What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ReznoERG

Tickle my pickle PLZ
Reaction score
My first 7 string.

I used to own a RG7321 that I did a lot of mods on it for the first time as a learning experience. I traded it for my RG927QMZ that I own now. I may have gotten a good deal but that thing had a lot of sentimental value too me.. I really want to get it back some day..

It's not the one in the photo. I had one with a gibraltar bridge on it. I liked that bridge a lot more than the shitty bridge my current one has.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
A nothing special Kramer Striker 422. Traded it for a 200 watt solid state Carvin head that was made for no other purpose but to be a slave to drive more speakers. It was something i had no use for and why i traded such a comfortable playing, unique sounding guitar for it i don't know.

Djazzy

Mayones Fetishist
Reaction score
I had this Taylor T5... Selling it was the stupidest thing I ever did. Thankfully they're a bit cheaper now than they were when I got the one in question, so I'm considering getting a new one. It won't be the same, but... the chances of tracking down the current owner of the one in question are practically zero... :(

Mike

Reaction score
My first guitar. An off-white epiphone les paul special (mostly for the sentimental value)

My EC-500. First nice guitar I bought myself and it played like a dream.

feels :(

metalmonster

Reaction score
Well ...

Fernandes ravelle
Ibanez RG7620
Fender american standard strat
Seagull coastline cedar
80's "mint-condition" takamine folk guitar (that was all plywood, but sounded awesome)

And that's it. Guitars i do miss like hell especially the 7620 and the takamine. 7620 was traded for the fernandes then for the strat, and was just a plain great guitar, and the takamine was sold because of financial problems completely unrelated to my will ... this guitar was really a good piece of musical equipment.

I think i'll soon add my mexican deluxe player strat to the list since i'm trading it tomorrow for a '89 RG560.

Though the RG560, i just know it, will be awesome. Lots of people seem to like them a lot.

I also miss a lot my old JCM900 that i sold as well ... seeing that its used price is always getting higher and higher ... wish i still had it.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Vigier Shawn Lane Master

I'll probably never be able to afford another one again...

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
I also miss a lot my old JCM900 that i sold as well ... seeing that its used price is always getting higher and higher ... wish i still had it.

I had a 50 watt dual reverb half stack that bought brand new. I sold it for $800 and was in brand new, mint condition. I paid about $1100 for it out of a catalog. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
Got it as birthday gift in 1989. An Ibanez DG350. First guitar I owned. Never sold it but, due to unfortunate circumstances in 1994 lost the guitar. To where, I still don't know.

No pictures or nothing.

That is a sad, sad story my friend. :eek:

mbardu

Reaction score
carvinsummary7po.jpg

Carvin DC125 - early nineties...

At the time I got it (~2004 maybe?), I was playing mainly Jackson USA and ESP, had tried a couple of Ibanez J-Custom without being 100% convinced, and heard about this brand ...' Carvin?'...Neck Through USA Made...?
Let's give it a shot. At the time around 250/300$ on &Bay.

Well long story short, a few years later I don't have any Jackson, ESP (or certainly Ibanez :lol: ) left anymore, but I do have around 8 Carvins lying around so...

Why in this topic though?
Well I had to do a pretty drastic move overseas in 2006...and had to sell all my gear including that one... :cry:
I dearly regret it...

Darn, with that sweet pointy headstock, more pronounced DC body shape, big Logo, such a no restraint metal shredder...
Now I'm sad... :cry:

One day I'll have them rebuild it!

Bleach31

Reaction score
I miss my Epiphone LP Ultra I. It was a great guitar and super light with the chambered body, but a ground wire came loose and after the repair I didn't care for the tone of it too much so I let it go. :shrug:

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
My one of a kind lime green(not the metallic green offered normally) custom shop Washburn wm526. I got laid off from work... Sold it for 1000.. Serial number 0808469
If you have it and might sell... I want it back :/

monkeysuncle

Reaction score
Black Jackson RR3 I bought in high school
Gibson Gothic Explorer with Zakk Wylde EMGs
Schecter Omen 8

Not sold, but traded and I regret it every single day.
Traded a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Sunn Concert Bass head, and a Traynor 2x15 cab for a Egnator Tourmaster combo that smelled, looked, and sounded like total sheeit.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
Jackson Roswell Rhoads

I found one in a pawn shop for $500. It was in pristine condition and had the original case. The guy obviously didn't know what he had, because I talked him down to $400. It was, by far, the single worst playing guitar I have ever owned, but I had wanted one ever since I saw the Silverchair "Freak" video in middle school.

I have never had a guitar that had worse neck dive than that freaking thing. It was awkward to play, sounded terrible, and was a beast to restring (LSR tuners are NOT for me). That being said, it was just so cool to look at haha. I sold it for close to $2000 back in '07 and have regretted it every day since.

I saw the Music Zoo did a run of them awhile back and I nearly snagged the red one, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on such an awful playing guitar just so it could stay on my wall.

metalmonster

Reaction score
ESP Horizon II and Ibanez RG3120, two of the best players I've ever had but sold it due to being broke
Been there too. It sucks. You have all my friendship and compassion, sometimes it's all about chosing the less-sucking option ...

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
My EBMM Family Reserve Gold Roller...damn that thing played like a monster.