What are you cooking right now?

• Thread starter LiveOVErdrive
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
That looks delicious. My buddy grows all the exotic insane peppers (reapers, ghost, scotch bonnet etc) and makes his own hot sauces. I can’t go back to regular hot sauce anymore. The fresh stuff is just so much better. Once you get used to the ridiculous heat index; all the natural sweetness from the peppers really start to come out.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
That looks delicious. My buddy grows all the exotic insane peppers (reapers, ghost, scotch bonnet etc) and makes his own hot sauces. I can’t go back to regular hot sauce anymore. The fresh stuff is just so much better. Once you get used to the ridiculous heat index; all the natural sweetness from the peppers really start to come out.
I haven't tried any of those really hot ones, reapers or ghosts or similar. To be honest my tolerance for heat isn't real high. The habaneros I used in this sauce or scotch bonnets in bajan Sauces are about as hot as I can go. But maybe I should try something hotter. I have had a couple Sauces that actually hurt to eat but had SUCH good flavor.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not much of a cook, but I have done some bbq'd veg, burgers and sausages this summer. This is the most I've ever grilled in my life, and I'm ok with it. Still gotta get better at grilling the veg though.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I was feeling lazy so I made a grown up grilled cheese. Mix of cheddar, gouda and asiago cheeses, bread I baked, and some bacon jam( basically just onion jam with bacon in it) slathered inside.
I like to take foods I loved as a kid and try to bump them up.

20200719-181949.jpg

Also made some chicken wings a while back following Kenji Lopez's prep (basically baking powder and salt to dry out and help crisp up the skin), then I smoked em with mesquite/ did a fun take on Nashville hot chicken using them (maple syrup and chipotle/cayenne versus just cayenne and brown sugar).
Didn't take any pics of the wings before I devoured them though :lol:

Going to make a smoked salsa tomorrow .

jaxadam

Reaction score
We do a lot of grilling around here because you can 9 months out of the year.

I think this was mahi and diver scallops with a pan sauce.

IMG-7711.jpg

IMG-7713.jpg

I believe these were a dry aged prime filet and ribeye. The one side of the grill is an infrared burner and gets hot as shit and is great for searing.

IMG-7891.jpg

IMG-7896.jpg

IMG-7898.jpg

IMG-7915.jpg

A little finishing salt.

IMG-7922.jpg

And tater tots because kids.

IMG-7921.jpg

Steaks again, lobster tail, and I highly recommend a veggie grill basket.

IMG-8180.jpg

Apparently I didn't get a finished product shot on this one.

IMG-8183.jpg

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Smoked salsa is done. Mix of tomatoes from my garden, garlic, onions, bell peppers, serranos, chipotles and a few habaneros, all smoked with mesquite and charred.
Flavor is very mesquite heavy but the brightness/acid of the tomatoes and spice of the peppers balances it.
20200720-115204.jpg

20200720-121224.jpg

20200720-123117.jpg
Well that looks amazing. Surprised your tomatoes are ready to go. Mine are still green.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Smoked salsa is done. Mix of tomatoes from my garden, garlic, onions, bell peppers, serranos, chipotles and a few habaneros, all smoked with mesquite and charred.
Flavor is very mesquite heavy but the brightness/acid of the tomatoes and spice of the peppers balances it.
20200720-115204.jpg

20200720-121224.jpg

20200720-123117.jpg

I have a hard time getting a good consistency. Mine always turns out too watery.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I just ordered some parts to try and DIY a thermostat for my grill, to make smoking easier. Then I plan to try to finally smoke some beef that doesn't suck. Chuck roast, baby, yeah.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I have a hard time getting a good consistency. Mine always turns out too watery.
add the tomatoes in last, and do it a chunk at a time. Keeps the consistency from getting too watery. You can also throw the salsa over the stove and cook some of the water out.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Haven't made burgers in a while so grilled these tonight:

Ground sirloin patties ( with sea-salt, black pepper, onion powder, and roasted garlic seasoning)/ Bacon/ Sauteed mushrooms ( with onion, jalapeno, fresh tomato, dill, rosemary, savory, sage, thyme, basil, marjoram, butter, soy-sauce, Worcestershire, & garlic powder)/ Swiss & hickory smoked Gruyere cheese/ Toasted onion/ poppy seed buns ( with creamy Dijon & mayonnaise)

jaxadam

Reaction score
Apparently we cook a lot of steak and asparagus around here.

Ribeye and asparagus with a lump crab bearnaise and fries because kids.
IMG-0510.jpg

This was an interesting one... A grilled kale caesar salad. Not a great picture and it was much better than expected. I think this was snapper with scallops and sausage.

IMG-0627.jpg

IMG-0629.jpg

Latest posts