What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Kyoto is a beautiful city. Combine the rich history and grandeur with four insane local ladies with equal love of Minor Threat and Melt Banana (and a drummer with grindcore chops) and you have a winning combination.
Well if there was ever a description to sell me on it and to check them out, this is it

Moongrum

Reaction score
Kyoto is a beautiful city. Combine the rich history and grandeur with four insane local ladies with equal love of Minor Threat and Melt Banana (and a drummer with grindcore chops) and you have a winning combination.

Those cringe comments in that vid... they're real.

You like blues? I'll take you to a blues bar!
Weebs with an anime profile pic: Amazing!
idk what's really going on, but those two comments were hilarious to me 😂

plague doktor

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Analepsy
Ingested
Organectomy
Skeletal remains
The zenith passage
Sylosis

Also revisiting 2000's metalcore recently (as I lay dying, unearth, kse, abr)

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I haven't spent a lot of time with Bill Bruford's other solo albums, but this one is so fun and weird. Feels more like a Stevie Wonder or Tony Williams album than "UK prog" one, but there's some really cool and fun moments on it. Plus, Allan Holdsworth on guitar duties throughout, with some stellar playing by everyone on the record. And that classic, ringy Bruford snare tone. Gotta love it. Eat your heart out, Lars.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Inspired by the incredible new Julie Christmas album, I just made a list of my AOTYs because this year has been fucking ridiculously strong and we're only halfway through.