What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Or just sort out a schedule where you're loud, and she's not home. This will be my tack when I get a drum kit and start to learn (because that's gonna be insufferable :lol:).

I picked up a 4U case for the III yesterday. Next up is the MC6, unless a stupid deal on an FC6 shows itself. I'm not holding my breath.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I really need to find something with an EverTune that I'm happy with playability-wise. I don't care much for the neck profile on my Solar so it's probably getting sold.

I'm thinking either a Kiesel w/EverTune or the new Schecter Mach 7ET.

you could throw an ET in a used Ibanez. It would get expensive but, you would have a Wizard neck profile.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
you could throw an ET in a used Ibanez. It would get expensive but, you would have a Wizard neck profile.

Selection with Ibanez is really poor for me. No way I'd throw an EverTune into a basswood guitar and I stick to 26.5" or longer in scale length. That pretty much excludes every Ibanez for me.

^
That new Apex 30 fits the bill

You had my hopes up for a second until I saw the scale on that.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Selection with Ibanez is really poor for me. No way I'd throw an EverTune into a basswood guitar and I stick to 26.5" or longer in scale length. That pretty much excludes every Ibanez for me.

Ah, did realize those Solars were the longer scales. Sorry bout that.

Bearitone

Reaction score

Oh bro you’re screwed then.
I’ve searched high and low for baritones with thin necks. Even the rgib6 supposedly has a thick neck (thicker than a wizard at least)

One of the only options i could find would be to order a custom aluminum neck from RGI.

Or if you could find a baritone neck that has carbon fiber reinforcement rods, you could shave down the neck to your desired dimensions. Carbon fiber rods provide an insane amount of structural rigidity so you don’t have to worry about shaving off too much wood.

stevexc

Reaction score
So I put together 4 schematics and PCBs for some new pedals, I eventually want to start selling these things. So next purchase would be to order some PCBs and parts and, well, get building!

I've got an OD with a boost, a sub-octave fuzz, a more compact version of my pseudo-Life Pedal, and oddly enough a sitar simulator that a buddy requested.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Skervesen comes this week.

And now....well this is coming too :lol:
IujItUL77cRLmas8wrxvZAXeYGY7Ha4xnm5YnC5E4E1hDHWIqFM3ooDjz-rgmHxAzeyo37OUeZ6H2W_W_p2xwk2p0ZZstEtURBZXiP7aLMOlR-12C6OhJH-MJpIy_TFfYY6kGXo7uK_Ro1FoHj2gNXcYxcWRdB6Rr4RzVaaBJOLDu3WBn6Uvls-t1RM_VprMsJ4rGe80F_THNGMiBjdWymJWWlfVghz0kolhoKEdyFYW_v9tYL2UftyuE0bLJ2v3749PcsgghDh-Y0NuwC_ottjRo9afJYH_xanyzyukEbB2RhKkgRMegfBIkFo-kpYFuWKb8m_XVLwxufNlfIie2ZQsPNv43O6mQ3hbsQN_fvcxiH2sTFiuDMy-Ucus9qSLweYXaEYSVIWxpAONOWHvELij24ZAYL3RBtOi03AgQXQ5mamPvO7VWZiJmq_jOhMS02kk4Y5sbJRPEBh4E-DhHajfdpMmA3uL5wtHAKVxqSE6NhnlYYpq7WSN_gZOUqbeR0QTkVKlyhrWybN0Ds8ov5vlRYMll-dAENPyIOtghIIjlgsNS4Y7-ZfZHfKLT2_YfbttYNbKGM2v4JUUm5ozj4xni40zupYGc8p_vH0KO52sm02j-2NvwqT5ujXgB6mcVjqjQySBJWOl0anMaQc0cMeKNJm37l8lqnUKhrtDrcxPTB9sLpleTsU=s630-no

Whoops. 0% financing really got me on this one :lol:

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
3AC47DFB-5CFF-4856-BEE0-699B6DE30B53.jpeg

Well fuck me. I haven’t even taken delivery on my other 50 watt Marshall yet, and this little guy pops up locally. Luckily they cover different ground, so I can scratch my Plexi itch and curb my insatiable desire to mod it :lol:

I’ll probably take it apart this weekend to see what all has been done to it. PPIMV and a revoiced tone stack for sure. It’s mean sounding. Very unforgiving, and each palm mite hits you in the chest like a sledgehammer.

I picked it up a few miles from my studio so I popped in to try it out. Unimpressive random chugs and riffs below, for anyone interested.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/qRHGnKYKDZAo/

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Bought the Rocktron Plexi and Blackplate+ blowout Pre amps , a new Mulitimeter and leads...

Radial BigShot ABY..

Tubes and more Tubes..current production's , thought i would try the cheap Shuguang's 6L6's but I'm on the fence about them ...so more JJ's 6l6's coming

Mike

20200131_113359.jpg

Merrekof

Reaction score
Going for a used Ibanez FR1620 this weekend. I really dig the FR but there is something wrong with every model! :p
Either it's not a 7 string or Prestige or it is not that easily available. The "FR1627" would've been perfect but I'll settle for a 6 string because I only have 7's these days. :D