What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Omg congratulations! I am SO jealous. Like, burning with it. It is GORGEOUS, just like anything else they have ever made. Really the definition of functional art, and one of my endgame guitars to own, (some day) for sure. Please tell us absolutely everything about it. I assume they make the pedals separately and you just bought them together right? Unlike the strap, which I understand is part of what you get when you order a guitar from them.
The pedal and strap are part of the package. The pedal case matches the guitar body as does the strap. I'll post more later.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Here are more
Omg congratulations! I am SO jealous. Like, burning with it. It is GORGEOUS, just like anything else they have ever made. Really the definition of functional art, and one of my endgame guitars to own, (some day) for sure. Please tell us absolutely everything about it. I assume they make the pedals separately and you just bought them together right? Unlike the strap, which I understand is part of what you get when you order a guitar from them.
pics. I'll use the professional pics from JGH.

oeu5idhb9qohvvkvlzbj.jpgj1skvsukfxt9vx8myas1.jpg

zobjsiqw0funxrs4ffqp.jpgepqqktjqc0nxi66tazb8.jpge0r4dn9akjrzqsyzvijq.jpg
nhaspuuquckmuxn2mxpt.jpgjybsmuxjqfzhaft8svcj.jpg

Attachments

• zobjsiqw0funxrs4ffqp.jpg
    zobjsiqw0funxrs4ffqp.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 5

rokket2005

Reaction score
Here are more

pics. I'll use the professional pics from JGH.

View attachment 143252
This is super cool and I like out of the box stuff like this with cool switching options, but I can't help but feel like the P/widerange setup of the bridge pickups essentially mean you get a middle pickup on the low strings at best. That thing is 3 inches from the saddle and the midrange pedal might be a necessity for rhythm gain sounds.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
My postage from japan on a new TEJ Founder Tele is terrible so need to combine shipping.

My new band needs a bass so gonna buy a Billy Sheehan attitude. Now have to decide colour (light blue, metallic blue, pink, black, seafoam green) and whether I want the one with the woofer neck pickup vs the jazz/P set.

I like the attitude headstock (like the pacifica font) but also want humbuckery goodness a la Music Man. These also have D-tuna's as standard on some models.

I personally think my Eleven Rack with a Digitech Drop in the FX Loop sounds pretty good as a bass....

m21998977289_2.jpgm52746144883_1.jpg

m22675821228_19.jpg

AltecGreen

Reaction score
This is super cool and I like out of the box stuff like this with cool switching options, but I can't help but feel like the P/widerange setup of the bridge pickups essentially mean you get a middle pickup on the low strings at best. That thing is 3 inches from the saddle and the midrange pedal might be a necessity for rhythm gain sounds.
Notice that it comes with a pedal. It allows allows for more tuning of the sound.

The idea behind a guitar like this is not for it to sound like something else. One of the selling points is that the pickup arrangement makes it sound unique.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Okay, this is a god damn beast:

20240510_224019-EDIT.jpg

I've had rack stuff before, but this weighs a ton. Seemingly more than amp heads themselves.

Not sure exactly how to use it effectively though. I guess I need to load an amp, run the signal into a stereo delay or something, and then each output into the VHT. It's my first time hearing stereo amps though... very interesting. Not magical when it's just a clean signal, but still cool to fill the space with that much sound.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I take it day by day, Reverb scroll by Reverb scroll.
amp shopping is suspended for now because I'm going for responsible, however cab shopping continues - I have a friend with a good one available at what I want to spend. Just need to sell some stuff and make sure I can store it at our spot.

Tight.

Shask

Reaction score
Okay, this is a god damn beast:

View attachment 143285

I've had rack stuff before, but this weighs a ton. Seemingly more than amp heads themselves.

Not sure exactly how to use it effectively though. I guess I need to load an amp, run the signal into a stereo delay or something, and then each output into the VHT. It's my first time hearing stereo amps though... very interesting. Not magical when it's just a clean signal, but still cool to fill the space with that much sound.

I have definitely found that big ass amps sound and feel the best. There just seems to be no way to replicate that with smaller amps or modelers.

Yeah, you could either run an amp head through a reactive load into this, or just use a preamp. I go back and forth between heads and a Synergy preamp in my setup. Run it through a stereo effects unit, and then stereo out into the poweramp. Some stereo reverb, delay, or chorus, even in small amounts, can make a huge sound, even at low volumes.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I have definitely found that big ass amps sound and feel the best. There just seems to be no way to replicate that with smaller amps or modelers.

Yeah, you could either run an amp head through a reactive load into this, or just use a preamp. I go back and forth between heads and a Synergy preamp in my setup. Run it through a stereo effects unit, and then stereo out into the poweramp. Some stereo reverb, delay, or chorus, even in small amounts, can make a huge sound, even at low volumes.

Yea, big power sections is definitely the sort of charter for my amp collection, but I've never done this whole stereo thing before. I think tomorrow I can try the FM3 stereo outs to the VHT's stereo ins.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of cables for my pedalboard so I can make everything nice and tidy. I also ordered a Disaster Area Midi Box 4 so I can finally hook up my TRS MIDI pedals to everything else. I really wish manufacturers would just use regular MIDI jacks. This TRS stuff is some bullshit :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
Yea, big power sections is definitely the sort of charter for my amp collection, but I've never done this whole stereo thing before. I think tomorrow I can try the FM3 stereo outs to the VHT's stereo ins.

The FM3 will sound good into it with some tweaking. Definitely try stereo reverbs, ping pong delays, and the enhancer block.

I use a Seymour Duncan KTG 2100, which is sort of a copy of the VHT 2150 or 2/90/2. I have a rackmount mixer that plugs into it, then I can route various things into it. I have a TC Electronic G Major 2, Lexicon MPX-1, and Axe-FX II in parallel mixing loops for the effects. For the inputs, I use either an amp into a reactive load, the Synergy preamp, a preamp pedal, or the FM3. I have them on different mixer channels, so I just turn on whatever channel I am using at the moment.

Even if you are not a big effects user, once you play a system like this, it is hard to play anything else, lol. Everything else sounds and feels small and uninspiring.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So the Carvin DCM200L is *dead* dead. Not a burnt fuse like I thought lol.
Im hoping it's just a blown transistor. I ordered one and will see if that's the troublemaker

On topic: this thing really IS light.:lol:

Moongrum

Reaction score
My postage from japan on a new TEJ Founder Tele is terrible so need to combine shipping.

My new band needs a bass so gonna buy a Billy Sheehan attitude. Now have to decide colour (light blue, metallic blue, pink, black, seafoam green) and whether I want the one with the woofer neck pickup vs the jazz/P set.

I like the attitude headstock (like the pacifica font) but also want humbuckery goodness a la Music Man. These also have D-tuna's as standard on some models.

I personally think my Eleven Rack with a Digitech Drop in the FX Loop sounds pretty good as a bass....

View attachment 143260View attachment 143261

View attachment 143262

I've never seen a PJ attitude. Is it an import line of sorts?
Every attitude I see in the USA is like some kind of custom shop deal, in excess of $3k, though I admit I'm not at all very familiar with the line. When I was a kid, I quickly gave up on Yamaha when I saw how expensive and unavailable they are 😂 I've always been intrigued by Attitudes, though.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
My personal favorite is a stereo reverb with a subtle, slow chorus/modulation. The more space between the speakers, the fatter and more magical it gets. Gorgeous for cleans, but also very effective for slower rhythm playing and melody lines under lots of dirt.