What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Thrash Factor set so much in my Kramer Vanguard RIP I think I’m going to buy a set to put into one of my other guitars.

The Fishman Fluence set I bought for my Ibanez Q54 doesn’t really fit so maybe I’ll just replace with these? I really dislike the factory pickups for anything except cleans.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
I ordered a new Mxr 10 band eq. I have one of the older black ones and it seems to make a bunch of noise when it's in front of an amp. I hope this new one isn't the same way.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Wife greenlit a new budget pedal board. Gonna grab a joyo argos, an SD-1, maybe a third drive, and a noise gate. Figuring out what gate to grab is pissing me off because my favorite is discontinued (donner Soph gate).

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Wife greenlit a new budget pedal board. Gonna grab a joyo argos, an SD-1, maybe a third drive, and a noise gate. Figuring out what gate to grab is pissing me off because my favorite is discontinued (donner Soph gate).
Doesn’t Joyo make a Precision Drive clone? That could be both the third drive and gate.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
If you want a really good gate, the revv G8 is pretty awesome.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Recently, I bought a purple Ltd M-1 Custom 87 Series that I like, so I also bought a gold version as well. One will be in E, the other in Eb. May pick up a blue one for D standard as I don't have a guitar in D standard.

Also, I bought 2 big blocks, some springs, EVH D-Tunas, and Tremol-Nos from FU Tone, as well as a Skyscraper Pick Pocket intonation tool and some nut shims from Amazon.

Lastly, finally got a cab for my G12H-30 Heritage 75hz speakers.

That'll probably be it for a bit.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Isn't that just the PD in general? I heard the gate on the real thing is just okay.
Yeah it's fine for most purposes but isn't great for high gain stuff. Which seems odd. It's a single knob anyway so it was never going to be as good a dedicated pedal.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Got a pretty good deal on a 30th anniversary Metal Zone from a local guy today:

20240313-152019.jpg

I can't decide if I prefer the silver lettering over the normal orange, but I'm stoked to try it out as a boost like old school Crowbar/Cannibal Corpse :metal:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
My Empress ParaEQ II Deluxe isn't working out like I had hoped it would.

It's both overkill and not quite right all at once. Fantastic pedal, and I recommend it about as highly as I can for anyone who wants an EQ, but since I'm just looking to mildly adjust the tone of the guitar going in to my Axe Fx or computer to have more control over the DI tone, it's a bit wasted. On top of that, I'm still having to do more than I anticipated with the EQs in the Axe or Fab Filter before the amps, so I think I'd rather get something like the EMG BTC on each of my guitars and have a tailored and easily tweakable solution for each instrument. Getting the ParaEQ to cooperate and do what I want has been much less intuitive than using the on board EQs of my devices, which has been a big surprise.

Again, the ParaEQ is a fantastic EQ, I just think I have a preferred solution by other means. Might try a Peper's Dirty Tree, but I do really like the idea of having something specif for each guitar.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
So the pickups I bought are coming from MN to me in VA. They shipped to WI via USPS but then it got shipped back to MN? 5 days later… WTF?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the pickups I bought are coming from MN to me in VA. They shipped to WI via USPS but then it got shipped back to MN? 5 days later… WTF?
USPS has been screwed up pretty bad any time I use them for the past 6 months. Thought it may be a local issue but maybe not. I was told our local hub has been dealing with significant delays and will continue to for the indefinite future due to understaffing.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Been feeling a Bad Cat amp! Looking at Lynx models, but also one of the Cubs would be really fun.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
USPS has been screwed up pretty bad any time I use them for the past 6 months. Thought it may be a local issue but maybe not. I was told our local hub has been dealing with significant delays and will continue to for the indefinite future due to understaffing.
The government isn't well known for being the most efficient at...well... anything lol

And I worked for them and my wife still does lol