some obscura songs, they are in D so I needed a 7 string in D, so I took the Jackson. And I slowly started to love it! The neck shape is sort of perfect in my opinion, I start liking the EMG's actually a lot, and I realise that a guitar without locking tuners, SS frets, hipshot bridge etc. are perfectly fine!

Love to have the 8 version as well one day!

View attachment 142856

View attachment 142857
That's hot!!!

I almost pulled the trigger on a Jackson USA B8 in satin black (neck thru version) as it was up for a great price in Canada but I couldn't justify another 8 string when I already have an 8-string that I really like and I'm not the biggest 8 string player. If it were a B7 though I would have snagged it in the blink of an eye.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
We've all heard about the 23 fret kelly(?)now there's a 25 fret Usa B7 for sale here in finland.

Did not link it though since don't know the seller and it wouldn't kinda feel right to me...

Funny also that the previous messages were about the B shape...

Leuka

Reaction score
We've all heard about the 23 fret kelly(?)now there's a 25 fret Usa B7 for sale here in finland.

Did not link it though since don't know the seller and it wouldn't kinda feel right to me...

Not sure if the seller is the original owner, but the original owner did make a NGD topic here about it back in the day. Don't remember if the 23 fret Kelly came before or after, but a lot of jokes about finding the missing fret were thrown around.

mungiisi

Reaction score

Not sure if the seller is the original owner, but the original owner did make a NGD topic here about it back in the day. Don't remember if the 23 fret Kelly came before or after, but a lot of jokes about finding the missing fret were thrown around.

Yup, it's me - the guitar is for sale currently. It's a great guitar, but unfortunately doesn't get the playtime it would deserve. The neck is actually so good that I already regret selling it...

I'm not the original owner, but I bought it from the original owner. He bought it from Thomann, and back in the days had a warranty-related conversation with them of the 25 fret neck. In the end Jackson offered a replacement neck, but he didn't want to do it as the original neck is so good. I don't know how it's been possible to make the 25 fret neck and how it got through all the quality inspections but here it is anyways. Great guitar.

Attachments

• _DSC3096.jpg
    _DSC3096.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • _DSC3095.jpg
    _DSC3095.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 42

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Yup, it's me - the guitar is for sale currently. It's a great guitar, but unfortunately doesn't get the playtime it would deserve. The neck is actually so good that I already regret selling it...

I'm not the original owner, but I bought it from the original owner. He bought it from Thomann, and back in the days had a warranty-related conversation with them of the 25 fret neck. In the end Jackson offered a replacement neck, but he didn't want to do it as the original neck is so good. I don't know how it's been possible to make the 25 fret neck and how it got through all the quality inspections but here it is anyways. Great guitar.
I mean hell, this is a bonus to me! Losing a fret with the 23 fret Kelly was a major a issue, but gaining a fret feels like winning the lottery to me. :lol:

Yet, I still cannot fathom how something like this happens.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score

That 25th fret is what makes Omnivortex so good! ;)

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score

Nice to hear the backstory. Good luck with the sale!

It's indeed insane how does this and the 23 fret thing happen... how can they even intonate properly. Is the fretboard (25th fret) on yours just extended furher towards the bridge and the scale lenght still the same between the nut / bridge and the 12th fret?

Would be cool if they made also a B6 version... It is a cool shape and kind of not jacksony tbh.

Edit. is the shape same as the broderick model? 😃
Second edit. Yeah it is not...

mungiisi

Reaction score
That 25th fret is what makes Omnivortex so good! ;)

Haha, you said it!

Nice to hear the backstory. Good luck with the sale!

It's indeed insane how does this and the 23 fret thing happen... how can they even intonate properly. Is the fretboard (25th fret) on yours just extended furher towards the bridge and the scale lenght still the same between the nut / bridge and the 12th fret?

Would be cool if they made also a B6 version... It is a cool shape and kind of not jacksony tbh.

Edit. is the shape same as the broderick model? 😃
Second edit. Yeah it is not...

The fretboard is just extended. Otherwise it wouldn't play in tune which it does. It's funny because the serial number is after 24th fret as usual, but then there's the 25th fret after the serial number. Really weird.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
Haha, you said it!

The fretboard is just extended. Otherwise it wouldn't play in tune which it does. It's funny because the serial number is after 24th fret as usual, but then there's the 25th fret after the serial number. Really weird.
Yeah I actually noticed that afterwards about the serial... Funny they didn't address the situation even after the serial was stamped, because that's when the seriously should have noticed something wasn't right :D

Looks like it already sold!

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have two Charvels but no Jackson. Not that I dislike Jackson, but it's just that every time I come across a Jackson model that appeals to me, I either already have other guitars that overlap with its features and design, or the Jackson is significantly more expensive than other brands' models with similar features, or it's a model with that hockey stick headstock, which I'm just not a fan of visually--it always looks off-balance to me.

What I love the most about Charvels is the rolled edges of the fretboard. It's a subtle thing but it just feels more comfortable to play on. The abundance of features vs price is another one (especially the split/tapped-coil feature) although I wish their mid-tier and up models all had stainless steel frets instead of only their top-tier models).

Here are mine:

MIJ Guthrie Govan Signature
_DSC1231.jpg
_DSC1227.jpg
_DSC1233.jpg
What I like about the Guthrie Govan is the consistency in pickup volume in different positions, and the single-coil tone is simulated with capacitors so there's no noise or volume drop. The angled output jack is nice too.

PRO-MOD SO-CAL STYLE 2 24 HH HT CM (with Evertune mod)
_DSC3343.jpg
_DSC3349.jpg
_DSC3351.jpg
I'm so glad there are companies out there making Tele-styled guitars with modern ergonomic modifications like forearm contour, neck-heel contour, and belly cut (if only they would do the same for Les Pauls). The three sets of voicings are all very good in all positions on this guitar, representing modern, vintage, and single-coil tones and covering a lot of ground, Yes, it's active, and I can feel the difference compared to my passive pickups, but I think in vast majority of situations you won't notice it, unless you're always playing extremely dynamic stuff like SRV or other very soulful bluesy stuff. I bought it used already with the Evertune mod, so it wasn't my idea, but I appreciate having it and use a Viirtual Jeff in conjunction so get stable tuning no matter how much I abuse the whammy bar.

Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT (Satin Burgundy Mist)
_DSC3355.jpg
_DSC3358.jpg
_DSC3366.jpg
_DSC3362.jpg
I no longer have this one because it didn't stay in tune even after extensive troubleshooting and setup, and the pickups were too bright for my taste. I did love the finish and how it played though.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My new project. I got a good deal and couldn’t pass it up. I ripped out the tone knob and the neck pickup (won’t be needing those) I am going to put a Killswitch in the pickup selectors spot and replacing the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Black Winter in neon yellow. Eventually I’ll get a better Floyd as well. Frets are great. I definitely got a good one!

Latest posts