What guitar do you wish existed, but currently does not?

• Thread starter landmvrks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
without getting too specific, I want a 7 string, multiscale, tremolo bridge "ergonomic" guitar that is basically like what if Strandberg had lived up to the hype of being the "future guitar" with excellent build quality, for either like $4k max production models or an Aristides/Anderson like semi-custom only production that would only go up to maybe like $6k max for the absolute fanciest finishes/woods (not counting true custom requests not available from drop downs), but a "normal" build would probably be $3-4k new.

let's all buy Aristides.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
let's all buy Aristides.

Well I know Aristides does hit those basic features with the headless models, I need to try one first though because after owning two other models the neck profile is too thin for me and it does suffer from that "too perfect/no soul" kinda thing

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
EBMM JP model but *with a fixed bridge*. Just looking for a non-Trem JP model.
To be fair, that's not a huge obstacle to either completely block or temporarily manipulate
the options are many, and your choice to explore. but if that's the only thing holding back a JP buy, i say get the JP, and you wont regret it (the JP XI-7 string)

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
An Aries 7 the entirety of whose building process I won't spend going "Oh geez...am I gonna get one of the bad ones? That would just be my luck. Why did I do this? I could've put that money toward a house... or a Warmoth..."

Strobe

Reaction score
To be fair, that's not a huge obstacle to either completely block or temporarily manipulate
the options are many, and your choice to explore. but if that's the only thing holding back a JP buy, i say get the JP, and you wont regret it (the JP XI-7 string)

Very true! I own two actually - a JP15 and a JP7. I do not have them blocked. I like trems, they are just only something I want sometimes. I would consider a 3rd if this was out there! Mostly I want a guitar that I can more quickly change tunings on while playing - and the other specs and features of the JP models I love.

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
Hardtail Prestige RGA 7. If I was dreaming it up for myself it'd have Fishmans and a roasted maple neck/board, but I'd be happy with whatever.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Strats with a Robbie Robertson type pickup configuration (middle pickup moved/slanted next to bridge pickup).

I love Strats, but it's the only guitar I have with a middle pickup and I feel it'll get in the way of my picking from time to time. However, I don't wanna have a Strat in the future without a middle pickup since I love combining the middle pickup with either the bridge or neck pickup.

So my solution which realistically is Robbie's, is to move the middle pickup out of the way. He has his middle pickup next to the bridge, but I wanna get creative and have it shifted over to the neck pickup.

exo

Reaction score
7 string headless 24.75-26.5” multiscale Warlock....at a “pre current round of guitar price inflation” price point.

I mean, this is TOTALLY the “SSO Pipe Dream” thread, right?

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I've got two

7 String Jackson SL2H in colors other than black or white:
EBMM JP control layout
Stainless steel frets (already a custom shop option)
5 piece roasted maple + walnut neck + graphite reinforcement (Overkill? Impossible? I hate neck movement)
Oil finished neck
Richlite fretboard with no inlays
Reverse pointy headstock
All titanium hardware, because... fuck it, why not?

Aristedes H/0 7:
EBMM JP control layout
25" - 26.5" scale
Tremolo

Now that I think of it, the latter might be a possibility aside from changing the scale length. The former would cost eleventy billion dollars and the custom shop would probably turn me down. Though, Joe Williams builds most of the wilder stuff there and perhaps he'd take an interest.

Justaguitarist

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably an HSH 7 string headless guitar with Fishman Fluence Tosin Abasi pickups and the Fishman fluence single coil in the middle. A roasted maple neck and fretboard, a flame maple top with a blue satin finish, stainless steel frets, an headless hipshot trem and the Balaguer anomaly body shape. That would be my dream guitar probably. Idk my taste might change over time but that´s pretty much it. The scale lenght would be 26.5´´
Also it would be preferably made in Japan but that´s not necessary.
So yeah, that´s my dream guitar.

Last edited:

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
699A0C67-8D91-4836-BE10-301861103995__85302.1610050820.500.750.jpg

24 fret semi-hollow PRS guitars are interesting, but it would be great if they were also made along with 7 and 8 string guitars variants.
Those have yet to be done in regards to their production models, certainly for the CE and core lines.

Doug Craft

The Squirminator
Reaction score
Ibanez S model 7 with neck through and a nice trem unit. And a 7 string Gretsch semi hollow and Gibson 7 string options with trems.

Where have all the whammies gone? Long time passing... (I know drop tuning has killed them off)

Justaguitarist

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would love if any brand did an hsh 7 string with a hardtail bridge. Preferably Ibanez and preferably from the Prestige Line. Also preferably a roasted maple neck and fretboard.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
10 string with an high A
Maple fretboard
Multiscale 30"-27" (I'm very happy with the upper side of the fretboard of my RG2228, very comfortable, and it compensates for loads of frets)
30 frets (violin range)
semi-scalloped (only on unwounded strings but all fretboard, it would help bends with high tension)
semi fretless (on the 3 bottom strings after 12th fret, you don't use that section for chords anyway)
Floating bridge with piezo saddles
3 output jacks (regular, piezo splitted circuit for piezo and midi)
semi-chambered body
big inlay made in multiple materials between fret 9 and 15, off centered dots in curving Z pattern
shape in the style of ESP FRX
7 piece neck through body
burl maple carved top
swamp ash body
mahogany bottom
reverse headstock 3 tuner top, 7 bottom
1 passive pick-up articulated but not very hot, 1 volume, 1 volume toggle button (like Buckethead)

Last edited:

Pat

Reaction score
Mahogany Star with natural flame maple top, reverse headstock, floyd rose, single coil in the neck humbucker in the bridge, roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, no fret markers, 22 frets