What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Put a PedalPCB Tearjerker PCB in it. I did that to an old Crybaby. Makes it super tweakable.
I'm keeping it simple for now since I don't do pedal mods often, if ever lol. I'm just gonna try a true bypass mod and increase the sweep capacitor rating to get a deeper sound. Basically gonna turn it into a true bypass Hendrix Wah.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I liked the T75s I had in the past. Not sure how I would like them with my current rig with the Synergy setup.

Did you wire it parallel series or series parallel?
I am not sure because it has a mono/stereo jack, so the circuit board switches some stuff around. The top/bottom pairs are in parallel, and both sides go back to the switch panel.

I do like the low end of the T75s, but not sure if I love the presence. I like darker tones in general, so I am not a fan of anything with a lot of presence.

Pretty much all the tones I love were recorded with T75s or V30s, so it makes sense to have them both, lol.

Shask

Reaction score
I'm keeping it simple for now since I don't do pedal mods often, if ever lol. I'm just gonna try a true bypass mod and increase the sweep capacitor rating to get a deeper sound. Basically gonna turn it into a true bypass Hendrix Wah.
I say go all the way. Then you can have true bypass, and any version of a Crybaby you want.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Put a PedalPCB Tearjerker PCB in it. I did that to an old Crybaby. Makes it super tweakable.
Looks like an awesome wah. If I was someone who could solder/had the patience for it, I'd definitely build one and try out a red and yellow Fasel to see which I prefered.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I am not sure because it has a mono/stereo jack, so the circuit board switches some stuff around. The top/bottom pairs are in parallel, and both sides go back to the switch panel.

I do like the low end of the T75s, but not sure if I love the presence. I like darker tones in general, so I am not a fan of anything with a lot of presence.

Pretty much all the tones I love were recorded with T75s or V30s, so it makes sense to have them both, lol.
I have two wires on each side going from plus to plus and minus to minus (2 wires per side), then a 5th wire going from plus on one side to minus on the other. Then from the jack, it goes from minus to minus, and plus to plus. It doesn't have any stereo/mono board or anything like that. Just a simple input jack.

Shask

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome wah. If I was someone who could solder/had the patience for it, I'd definitely build one and try out a red and yellow Fasel to see which I prefered.
I used a red Fasel when I did this.

This is actually a very simple board to build, compared to a lot of things. You have to make sure you order the right parts though, like the jacks, power, and the DIP switch.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I used a red Fasel when I did this.

This is actually a very simple board to build, compared to a lot of things. You have to make sure you order the right parts though, like the jacks, power, and the DIP switch.
I'd rather just pay someone to build it for me if I was going that route. Lol

Shask

Reaction score
Soldering tries my patience even more than some of the troubles I had with installing my Gotoh GE1996T.
I actually got a PCB today to make a stereo FV-1 based programmable pedal. It is another SMT soldering board. It has been a year or so since I made my last SMT boards. You have to use a magnifying glass, and miniature soldering iron tips and solder. I am looking forward to programming some custom stereo chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb though. I have 3 or 4 of the mono versions.

I have made tons of stuff, so it doesn't bother me. I did a Boss DC-2 clone last year, that had stackable boards. I also did a EHX PolyChorus clone that took quite a while.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I see. The Asabi seems like abandonware to me (the Fuzz has quite a few modules to swap in, while the Asabi has just the Rat). For $100, it seems like a pretty decent deal.
Yeah, I'm guessing that's why it's $100, they're probably coming out with a V2 or discontinuing it. But, for $100, it's totally worth it.
Got some Celestions today and replaced the Eminence V12s I was using. MUCH better. I was getting some weird bottoming out bass and harsh highs.

I have also learned I dont love my Peavey XXX as a poweramp.
I have a real love/hate relationship with V12s. I usually really like them for a while and then eventually that love wears off and I can't get rid of them quick enough. Your assessment is exactly how I'd describe them. Too much lows and harsh high end. It's hard to find an amp that'll work well with it because if you go dark, the low-end is out of control and if you go bright, the high end will chop your face off.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I actually got a PCB today to make a stereo FV-1 based programmable pedal. It is another SMT soldering board. It has been a year or so since I made my last SMT boards. You have to use a magnifying glass, and miniature soldering iron tips and solder. I am looking forward to programming some custom stereo chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb though. I have 3 or 4 of the mono versions.
Yeah, no thanks.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing that's why it's $100, they're probably coming out with a V2 or discontinuing it. But, for $100, it's totally worth it.

I have a real love/hate relationship with V12s. I usually really like them for a while and then eventually that love wears off and I can't get rid of them quick enough. Your assessment is exactly how I'd describe them. Too much lows and harsh high end. It's hard to find an amp that'll work well with it because if you go dark, the low-end is out of control and if you go bright, the high end will chop your face off.
That would make sense. I think it's a decent pedal, but could be better.

The speakers are likely meant to be pushed really hard to break them in completely and balance them out, I'm guessing.

Shask

Reaction score

I have had these for probably 25 years. I generally dont use them anymore, but I throw them in cabs I dont use much, just so I dont have empty cabs sitting around. I never really noticed how annoying this was until today, it really didn't like my Synergy Uber module. Combined with the raspy XXX power amp, it was really not sounding great.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Mastery trem/bridge + string trees, parchment witch hat knobs, and Gotoh locking tuners are on their way.