What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
What are your all's thoughts on pricing used gear that is fairly scarce but also older?

I've got a few preamp pedals I'm thinking of selling and based a quick reverb search there aren't any used ones currently for sale.

If the new price is $300, is asking $250 unreasonable? What about when there aren't any new ones available? How do you set your price?

- There's no formula for it really. It all depends on what piece of gear it is and the market at time you want to sell. Asking $250 could be way to low or way to high. What is the piece of gear?
- Another option is to put it up for auction.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
- There's no formula for it really. It all depends on what piece of gear it is and the market at time you want to sell. Asking $250 could be way to low or way to high. What is the piece of gear?
- Another option is to put it up for auction.
One is the Empress Heavy in mint condition which I'm definitely going to sell to thin the herd. They're 300 new and I don't see any used on reverb at the moment.

The other which I'm torn on is the ISP Theta. I don't use it much, but it's such a unique pedal it'd be hard to let go. I also have an original Tight Metal Jr that has the depth finder mod. Right now it's just a backup collecting dust, but I'm loathe to let it go since Amptweaker changed hands.

I got them all for good prices and think I can break even at least, but it's hard to tell where the market is for them right now.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
One is the Empress Heavy in mint condition which I'm definitely going to sell to thin the herd. They're 300 new and I don't see any used on reverb at the moment.

The other which I'm torn on is the ISP Theta. I don't use it much, but it's such a unique pedal it'd be hard to let go. I also have an original Tight Metal Jr that has the depth finder mod. Right now it's just a backup collecting dust, but I'm loathe to let it go since Amptweaker changed hands.

I got them all for good prices and think I can break even at least, but it's hard to tell where the market is for them right now.
I PM'd you as to not take up more space here.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Both of those are still made and readily available. I think if you're asking $250 you'd end up with lots of offers for $200 shipped.

Reverb let's you see sold listing and what prices the last few used examples sold for. You can use that as a guide.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck man, Hilbish Beta's are on sale right now for $100 less than usual, which isn't crazy but it's still a great deal. I just have to remind myself I have no need for something like that when I've already got my Micro Dark and Marshall DSL1 that don't see as much use these days.

Shask

Reaction score
Only thing i bought recently is a lonely E83CC tube , don't really need anything honestly...except more time to play !

Mike
Yeah, I just keep pulling out random stuff I haven't used in a few years, and it is like new free gear again, lol.

I just keep hooking up things in crazy ways just to experiment. Right now I have an old Behringer desktop mixer in the loop of my 5153 with Lexicon, TC Electronics, Fractal, and Rocktron rack processors all running in parallel off the aux sends on the mixer. I am dialing in all kinds of 80s craziness, lol. Today I was messing around with using a Stereo Chorus in front of the amp, so I can run the second output to a different input on the Axe-FX to side-chain the gate in the loop to be triggered by the guitar input.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I would like Kiesel a lot more if I saw a higher amount of clean, subdued finishes. The unicorn vomit stuff they normally put out just makes me think they’re tacky as fuck, but this guitar actually looks pretty cool

So you don't approve of my plan to put purple / pink zebra pickups in it and do a rattle can flesh-tone burst to it? :rofl:

Matt08642

Reaction score
So you don't approve of my plan to put purple / pink zebra pickups in it and do a rattle can flesh-tone burst to it? :rofl:

Only if you add some tasteful abalone knobs, alternating black and chrome saddles, blue denim/orange burst fretboard, and a silverburst back obviously.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FM3-800.jpg

Reaction score
I'm gonna get this one tomorrow. Impulse buy since I'm not playing 6 stringers, but I just love Sabers (only have one) and the Double Edge Lo Pros and the price is just fantastic. it needs a bit of love, since it looks neglected and has a broken knob/pot, but for the price, it will be almost given... 550€ with some nicks in the back on the borders, but that's about all... and I'll go get it in person, so it's a safe buy. More pics next week. Obviously those stickers are comming out...

149726491_4988509954553815_770365271853389772_o.jpg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I just keep pulling out random stuff I haven't used in a few years, and it is like new free gear again, lol.

Same here.

I grabbed 6 guitars and a couple boxes full of pedals from my storage and it's like having new gear. I grabbed a couple fav guitars and some that I never got enough time with originally. Same with pedals. I prob have 75 pedals I never played more than once or twice lol.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My brother wants my strat, so im probably gonna sell that to him, sell my jazzmaster and order a Nash JM63.

Y'know, the route i hoped to skip when i got the 594 :lol:.

At some point i gotta go through my parts and see what i can sell.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I’m reeaaallly thinking about grabbing a Tele. Like an actual Tele, not an HH metal machine with a tele body shape.