What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm just gonna wait a few patches before I really tuck into it because lord knows its probably got a bunch of other bugs that haven't been worked-out.

Another small but slightly irritating bug is when some of the map outlines start disappear on map mode. This is most evident late in the game when most of the map is filled.

Had a but if a struggle with the hyperspeed dude and then blood lady kicked my ass several times today, so game is definitely back on the tough side. :lol:

Ididn't bother using the Rhava Bhurial weapon at all since the weapons I had at the time had better stats. I'm curious what the weapons that you buy with the 8-bit coins are even for though. By the time I could afford to buy one of the coins all my gear was loads better than any of those weapons.

After the bloodless, I was wandering in the mines until I figured out how to progress. It's like how SOTN doesn't bother to tell you how to get to places. Then suddenly the difficulty got higher. I'm struggling at the point I'm in, thinking I can get through before realising I'm out of pizzas and heal potions and cowering back to the nearest warp.

The Rhava Bhurial has weak stats but the attack is so mash friendly fast and creates wide wave slashes in front of you. SOTN had the same weapon as well. At least here it gets obsolete later on. Then I found out you can craft a Rhava Velar, which I'm one rare ingredient away... bloody hell. :lol:

The 8-Bit coin weapons don't look like much, other than a unique trait. And looks like you can upgrade them with 16-bit and 32-bit coins making them stronger. I've got 2 8-Bit coins but haven't used them yet.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Kinda wish i never got Overwatch for the PC (used to be on ps4). It's a rarity when you have a game where there isn't someone being shitty in the text chat, but can't go back to controller and lower framerates now :(.
I pretty much quit OW cause' I was tired of putting up with it's chaotic nature. I've climbed from silver to masters over 6 loooooong ass seasons, and literally nothing has changed :lol:

MAYBE role que will fix the game since 99% of arguments start over team comps in solo que. I think Blizzard should have thought this element out more. You can't expect to do well when you've got Hog otp filling on fucking Ana. LFG sucks because it takes too long to organize, and you can't even use it anymore if you're GM+ now because Korean pro teams were abusing ladder and farming SR off average andy east coast players, so now it's limited to 2 people per group. I feel like they're gonna do away with it one day, it just seems like a misguided afterthought.

The best community solution for solo que atm would be to learn Ball/Mercy comp since it's so random and flexible, but then the reality hits that most elo's aren't skilled enough to pull it off, not to mention that Rein/Zarya have fallen out of the meta slightly, which is what Ball/Mercy was so good against in the first place. /rantover :lol:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Technically true, but that was the point of the other Mario-based RPG games wasn't it? Paper Mario and the Mario+Luigi games? I haven't played them, but from what I understand, they're supposed to be sort of spiritual successors.

Paper Mario’s were unique in their own right but they were not anything like Super Mario RPG.

And the Mario + Luigi games were amazing Mario rpg games, but not in the same universe (as stated above) or with any of the cool characters or unique “fat sprite” art style, etc etc.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Hastag Justice for Geno and Mallow!

Anyway, just wanted to say in Borderlands 2, the grind to level 80? The struggle is real. And now you can get to OP10? Shit. BL3 will be out by the time I get to that.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Had Celeste on my Switch for a long time and finally got to playing it. I'm dying so much and I love it!

I need to get back to this. Have it on PS4. Tight gameplay, amazing soundtrack, intriguing story.... Then I hit a wall and haven't been back.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I picked up few old games from Steam's summer sale, because I never played these; Borderlands 2, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Also first Borderlands from mmoga.com, because it was cheaper there than in Steam's sale. And I had to pick up The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game of the year edition for PC too, because it's that good. We have that one also for PS4 though. 40 euros well spent :D Bought DOOM too a while ago, haven't got time to touch any of these yet.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Decided to put Noctis and his paid friends on hold to lean right into Bloodstained for the week. Spent some time grinding for shards, items, weapons and food (namely for that gluttonous old wench), past a few major plot moments, 95% of the map filled and now in the endgame. And just when I discovered the joys of the Welcoming Party shard...

The Rhava Bhurial has weak stats but the attack is so mash friendly fast and creates wide wave slashes in front of you. SOTN had the same weapon as well. At least here it gets obsolete later on. Then I found out you can craft a Rhava Velar, which I'm one rare ingredient away... bloody hell. :lol:

...and now I have the Rhava Velar. It's the Crissaegrim all over again. Between this Welcoming Party, the enemies and boss fights just got trivial. Granted that at this point there's not much challenge left, but the satisfaction of going back to the enemies I had trouble with and proceed to multi slice them out of sheer pettiness is as fun as ever.

I do want to experiment on other weapons, even if it means taking the time to craft them. I spent one of my 8-Bit coins on what is essentially a light saber, and I noticed a shard that makes weapon speed faster so I want to try that out with the great swords and spears I've been avoiding due to how slow they are.

Reaction score
Picked up Burnout Paradise Remastered at the local walmart on my lunch break. Still has the same shitty soundtrack, and annoying game mechanics, but it's 19 year old me's favorite game all prettied up.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
As someone who never played the original Burnout Paradise, I love the hell out of the remaster.... Except it feels impossible to navigate the soundtrack, yeah.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Far Cry Instincts Predator is now backward conpatible for the Xbox One!

wankerness

Reaction score
I finally played Bloodstained somewhat seriously. I think I'm about 7 hours in and ~95% map coverage, level 40 or something. I've only done one of the "optional" bosses (the carpenter) and it sucked up all my healing items and was scary; I'm guessing I should be higher level! I haven't gone into the last zone (the ice cave or whatever) to try the last boss yet. It's overall fairly fun, like kind of a greatest hits combo of the two best Castlevania games (SOTN and the last GBA one) but a bit less polished. I've had the game crash out on me a couple times on PS4 and it has some trouble with loading rooms/pause screens sometimes. Plus, the map and skills just feel a little bit more janky and thrown together. And I am not a fan of the crafting system, especially the fuckin food, partly thanks to money being hard to come by, partly thanks to shards getting downgraded if you sell "spares" of them, cutting that possible source of revenue off!! Still, great fun if you're into this kind of thing, which I definitely am. I'd put it up there with the DS games for sure. I'm pleasantly surprised something this polished actually came of this. I remember funding the kickstarter and choosing an xbox 360 version years and years ago :p I'm glad they didn't lock you into that decision given all the years it took!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
^ I just finished it on the weekend and cleaned 100% on the map. I'm just gearing up because I think there's one more boss around...

Yeah it's a great "successor" to "Castlevania", and all the stuff incorporated from Aria Of Sorrow and Order Of Eclessia (namely the shards mechanic), is excellent. I'm sort of finding it difficult to get money to afford the expensive stuff like the discount cards and 16/32 bit coins, but with my current state, I probably don't need it. Maxing out the Luck stat helps a lot though, and I didn't realise maxing the stat buffing shards adds a permanent effect.

I'm not a fan of crafting in games even in the best of times, and having it here brings it down too. Food is definitely important thanks to permanent stat boosts and cheaper than the Hi/EX potions, but to craft it just to be available for purchase (and then at high prices) makes it a pain for tougher bosses. Me having the Crissaegrim equivalent not withstanding.

I've already said my biggest gripe is that Bloodstained lives and dies by nostalgia, and the fact that it actually succeeded is a double edged sword. On one hand, yeah, Igarashi and co finally made the game both they and the fans wanted, but on the other hand, it's going to be the main poster game that perpetuating nostalgia can be championed when the fans who want more of the same things they've already had throw fist fulls of cash at them. But even as I beat that around, I'm just happy we got a good Metroidvania out of it.

wankerness

Reaction score
^ I just finished it on the weekend and cleaned 100% on the map. I'm just gearing up because I think there's one more boss around...

Yeah it's a great "successor" to "Castlevania", and all the stuff incorporated from Aria Of Sorrow and Order Of Eclessia (namely the shards mechanic), is excellent. I'm sort of finding it difficult to get money to afford the expensive stuff like the discount cards and 16/32 bit coins, but with my current state, I probably don't need it. Maxing out the Luck stat helps a lot though, and I didn't realise maxing the stat buffing shards adds a permanent effect.

I'm not a fan of crafting in games even in the best of times, and having it here brings it down too. Food is definitely important thanks to permanent stat boosts and cheaper than the Hi/EX potions, but to craft it just to be available for purchase (and then at high prices) makes it a pain for tougher bosses. Me having the Crissaegrim equivalent not withstanding.

I've already said my biggest gripe is that Bloodstained lives and dies by nostalgia, and the fact that it actually succeeded is a double edged sword. On one hand, yeah, Igarashi and co finally made the game both they and the fans wanted, but on the other hand, it's going to be the main poster game that perpetuating nostalgia can be championed when the fans who want more of the same things they've already had throw fist fulls of cash at them. But even as I beat that around, I'm just happy we got a good Metroidvania out of it.

In this case I really couldn't care less that it's "more of the same" as most of those DS/GBA games were basically just more of the same done well from SOTN. Everything released since then has totally sucked and been something else so this really feels more like an official sequel than the likes of anything else with the Castlevania game since Order of Ecclesia, besides maybe that frustrating multiplayer rush SOTN looking thing. It didn't feel to me like a pure nostalgia thing as it used a modern engine and whatnot to just recreate the same kind of gameplay. If it had been done with the same graphical style or something maybe I'd think it was more of a nostalgia cashgrab. I disliked the 8-bit "prequel" thing for that reason.

Reaction score
Finished up the elite license and collectibles in BP: Remastered. I started a little bit of Big Surf Island and then I might work on some of those garbage online trophies.

Except it feels impossible to navigate the soundtrack, yeah.
While I can respect that they didn't THPS HD the soundtrack, much of the license soundtrack is late '00s trash. The last gen versions allowed you to use a custom soundtrack from the music on the game system, but the sound was so muted it's was pointless. Especially when a bunch of the cars don't have incar speakers and thus there's no soundtrack played when driving those cars.

Last edited:

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
I've just gotten into Bloodstained lately and I gotta say this is really scratching my Hollow Knight itch while we wait for silk song