What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Sitting on the bus home from the Bruce Dickinson show now. Awesome show, I'm super glad I went as I don't really think he'll play any more solo shows in Finland (last time was 2002), even though he kinda promised he'd be back with the same band, at a bigger venue. But given that Iron Maiden will probably start touring again soon (and that will take several years again), and he's already 65... He's in great shape though, I would probably guess he's coming up on 50 rather than 65.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting on the bus home from the Bruce Dickinson show now. Awesome show, I'm super glad I went as I don't really think he'll play any more solo shows in Finland (last time was 2002), even though he kinda promised he'd be back with the same band, at a bigger venue. But given that Iron Maiden will probably start touring again soon (and that will take several years again), and he's already 65... He's in great shape though, I would probably guess he's coming up on 50 rather than 65.
Has Bruce Dickinson ever played a show and not promised that he'd be back? :lol:

Badlander1994

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw Alluvial, Carcosa, Aborted, and Archspire last night. I mostly went for Alluvial since I’m a big fan of Wes and seeing him play live did not disappoint. Carcosa and Aborted were awesome too. Archspire is probably the most technically gifted band I’ve ever seen, but I don’t really connect with their music. It was still fun to watch them rip though! Great show overall.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Hell yeah, I just checked out what Dimmu Borgir have been playing recently and turns out they're only playing 1 track from Eonian, 1 track from Abrahadabra, 1 track from In Sorte Diaboli and the rest are older classics. Getting pretty damned stoked to see them in less than two weeks :hbang:

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Saw a 2 night show this weekend of Death to All with Cryptopsy supporting. Night 1 was Scream Bloody Gore + early Death material, night 2 was Sound of Perserverance + later era Death.

Cryptopsy played pretty well and played a lot of songs I never would have expected to hear live from them. I guess they got tired of being hounded about playing the old material other than the obvious songs and actually started including some other songs from Blasphemy Made Flesh for example. They overall played much better than the first time I saw them in 2016 but some of the songs still sound off without a 2nd guitar player. The singer, Matt has improved in leaps and bounds from then as well but he's super cheesy on stage and was non stop throwing poses for the camera man touring with them. It felt weird at first and I didn't understand why and then my wife pointed it out to me and I couldn't unsee it both nights. It almost felt like watching a pre-pubescent kid flexing in front of their mirror or something lol. Other than that, still was entertaining and I'm glad to have seen them.

I saw Death to All last year and admittedly wasn't as into it. This time though they absolutely blew me away. All of them played super clean, to the surprise of no one, but the most impressive thing to me was Bobby Koelble. The dude has been playing for so damned long and his lead playing would put dudes half of his age in their prime to absolute shame. It's actually mind boggling how immaculate and clear his playing all around is for a 55 year old. I was super happy with the sets for both nights and it felt good to go back and relive those old Death songs that I admittedly hadn't listened to in a bit. It brought back a lot of nostalgia for me of my early days playing guitar and learning a lot of those classic songs with some buddies. In my head I remember them being a lot more simple, but there were certainly some parts that had me pretty impressed. Hell, they even played the Painkiller cover from Sound of Perserverance and it was so damned awesome.

To anyone who's been debating on going to this, please, don't miss it. It was probably my favorite show this year so far.

BeyonThe7thSeal

Reaction score
Saw a 2 night show this weekend of Death to All with Cryptopsy supporting. Night 1 was Scream Bloody Gore + early Death material, night 2 was Sound of Perserverance + later era Death.

Cryptopsy played pretty well and played a lot of songs I never would have expected to hear live from them. I guess they got tired of being hounded about playing the old material other than the obvious songs and actually started including some other songs from Blasphemy Made Flesh for example. They overall played much better than the first time I saw them in 2016 but some of the songs still sound off without a 2nd guitar player. The singer, Matt has improved in leaps and bounds from then as well but he's super cheesy on stage and was non stop throwing poses for the camera man touring with them. It felt weird at first and I didn't understand why and then my wife pointed it out to me and I couldn't unsee it both nights. It almost felt like watching a pre-pubescent kid flexing in front of their mirror or something lol. Other than that, still was entertaining and I'm glad to have seen them.

I saw Death to All last year and admittedly wasn't as into it. This time though they absolutely blew me away. All of them played super clean, to the surprise of no one, but the most impressive thing to me was Bobby Koelble. The dude has been playing for so damned long and his lead playing would put dudes half of his age in their prime to absolute shame. It's actually mind boggling how immaculate and clear his playing all around is for a 55 year old. I was super happy with the sets for both nights and it felt good to go back and relive those old Death songs that I admittedly hadn't listened to in a bit. It brought back a lot of nostalgia for me of my early days playing guitar and learning a lot of those classic songs with some buddies. In my head I remember them being a lot more simple, but there were certainly some parts that had me pretty impressed. Hell, they even played the Painkiller cover from Sound of Perserverance and it was so damned awesome.

To anyone who's been debating on going to this, please, don't miss it. It was probably my favorite show this year so far.
I thought the same thing when I saw Cryptopsy on an off tour date for this run. A lot of odd faces and stuck his tongue out in different directions. Idk maybe it helps his vocal technique? But I found it a little odd but once realize they’re taking pics it makes some sense.

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Going to see Shadow of Intent and Bleed from Within next Monday at Matrix in Bochum, Germany.
I hope the sound will be good, since it will be in the basement of the location and the room is pretty narrow.

Gwdion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw Mr. Bungle last Sunday: Mike Patton, Trey Spruance, Trevor Dunn, Scott Ian, Dave Lombardo. They were awesome, although I'd hoped for more Songs from their more experimental records (Mr. Bungle, Disco Volante, California), with trumpets, saxophone etc. But even so, it was very entertaining, Patton's singing is still godlike, the band played very tight. They were supported by Spotlights, who have an incredible drummer, and Oxbow.

Also, I saw Beth Gibbons recently, presenting her beautiful new solo album - one of the most heartwarming concerts I've ever seen, and I think the sound engineer was a magician. Mixing so many instruments in ever changing complex arrangements so flawlessly, crisp and transparent over the course of the entire show is no easy work.

And Leprous were really astonishing.

I'm looking forward to Igorrr tonight, and later this year The Ocean, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Chelsea Wolfe, Sepultura, Jinjer, Orbituary, Sólstafir and Oranssi Pazuzu - what a great year for concerts! And hopefully Anna von Hausswolff will finally release her new album and go on tour as well.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Saw Haken a few weeks ago in Tokyo and they were excellent as usual.

Went to Black Dahlia Murder last night in Belfast having never listened to them before and they were so good I bought a shirt.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Just bought 2 tickets to see Pantera in 2025.

Considering it too. The tickets to the Helsinki show (which is the first show of the tour) go on sale on Friday. But then again I might be going to Wacken in 2025, so I'm kinda hoping they'll be there...

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Considering it too. The tickets to the Helsinki show (which is the first show of the tour) go on sale on Friday. But then again I might be going to Wacken in 2025, so I'm kinda hoping they'll be there...
What is the pricing like? For the Dublin gig, the presale standing was €80, but now the general standing onsale is €230!! It's still €89 but only for rows way way at back.

Latest posts