What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on superior drummer 3. Didn't get any expansions yet though. Gonna wait and see if they go on sale at some point.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Tried this one briefly in the store today while buying another guitar. Kinda sucks it doesn't have the roasted neck like the other contemporary series models but it still felt pretty nice. Maybe next month. :lol:

0370350544_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
my next purchase is spending about a $1000.00 to have a guitar i bought on reverb for $2000.00 repaired. it was represented as "Excellent" condition. it was the worst purchase and biggest rip off i have experienced yet. The manufacturer of the guitar went through it ( added cost because i had to ship it to them) and confirmed everything i suspected and told the seller that was wrong with it. this is a rather long and not complex but involved story so i wont right an essay on it. just be VERY careful when buying used gear on reverb.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
my next purchase is spending about a $1000.00 to have a guitar i bought on reverb for $2000.00 repaired. it was represented as "Excellent" condition. it was the worst purchase and biggest rip off i have experienced yet. The manufacturer of the guitar went through it ( added cost because i had to ship it to them) and confirmed everything i suspected and told the seller that was wrong with it. this is a rather long and not complex but involved story so i wont right an essay on it. just be VERY careful when buying used gear on reverb.
Why not file for a refund via Reverb? Seems like the manufacturer's opinion would be pretty compelling evidence.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Why not file for a refund via Reverb? Seems like the manufacturer's opinion would be pretty compelling evidence.
so, when a i saw the state of the guitar upon opening the case when it was delivered, it had pitted hardware with some rust and was very, very dirty along with raised wood grain issues on the back of the neck. it looks like it was left in the rain or something. being skilled in guitar repair, i thought by replacing a few parts and sanding the neck ( its an erine ball music man, and sanding of the neck back is normal to clean it up and then re-wax it, i did speak to EBMM about this and they told me exactly the products to use) I thought I could work with it and write off the seller as a disingenuous seller and move on. but when doing a final set up it was revealed that the neck has a permanent twist in it. since i had already spent hours over a couple days cleaning it up and replaced hardware and addressing the back of the neck by re waxing it, the seller then owed me for my time and parts and says he had no idea the guitar was that bad, ( but why then would he rate it as "excellent" condition if he didn't know when it had rust and dirt and wood grain swelling? he knew, anyone selling their guitar knows their guitar) he wasn't willing to step up and compensate me but he wanted to work a deal so i would retract my negative feedback. because it was a blatant misrepresentation of the condition of this guitar that lead to me buying it in the first place, i would not retract my feedback. also, because i actually want the guitar, a neck replacement is being done at music man in california and will take about 6-8 weeks. Music Man said nothing could be done with the current neck, plaining it would not work. in the end, i am spending slightly more than a brand new unit would cost but it will have a new neck, so its almost like new. I can live with it , but never again will i do work on something that isn't as described when it arrives. lesson learned. i would love to use names here, but i wont for reasons legal. guess this is a short essay after all.

Last edited:

Goblincarcass

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Schecter KM7 FRS, vintage Marshall 74' 2204 and probably some assortment of pedals in the form of a Bootlegger Tube distortion and some type of volume boost and an 'Ibby tube screamer.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
I’m guessing strings. I good on guitars, amps, modelers, plugins, pedals, and picks. Oh wait, I have about 10 packs of strings too. Damn. I feel kinda lost all of a sudden. 😟