What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Got my custom pickguard from Greece. Looks great and did a great job on the floyd route, and it looks as good as my shit photoshop mockups. If only he had remembered to drill the mounting holes, I could be really happy!

364191226_1433978060712178_6051139910054133933_n.jpg

360026147_1078404929797629_3754303723666502025_n.jpg

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^Double sided tape got you covered. Bonus: No stripping of screw holes.

You could also experiment with magnets like the PIA backplate, so long as they're small enough and in a position to not interfere with the pickups.
I tried the magnet trick on an old Roadstar body i have. Certainly works for a backplate but im unsure if you could hold the weight of a loaded pickguard....

The seller probably didn't drill them due to potential variations over the years, if you see how many RG pickguards exist with different screw patterns then it makes sense.

DSC_7314.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, maybe a blessing in disguise. Though the reason I ordered a pickguard from half a world away (apart from ESP quoting me 30,000Y for the job) was to get it in the 8 hole pattern he sells on other guards. I think a bit of a miscommunication -- he said two holes wouldn't line up from the 8 hole template and asked if I wanted it done without the holes. Yes... I want it without those two holes...

The neck actually puts some force on the pickguard so if I can just get a little support on the other side of the body it should be good to go. Maybe in the future I'll order another guard from him in a sort of Anderson switching style with mini toggles.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Just got one of these Laney K30 solid state amps from the 1960's. Sold as not working. £30 posted.

Should be fun.

Edit: i think its actually from the early 70's

View attachment 128545
Wow, looks so clean for something sold as not working. Fingers crossed for you that it’s a quick/cheap fix. That is a classy looking piece of gear.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got some anodised black brushed alloy pickup rings from Fretsonthenet. They look magnificent. Really happy with them and they make the old logo EMGs looks even better View attachment 128596

Their work is top notch, they did custom black rings for my swirl SAS project when PRS declined.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Managed to sell my ENGL Ironball 20 that I was not gelling with for a decent sum. On the market for an amp again... will pickup whatever shows up at a decent price first - ENGL Fireball, HK Tubemeister, HK Grandmeister or Laney IRT.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone Ive dealt with just posted a ltd ed seafoam ce24 and Im having a hard time. Im barely playing the guitars I already have and my one listing has no bites.

But its seafoam.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, looks so clean for something sold as not working. Fingers crossed for you that it’s a quick/cheap fix. That is a classy looking piece of gear.
Thanks! Looks like a cool little amp, its among some of the first solid state amps offered by Laney. Seller said they cant get it to power on so it might be as simple as a fuse. Failing that there's enough parts on it to break it down and get my money back if needs be. Really hoping to get it working though👍

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Someone Ive dealt with just posted a ltd ed seafoam ce24 and Im having a hard time. Im barely playing the guitars I already have and my one listing has no bites.

But its seafoam.
Congrats, sounds like you're getting a seafoam CE!!!

Shask

Reaction score
Thanks! Looks like a cool little amp, its among some of the first solid state amps offered by Laney. Seller said they cant get it to power on so it might be as simple as a fuse. Failing that there's enough parts on it to break it down and get my money back if needs be. Really hoping to get it working though👍
Fuse or one of the power supply diodes or capacitors.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It’s safe to buy Peavey again the allegations have been refuted…

I was split on this because it did explain why their USA amps tended to be so cheap. But at the same time no one else said anything and I doubt some kinda whistleblower would NOT have said anything by now

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was split on this because it did explain why their USA amps tended to be so cheap. But at the same time no one else said anything and I doubt some kinda whistleblower would NOT have said anything by now

Their USA amps were so cheap because they were trying to be a loss leader... it's also why they no longer have any US production

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PV amps… Prison Value!

The flip side is that when programs like that are set up
1) it's voluntary
2) the people doing the work are paid
3) the intent is to let people that are inside earn money and potentially learn new skills and have a better shot at getting a job when they get out

Yep absolutely terrible :lol:

Latest posts