What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
L94742000000000-00-500x500.jpg

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
The Squier ones are great if you get a good one. Out of 4 that I’ve played 1 was a meh, 1 was good, and two were legit amazing. I bought them at first to see if the Andertons hype was real and it is. The FR on the HH model just doesn’t come out of tune no matter how hard I want. I think the stock pickups are actually really good for rock and 80s metal (I’d change if I wanted to do modern metal). The fretwork was crazy good on both that and the SSS model. The pickup switching is so good on that SSS that Schecter ripped it for their new MultiVoice6 which is 3x the cost lol. And the matching black headstock, anodized pickguard, and roasted neck/board look even better in person on that SSS.

The active HH Jazzmaster was really good but had body damage from shipping. The active pickups were surprisingly good through some heavy kemper profiles. They replaced with the meh one so I ended up sending that back too. I haven’t tried the contemporary Jaguar yet.
You make the SSS Contempo strat sound way cooler than necessary

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Since I cannot acquire either of the guitars I want (Original Horizon I and Standard Horizon NT-II RDB), I have grabbed a Standard Horizon FR-II which splits the two right down the middle I think. I'll pick up the Horizon I later this year depending on a few external factors and the NT-II if one ever pops up but hopefully this fulfills some of the GAS for the time being. It was listed as Black Aqua which is hilariously wrong, but at least I can have my reindeer without the cockstock and the ugly logo.

gtwyqyf682xyfwos9q4f.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Trading a Lovepedal Zendrive Squared (it was fine, but didn't quite do anything for me) plus cash for a Nordvang Triple Gain.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
You make the SSS Contempo strat sound way cooler than necessary

Yet in their infinite wisdom Squier has not seen fit to send me anything. Not even a free t shirt.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah definitely spoke too soon about that GAS... also somebody's computer system seems to be having issues, one of the below is incoming :rofl:

Items
1 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis BFR Electric Guitar Translucent Purple
1 Ernie Ball Music Man Dustin Kensrue BFR G&G
1 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis BFR Electric Guitar Translucent Purple

Unless of course tracking shows it is a big ass box, then I am going to keep quiet...

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
If you were in MA I would've cut you a deal on the Nitro Mesh kit that I'm entirely not using at all

Luckily I only paid $250 on sale plus points. It's killer for the price, but I dont know if it will survive the kids!

Small world... I went to school and worked in Boston for years. We sold our house in Stoughton in 2018.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Schecter John Browne Signature Tao (can’t decide between a 6 or a 7) left handed of course
I used to watch a guy on Twitch who was a lefty guitarist, but right handed everything else. Kind of strange, though Joe Perry is a right handed guitarist who is otherwise a lefty if memory serves.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used to watch a guy on Twitch who was a lefty guitarist, but right handed everything else. Kind of strange, though Joe Perry is a right handed guitarist who is otherwise a lefty if memory serves.

Really? That’s very interesting, never heard of someone who’s right handed picking up a guitar and playing lefty. There’s a good number of lefties who learned to play right handed out of convenience, but I’ve never heard of the other way around. Me personally I’m 100% left handed everything so it was natural that I learned to play lefty, there’s not a single thing that I do right handed

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Watching Kris from The Ataris live with a lefty guitar strung upside down was a bit of a mindfuck. Bummed I lost the signed poster too.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Luckily I only paid $250 on sale plus points. It's killer for the price, but I dont know if it will survive the kids!

Small world... I went to school and worked in Boston for years. We sold our house in Stoughton in 2018.
I bought my daughter one to practice on last year. Definitely a nice kit for the price but I was afraid I was going to break it when I used it and I don't even hit that hard.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
My RG680CM mutation project (put Dimarzio Utopias, Mad Hatter Terminator Evo and a gold Lo Pro Edge) is coming along nicely. Just got a Gotoh gold nut and planning on gold tuners to match. Was looking at Gotoh but might end up with Graphtech Ratio tuners instead. Once that's all done, then get the full board lightly scalloped.

Still undecided whether I want to put a Sophia global tuner block on it, since I'm unsure on how it affects fluttering, but if it does, I might abandon the idea altogether.

Also got an All Parts Buzz Stop for the Squier Bass VI. Next is a StayTrem wide bridge or a Mastery Bridge M1, also still haven't decided, but it's not urgent.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My Ibanez HD1500 arrived after being in transit for 11 days, even though the seller is a four hour drive away from my home.... Its almost in mint condition, same with my DM1100.

Need a rack case and better cable's/cable management. I also need to spend time with the different input's/output's these units have. The HD1500 and DM1100 have some extra tricks up their sleeve that ive not messed around with yet.

DSC_8230.JPG