What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
They can be great guitars! I have one that I put some love into. I bought a flat Gibraltar bridge, Dimarzio pickups, had the frets leveled, and sanded the back of the neck and oiled it. It is a solid guitar!

Is the flat Gibraltar the II? The one I have on the way didn't look flat, I don't think. Is the II a drop in replacement? What Dimarzios did you put in it, involve any routing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Is the flat Gibraltar the II? The one I have on the way didn't look flat, I don't think. Is the II a drop in replacement? What Dimarzios did you put in it, involve any routing?
It looks like this, but black: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Gibraltar_Standard_II

Yeah, the one they came with was kind of tall on the sides. The II wasn't as tall where you lay your hand. Yeah, it screwed right into the same screws.

I put in a Crunch Lab and Liquifier. They dropped right in. I did it years ago, so I kinda forget, lol. I remember it was pretty easy though.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Nothing special but an Ibanez Rg7321 should be on my doorstep tomorrow. Pure impulse buy. Not sure the year but from pics it appears to have an upgraded bridge pup and a Gibraltar bridge for $180.

I've wanted a new 7 and really want a Schecter C7 Apocalypse but due to getting a pedal board and a couple pedals here very soon(once I figure out exactly what I want) I went for something cheap.

Hope it's a winner. I'll find out soon.
I grabbed one of those with the same intentions years ago. Aside from the stock tuners being rough they're great project guitars. The stock bridge pickup is super muddy though.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
It looks like this, but black: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Gibraltar_Standard_II

Yeah, the one they came with was kind of tall on the sides. The II wasn't as tall where you lay your hand. Yeah, it screwed right into the same screws.

I put in a Crunch Lab and Liquifier. They dropped right in. I did it years ago, so I kinda forget, lol. I remember it was pretty easy though.

I'll see how it feels and if need be get a II. I really wanna try a D Sonic, Titan, or, Evo.

Thanks man

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ceres on it's way. Waiting for my tax monies so I could try another trem guitar. looking at one of the Harley Benton Fusions.

Shask

Reaction score
I'll see how it feels and if need be get a II. I really wanna try a D Sonic, Titan, or, Evo.

Thanks man
I used it for years before I modded it, so totally usable stock!

I have always wanted to pick up a 6 string D Sonic. I have a Schecter CR-6 I think it might go well in.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
^ stellar taste

God willing, this:

product_image.jpg

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Same here. I thought you were saying you bought Chinese tubes at $15 ea, which seems about average, but these are a bargain. Got 4 myself. Thanks for the heads up @Mourguitars

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Same here. I thought you were saying you bought Chinese tubes at $15 ea, which seems about average, but these are a bargain. Got 4 myself. Thanks for the heads up @Mourguitars

Yea i was looking for the Chinese tubes and those Gold Lions popped up on google....i bought 4 as well, was like heck yea ! Either missed priced or a great deal....

Also bought these below...i have one of these similar looking i put in V1 in the Kartakou pre and it sounds fantastic

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=183270818334

Mike