What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dooky

Reaction score
I have never sold a guitar. Once I buy a guitar, it's part of the family - just can't seem to let 'em go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
uv777bk....yeah, i know!

m3chk1lla-albums-m3chk1lla-geetars-i-used-have-picture3659-uv777-pic-wish-i-had-one-back-there-happy-ebayer-out-there-somewhere.jpg

and this rr1 & fretless bass...

m3chk1lla-albums-m3chk1lla-geetars-i-used-have-picture3549-1-jackson-rr1-i-miss-u-2-silver-star-fretless-bass-i-forgot-about-u-3-charvel-jackson-dinky-victim-ebay-too.jpg

Fluxx

Reaction score
I sold an Ibanez mutt I had put together. It had a USRG30 body in trans Amber, Wizard 2 neck with sharktooth inlays off of an RG270DX, DiMarzio Tone Zone/PAF Pro, Cosmo grey hardware. I'd love to find out where the hell it is and if I could buy it back. I sold it on ebay about 6 years ago.

100_0081.jpg

bloodlust

i endorse no one
Reaction score
I love that white charvel , I would love to find my old snakeskin vester that guitar had magic in it I would also love to have my old stone finish Jackson dinky with the maple fretboard I've seen others that have looked just like it but they did not sound or fill the same

the fuhrer

Reaction score
This Warmoth Strat. I loved this guitar so much for so long. One day I just lost interest in it and traded it for an LTD MH1000. Dumbest guitar deal I have ever made. I regretted it almost immediately. Luckily for me I just got it back after 8 months of sadness. The guy posted it on craigslist for really cheap and I lowballed him and snagged it back for $150 haha.

DSC07461.jpg

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
I had an Ibanez RG320QFM as my very first nice guitar. I played my high school talent show with that thing. :lol: I realize now that after a set of pickups that guitar would have kicked ass up and down the block. I want another one. They're discontinued but I've been ebaying them and they're not that expensive used. Basswood body, passable trem (which I'd just block), badass flame veneer/top whatever, and the neck was SO awesome.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Got it as birthday gift in 1989. An Ibanez DG350. First guitar I owned. Never sold it but, due to unfortunate circumstances in 1994 lost the guitar. To where, I still don't know.

No pictures or nothing.

cronux

Reaction score
watching all of these beautiful guitars one joke comes to mind:

How many guitars does a guitar player really need?

JUST ONE MORE :D

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
90s LTD M200
RG7620BK #1
RGT42 (original red flame dot model)
RG7620BK #2 (bought that one because I felt so stupid for selling the first one and then I sold it)
Custom Shop ESP KH4
RG2550ZGK
RGR1570SDB
RG2228GK
Fender EJ Rosewood
Fender 50s Roadworn Strat
Gretsch Duo Jet reissue
3 Intrepid 828s
ESP MIIUC
ESP Horizon NTIISTB
Edwards EAL128 Arrowhead
B.C. Rich ASM Pro (alder version with full binding)
BRJ Jekyll 627

SharkGun

Sir Billiardz II
Reaction score
AHHHHH I have two. My biggest regret was selling my ESP/LTD Alexi 600 a while ago for 250 bucks with a digiteck effects pedal. Such a stupid move.

Another one I had that was really neat in my opinion wasa an Ibanez AXE 7221 7 string. Hunky thing but I loved it. Just dont see them much.

JoeyW

Reaction score
My beat to shit RG1527 with Cl/Lfs, It was a lot of firsts for me (first 7 string, first album, first tours). Oh the nostalgia!

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
It wasnt anything amazing, but I had Jackson PS4 from the early 90's
It had an amazing neck...but, shes gone :(

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
Ibanez SZ320BK, this guitar is so damn underrated, it sounds like a Gibson LP on steroids, much better than any PRS SEs & Japanese lawsuit-Les Pauls i've ever played

P1010112.JPG