What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

sirbuh

Reaction score
I'm looking hard at an amp modeler. Right now, I'm on 4 sides of the fence between a Helix floor, a Kemper Stage, a FM3/FC-6 (since the FM9 is on backorder) and a Quad Cortex. I had the Headrush pedalboard and while it was fairly easy to program with the touchscreen, the 'feel' wasn't there for me. In the end, I sold the Headrush but I do like what modelers have to offer.
Have had everyone but the QC, jump in the waters fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Thing Upstairs

Reaction score
I'm looking hard at an amp modeler. Right now, I'm on 4 sides of the fence between a Helix floor, a Kemper Stage, a FM3/FC-6 (since the FM9 is on backorder) and a Quad Cortex. I had the Headrush pedalboard and while it was fairly easy to program with the touchscreen, the 'feel' wasn't there for me. In the end, I sold the Headrush but I do like what modelers have to offer.

I've owned KPA, Helix, AF3 (twice) and QC.

When I first got the QC (3 months ago) I was hooked. There was something about the modelling or the cab that just sounded a very slight bit 'better' to me.
I didn't play my AF3 for a couple of months and then went back to amps for a while and plugged in my AF3 in 4CM because it is sooooooooo convenient and the effects are superb.
I then started playing with the modelling again, downloaded FW20 and am back loved up with my AF3. Conclusion? I'm a gear tart...

The QC is good and has a lot of positives: Sounds good, easy to use.

QC negatives: more noise than AF3, less mature, does less, effects are not as good, fewer routing options, I hit the CPU limit a few times, fewer updates, buttons too close together - there's actually quite a lot of negatives. It's just not finished yet or even close to AF3 features, functionality and workflow wise.

Others may disagree, but as a lover of real amps and dabbler in modelling, I don't need 2 modellers and am thinking of selling the QC rather than the AF3.

Anyhoo - I came on to post my next gear - FC12 incoming! now the question is, should I sell the FC6 or have enough buttons to practice my dance moves with? :D

Naxxpipe

Reaction score
Went from thinking about it to just buying one. My fiancé has been talking about wanting to take up singing again, and as her favorite styles are singer/songwriter and folksy pop and rock I thought we could do it as an activity together. So I acquired my first acoustic guitar here the other day. So I got me a Taylor BigBaby. Nicest playability (i.e. closest to electric) of the acoustic guitars that I tried, and with a kinda spunky "distorted" sound. Very pleased with this.

laxu

Reaction score
Out of these I'd go for the Helix Floor. It needs no extra gear, is easy to use and can do a lot.

To me the FM3+FC6 is a bad deal when you lose out on the FM9's extra DSP. FM3 is fine if you get something other than the overpriced FC footcontroller.

Shask

Reaction score
I got a $3 USB jack and replaced the one in my MIDI controller so that it would stop disconnecting every 30 seconds. I guess that is something, lol.

I started buying some parts to build a VH140C Preamp based pedal. Oh, and some German Floyd bar replacements.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Ordered a Zoom R20 digital multirack recorder. I've been trying to put together a simple DAWless recording setup. At the moment I don't have a good DAW setup (I used to have a dedicated Macbook with Ableton Live but when my partner's laptop died a while ago, I gave her that one to use and I've been too lazy to replace it) and since I spend all day on the computer, I kind of just don't want to deal with a computer if I'm doing music anyway.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Placed a decent sized thomann order. 50+ bits and pieces.

I did include a wireless unit, a new decent gig bag and a sennheiser e935 so there's a few decent goodies as well as the necessities.

And I'll finally shut up about contemplating a wireless in my posts in this thread!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Not a new purchase per se, but retolexing...

289264725_10160194412237938_2303534853910079308_n.jpg