What are your current top 3 favorite amp sims/Cab IRs?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
I used to buy any new amp sim/cab ir but haven't purchase any in the past 2 years.
I basically have tried them all.. free/paid and narrow down to these 3

Here are my top 3 amp sims
- Line 6 Helix Native
- Mercuriall Ampbox
- Audio Assault Amp Locker

Here are my top 3 cab irs-- yea sadly i spent alot of time going down the rabbit hole of all these cab irs.. i found that i just like Mesa boogie recto 4x12 cabs with vintage 30's and just use these 3 cab ir all the time
- ML sound lab Mega Oversize pack - Almighty IR
- York Audio Mes 412 pack - Mix 02
- York Audio MRSH 412 MV30- MV30a Mix 02

it's simply just those 3 irs.. they just work for me.

What about for you?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Honestly, I still use the LePou Lecto while demoing, and mostly an Ownhammer, I think, IR of a Recto 4x12 with a SM57 at the cap edge, I think 0.5" back. I could probably find something better, but it gets me close ENOUGH to Mark/Recto amp tones that it works well for demos, and then I re-record everythhing with a real amp once I have everything written.

You can always chase the next best thing, but at the end of the day it matters far more what you DO with the tools you have, than what those tools are.

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
This one I made myself:

It was a while back, I couldn't find anything I immediately liked, so I shot my own IR and honestly, I've been using it since then.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
GGD Cali. I really like Nollys preset IRs but Mishas are OK. Works great with real amps through an active load box or amp modelers

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I almost exclusively use GGD Cali for heavy stuff and GGD Goldstack for cleans (either/or for different crunch tones).

Amp sims top 3 lately is Rabea, Plini, and Will Putney.

MDSKR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Amps
Peavey Invective 120
Omega Ampworks Granophyre
ENGL Fireball 100

IRs:
Catharsis 1onpres8/1onpreshigh for anything
Bogren Downtuned Coloscope for dark scooped amps
GGD goldstack Bark and mix this with either of the above two for full mids tones

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Which amps did you purchased for ampbox
Could you share your reaxis and u530 presets? i also use AMPBOX
cc7fb1dd25863285a3061c5f5c45dabd.png

Alex Mortar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Could you share your reaxis and u530 presets? i also use AMPBOX
There is only settings without cabs, dont know how be it useful because this settings was selected for certain IR and i cant share IR under license. I use G12 H75 421single mic from ownhammer marshall 1960, same for clean and higain. Any native cabinet combinations does not works as well. For bass it might be only lowpass on 4-5 khz

Attachments

• Ampbox set.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 1