What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The crows aren’t that bad in ds2. Unlike ds1, you can leave a pile of at least 10 items at once and they all convert instantly, unlike ds1 where you either had to save and exit and reload or kill yourself to actually get the converted item. I dunno the actual number you can do at once or if you can leave a whole stack at once, I’ve always kept it lower than 15 cause I don’t trust the game not to start despawning items If you get too many out at once, and I’ve always dropped them one at a time cause I don’t trust it to treat a stack as the number of items in the stack.

Oh? I tried dropping 10 and they just went "no no, not like that", so then I dropped one at a time. Well, at least you don't have to reload the area or anything.

Won't need it soon though, I'm reaaaally close on the darklurker and I think if I just got some of those lightning enchantment consumables, that would be it. It's just the split part really, at that point I just need to be really quick so it doesn't come down to one doing the laser and the other throwing the dark bomb or fire at the same time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Oh? I tried dropping 10 and they just went "no no, not like that", so then I dropped one at a time. Well, at least you don't have to reload the area or anything.

Won't need it soon though, I'm reaaaally close on the darklurker and I think if I just got some of those lightning enchantment consumables, that would be it. It's just the split part really, at that point I just need to be really quick so it doesn't come down to one doing the laser and the other throwing the dark bomb or fire at the same time.
I mean you can leave the inventory screen open and just repeatedly drop until you have 10+ on the ground. You don't need to close out of the menu and pick it up every single one.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's a pretty good comparison, IMO. I find that Starfield left me with a kind of hollow feeling. It's mechanically fine, but a bit soulless. It's like having a nice looking car, and lots of road to drive on, but none of those roads go anywhere interesting.
I'd agree with that, even as a Bethesda fanboy. I enjoy Starfield because it scratches the Fallout/ES itch but I'm hopeful they will develop it more like they've done with FO76.

I wouldn't be surprised if they back off SF and push all things FO given the popularity of the show. (I haven't watched any of that yet but I'm happy it sounds like it's actually good)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just cleaning up activities and shit in NFS Heat since I beat the main stories for driving/drift/off-road; so that means just getting collectibles like car decals, drift zones, etc. It's quite mindless which is what I like about it as the driving itself in game does feel good, although the AI can make it a bit insufferable at times, and it's just some easy trophies to get for the majority.

I'd like to get all the ones besides online events but some of them are quite tedious, like doing the Heat 5 race and making it back safely; I've done a couple level 5 chases and they're horrifying; you end up with like 7 cops on you, and they have heavy duty vans that randomly spawn from opposite directions to ram you, and you're limited on repairs at night (2 total). That many cops and all the other factors of avoiding NPC cars, drifting into guard rails/running thru some objects, it all adds up and you can use those two repairs QUICKLY if you're not careful.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Tried the darklurker once again now that I have a few places to farm effigies figured out... And goddamn it, he still just won't die :lol: I even had a gold pine resin and the dark protecting consumable last time, both of which I activated when the split happened, but still I died when one of them did the laser and the other threw fireballs.

I guess the positive thing is that now I'm not dying in the actual chasm half the time, since I'm just pushing Havel & co off the ledges with Force. I think they should be despawned pretty soon too. But goddamn it it's annoying to have to go around farming for stuff before you can reattempt the boss... If I designed such a dungeon, I'd at least make the enemies in there drop an effigy each or something like that. Thankfully there's at least the mansion in Majula where I can just use bonfire ascetics indefinitely to get effigies from the skeletons in the basement, since there's nothing else to fight there anyway...

wankerness

Reaction score
Tried the darklurker once again now that I have a few places to farm effigies figured out... And goddamn it, he still just won't die :lol: I even had a gold pine resin and the dark protecting consumable last time, both of which I activated when the split happened, but still I died when one of them did the laser and the other threw fireballs.

I guess the positive thing is that now I'm not dying in the actual chasm half the time, since I'm just pushing Havel & co off the ledges with Force. I think they should be despawned pretty soon too. But goddamn it it's annoying to have to go around farming for stuff before you can reattempt the boss... If I designed such a dungeon, I'd at least make the enemies in there drop an effigy each or something like that. Thankfully there's at least the mansion in Majula where I can just use bonfire ascetics indefinitely to get effigies from the skeletons in the basement, since there's nothing else to fight there anyway...
FYI after you use a few ascetics in majula the armor guy sells a weird set you can only get that way that like, poisons enemies you get close to (and looks really silly with butterfly wings).

I finally finished ground zero and then quake 2 64, so I’m done with that game. Definitely one of the best remasters of all time. Now I’m going to try and do the horizon forbidden west dlc.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
FYI after you use a few ascetics in majula the armor guy sells a weird set you can only get that way that like, poisons enemies you get close to (and looks really silly with butterfly wings).

lol, I guess I gotta check that one out :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Ok so now I'm officially at the phase where I start to get worse with every attempt :wallbash:

I've despawned every enemy in the chasm, so now I can just walk to the boss, but now I don't even consistently get to the part where he splits up :lol: And effigy supplies are running thin, I despawned all the dogs in belfry luna and soon the frog people in the shrine of amana will also be gone... Luckily there's a lot of them and I usually get 1-2 effigies per run with the gold serpent ring +1.

Guess I gotta distance myself from the game for a few days and then go in all guns blazing again!

wankerness

Reaction score
Ok so now I'm officially at the phase where I start to get worse with every attempt :wallbash:

I've despawned every enemy in the chasm, so now I can just walk to the boss, but now I don't even consistently get to the part where he splits up :lol: And effigy supplies are running thin, I despawned all the dogs in belfry luna and soon the frog people in the shrine of amana will also be gone... Luckily there's a lot of them and I usually get 1-2 effigies per run with the gold serpent ring +1.

Guess I gotta distance myself from the game for a few days and then go in all guns blazing again!
Or go do the other entire DLC you haven't touched and the remaining two bosses from the Iron King DLC and one remaining boss from the Sunken King DLC and get much higher level as a result!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
All this talk of Hades 2 (online in general, not here) made me pick up Hades 1 again. This game is fun as fuck, dunno why I put it down a couple years back but I still have plenty to do.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Or go do the other entire DLC you haven't touched and the remaining two bosses from the Iron King DLC and one remaining boss from the Sunken King DLC and get much higher level as a result!

Yeah, that's probably the way to go, might find a bunch of effigies too.

I also just generally haven't explored the city in the Sunken King much since I decided to run through it once I figured out where to go. So there's 3 bonfires I haven't even discovered.

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
So I went through the city properly and found the two bonfires I had skipped. The third one I guess wasn't even accessible before (I don't recall at what point I got the key to the door inside the sanctum that leads up to the bridge), but yeah. So then I got to the boss... Argh :lol: 2/3 of the enemies are really easy on their own, but then there's mr. Havel cosplayer Varg... I hate everything that has to do with Havel in any way, what a pain in the ass. It's just unfair that a heavy tank enemy like that is allowed to be that fast. And to make it even more unfair, the bastard has an estus flask with at least 2 charges.

Won't take many more attempt though as I've already killed 2/3 guys a few times with just Varg left, so I think I'll have it relatively soon. And the runback's not bad this time, I can easily dodge all the enemies on the way and just run to the fog gate...

wankerness

Reaction score
Playing the Horizon Forbidden West DLC. I HATE this. Like, I can only imagine either the first game was radically less annoying or I just had radically lower standards back in 2017. But wow, I just hate this game so much. The combat is this endless series of giant machines flailing around like crazy every two seconds, and any time you get hit you get knocked down or back and are stunned for a couple seconds, and in between this happening over and over and over you have to slow time and try to pick off one of their parts. If you're on normal difficulty, even with a legendary quality bow that's been upgraded a few times every single goddam fight takes like five minutes. It's unbearable. My memory of the first game, which I beat on the hardest difficulty, was that stuff died WAY faster cause I think the basic arrows were way more powerful. This game desperately wants you to switch between like 8 elemental types constantly, but then once you've shot off all the vulnerable parts of the machine you're left with what feels like a pea shooter since regular damage barely dents their health. And the new enemies in this DLC are unbelievably worse than the already awful baseline enemies! The worst being giant fucking frogs that can jump even farther than all the other enemies and inexplicably have as much health as the frickin spinosaurs. And they just fart acid in all directions all the time.

It's seriously the most infuriating combat system I can think of in a non-indie game. Like, it takes SO much control away from you the player cause you're constantly either stunlocked from endless bullshit or you are having to spam roll to get away from enemies, often lodging yourself in the dense foliage and being totally unable to tell what's going on. It's like the gank squad boss in Dark Souls 2!!!

The gameplay is also loaded with time-wasting bullshit. Like, it copies the thing from The Witcher 3 where you have to investigate crime scenes, and scan each piece of evidence, and listen to her slowly talk about it, and it's just like jesus christ just let me play the game!!! Or you have to scan like 10 objects and piece together clues from all the bland text/dialogue to make a passcode to open a door, which takes like five minutes.

And this isn't even getting into the plot, which I can't stand. Aloy is the most passive aggressive piece of garbage ever in this game, just constantly doing that "whoa, whoa, back off, i don't mean to cause a fight" pose while refusing to tell anyone anything when there's no reason to keep a secret and keeping the secret just enrages the other person. And she's paired up with a sour-faced asshole who i think you're supposed to root for her to get together with, but instead I couldn't stand either of them and just started skipping all the cutscenes halfway through cause I couldn't stand listening to their bullshit.

Ugh. I still have fond memories of the first game, but jesus is the sequel awful. It's too bad, too, cause it's probably the best game graphically on the system. Incredible detail, actual high res, and all at 60 FPS. I turned on FF7 Rebirth afterwards and it looked like the whole screen had been covered in vaseline.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just cleaning up activities and shit in NFS Heat since I beat the main stories for driving/drift/off-road; so that means just getting collectibles like car decals, drift zones, etc. It's quite mindless which is what I like about it as the driving itself in game does feel good, although the AI can make it a bit insufferable at times, and it's just some easy trophies to get for the majority.

I'd like to get all the ones besides online events but some of them are quite tedious, like doing the Heat 5 race and making it back safely; I've done a couple level 5 chases and they're horrifying; you end up with like 7 cops on you, and they have heavy duty vans that randomly spawn from opposite directions to ram you, and you're limited on repairs at night (2 total). That many cops and all the other factors of avoiding NPC cars, drifting into guard rails/running thru some objects, it all adds up and you can use those two repairs QUICKLY if you're not careful.

Managed to 3-star all the Drift zones, some of these were quite annoying, like, "here's four turns that you're supposed to somehow get 50K from, good luck!" I also 3-starred all the long jumps, and there's significantly less infuriating ones compared to drift zones, but one of them comes to mind as outright being able to fuck off. Now working my way thru the speed traps, and holy FUCK, these are by far some of the most obnoxious ones, like, dedicated threads of hate to them level of infuriation. I also looked up a video on one of them and found out there's a car that has better stats than my god damn Lambo Hurrican which is quite annoying since I could've been using that the whole time.

I've got 4 more speed traps to 3-star, and then I think I'll call it since i don't know if I have enough willpower to also try and finish smashing the billboards/collecting graffiti and flamingos for money to buy cars I really don't need anymore

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So. I briefly had a PS Portal. I found a used one at a good price, and figured maybe it'd be fun to have in bed before sleep,and/or maybe it would be where I played my PS4 games. The thing couldn't hold a connection for shit. It start great, then just get weak connection minute by minute until it just straight up loses connection, then regains connection, rinse and repeat. I even went and got a network extender that I put in my room and also had separate 2G and 5G bands. Did not help. Saw some fixes on Reddit. Either tried them or too complicated for me.

Suffice to say, I'm returning it this weekend. A really neat concept that has a hardware problem that I just didn't overcome. Thus, no need for it.

Also, shame, because it felt like a nice sturdy Dualsense controller that happens to have a big screen in the middle of it.

/rant

Anyway, still alternating between Stellar Blade and Like a Dragon...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
So. I briefly had a PS Portal. I found a used one at a good price, and figured maybe it'd be fun to have in bed before sleep,and/or maybe it would be where I played my PS4 games. The thing couldn't hold a connection for shit. It start great, then just get weak connection minute by minute until it just straight up loses connection, then regains connection, rinse and repeat. I even went and got a network extender that I put in my room and also had separate 2G and 5G bands. Did not help. Saw some fixes on Reddit. Either tried them or too complicated for me.

Suffice to say, I'm returning it this weekend. A really neat concept that has a hardware problem that I just didn't overcome. Thus, no need for it.

Also, shame, because it felt like a nice sturdy Dualsense controller that happens to have a big screen in the middle of it.

/rant

Anyway, still alternating between Stellar Blade and Like a Dragon...
Have you contacted Sony? I wonder if it's a hardware issue and if they'd honour the warranty and fix/replace it for you.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you contacted Sony? I wonder if it's a hardware issue and if they'd honour the warranty and fix/replace it for you.
I honestly think it's just an issue with the console in general. I've seen a ton of reddit posts with the same issue. I'd rather get the money back anyway.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
A Steam Deck, ROG Ally or similar device + Chiaki would probably be better than a PS Portal.

Also more expensive, but oh well.