What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Hmm alright Splawn Nitro might be the way to go. I’m going to spend a more time with my Stealth 5150 and try to coax out some more sounds from the blue channel before trying the spawn though.

Might also try a different cab/speakers. I tried a Celestion G12H-Redback thinking it would be less bright than my EVM 12L but, nope. That thing was fizzy in comparison. Keeping the EVM 12L for now. Going to try a WGS-12L next.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What do I buy if I want a high gain Modded/Jose style Marshall sound with an absolutely HUGE low end?
Something from Ceriatone?
I put a mesa 5 band eq in the loop of a modded marshall clone and the low end gets bigger. Any eq should work.

*I don't get recto low end, but it's bigger than the stock marshall sound. YMMV, IMHO.

Shask

Reaction score
I constantly have reverb open with no sense of credit debt. I got my eye on like 18 pedals and a new 8 string lol.

Close the page, lol. Don't be a debt slave, as the economy is getting worse.

Of course, I say that as I have a stand on the way that should hold 9 guitars, so I can get my guitar room more organized. 😀

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Close the page, lol. Don't be a debt slave, as the economy is getting worse.

Of course, I say that as I have a stand on the way that should hold 9 guitars, so I can get my guitar room more organized. 😀

My Hercules 5 came earlier in the month and I've bought two guitars since then. Wtf do I do? lol

Shask

Reaction score
My Hercules 5 came earlier in the month and I've bought two guitars since then. Wtf do I do? lol
That is what I ordered, with extra yokes.

I have a stand that will hold 6, a stand that will hold 3, and several singles, and some laying on the floor, so I hope to condense into a smaller space.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is what I ordered, with extra yokes.

I have a stand that will hold 6, a stand that will hold 3, and several singles, and some laying on the floor, so I hope to condense into a smaller space.

Nice. It came with two extra, but I'm not sure I want to stuff more than 6 in there. I have a big body Gretsch with a Bigsby that takes up a lot of space lol.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
What do I buy if I want a high gain Modded/Jose style Marshall sound with an absolutely HUGE low end?
Something from Ceriatone?
Modded Laney and 1960B cab.

Or the same, unmodded, with one of those witch doctor/top fuel/plasma pickle preamp things which I can't recall the name of now and it's bothering me.

EDIT: Mr. Scary

Last edited:

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably gonna buy the virtual jeff pro soon, just not sure if its worth it yet but really only one way to find out

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Idk why it makes more sense than the Strat/EVH style slant. Makes the bass strings more aggressive and rounds out the treble strings
I always found the strat bridge pup slant to be completely backwards to what you'd want. Did Leo have a reason behind the slant?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I always found the strat bridge pup slant to be completely backwards to what you'd want. Did Leo have a reason behind the slant?
Here's a theory I found on the innerwebs, sure why not?

When Leo Fender was designing the Strat in the early 50's, he was trying to get the sound of a pedal/console steel guitar in a conventional electric guitar. Keep in mind that Western Swing music was all the rage at the time, and especially so in California. This sound was bright and clear, so Leo angled the pickup to maximize the treble response.

This was also the reason for the Stratocaster's "tremolo" bridge (actually correctly termed a vibrato), to simulate the note-bending capabilities of a steel guitar.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Yeah I think Leo wanted maximum treble from the high strings and maximum bass from the low strings. Seems like he wanted to do the opposite of balance lol
Makes sense on paper if people were doing Travis picking/Scotty Moore thing where the lower strings do what the bass does, and the higher strings doing the guitar thing. Not sure if that's the reason, but I can rationalize it in my head lol.