What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
I want the Mooer Hornet 05i for noodling around the house away from my play area. I don't need it, but certainly want it!

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
My pretty cables turned up.

And yes, i know i need more than one jack per cable. I just thought it would make a nice photo op. It's gonna make dealing with rack cabling much easier

View attachment 126441
These are pretty but they look like they need a GoFundMe or a car wash fundraiser.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
So did some mockups of the new strat and found something I like:

20230612_134026_gold_final.png

Super digging that and never had anything like it tbh. Problem is it's actually a 9 hole pickguard that's on it now, which is the traditional Fender style, and then seems routed wide for the floyd. The combination of those two things is hard to find. I reached out to one shop and their snooty reply was "I don't do ESP guards"! Does anyone know of a reasonable shop that could custom make a pickguard in this goldish acrylic from a template? I asked ESP, but it'd cost 30,000Y there.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a DFZ Electronics Triple Box Metal Distortion pedal on the way. I'm picking it up 2nd hand. sell originally got it from Ecuador. Demos I've heard are impressive

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Anyone got a recommendation for a fender Strat with a better heel? I was really wanting a simple fender player series (the MIM line). Maple fb, buttercream color. Tried one in person and all the “classic” things like the rounder radius, slightly thicker neck than I usually go for were just fine. I wanted a more classic design.

But that fucking massive block heel was awful. I want basically that, but with a better heel. I may just suck it up, but it was terrible.

There’s always the ultra series, but that’s also like an extra $1000, and changes all the other specs too.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone got a recommendation for a fender Strat with a better heel? I was really wanting a simple fender player series (the MIM line). Maple fb, buttercream color. Tried one in person and all the “classic” things like the rounder radius, slightly thicker neck than I usually go for were just fine. I wanted a more classic design.

But that fucking massive block heel was awful. I want basically that, but with a better heel. I may just suck it up, but it was terrible.

There’s always the ultra series, but that’s also like an extra $1000, and changes all the other specs too.

If you liked literally everything, grab a Warmoth body. If you're not picky you should be able to find an in-stock either already with the cut down heel, or add it, for fairly cheap.

For a more adventurous approach, just sand it back yourself. Worked for Steve Morse.

It's not like there aren't a bazillion "slightly more modern" Strats, so it depends on your budget and exactly what you want.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
If you liked literally everything, grab a Warmoth body. If you're not picky you should be able to find an in-stock either already with the cut down heel, or add it, for fairly cheap.

For a more adventurous approach, just sand it back yourself. Worked for Steve Morse.

It's not like there aren't a bazillion "slightly more modern" Strats, so it depends on your budget and exactly what you want.

You know I hadn’t even considered warmoth. And also idk why sanding the heel down myself didn’t occur to me, as I 100% planned on scalloping the fretboard with a dremel tool.

Ok back to the planning stage.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It also has a $1,000 price difference.

Get a Player neck and one of the bodies Fender sells. I believe it is drilled for 2 point trem and has the heel shaved for like $350. All you'd need to do besides get the parts would be to drill a hole for the fourth bolt.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
@narad maybe see if @Randy can make something for you?

I just got my goldtop back after a pickup swap, and the utter lack of GAS is very nice :lol:. I'd 100% trade in my lp classic towards a drum kit if I could store the damn thing..

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
i picked up a very loved and used RGT42DX MIK a few hours away, where other family happens to live and I frequent. Its still there, I figured I'm going to make a THERE mini rig with that and bring down my XXX 40 W combo starting this weekend. Maybe my Dad will use it as he as expressed interest in electric but barely plays, if he doesn't want to futz with a tube amp with knobs, I'll just have it there any way.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Finally going to get my hands on a Horizon I after waffling over it for about a year. Might also pick up an H2 that's on Digimart but IDK if I wanna commit to the whole import/proxy thing

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Finally going to get my hands on a Horizon I after waffling over it for about a year. Might also pick up an H2 that's on Digimart but IDK if I wanna commit to the whole import/proxy thing

If it's on digimart you probably don't need a proxy.