What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like the Sansamp Character pedals I've owned. Go for it.

I have one permanently on my bass board. All of my other dirt/preamp pedals follow it and it's kick ass. Highly recommended.
It's really tempting. Not a lot of pedals have pre-gain filters like the PSA plus it seems to do bass tones really well.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Is there a "best pickup switch" consensus here? I'm looking for a 3 way that works %100 of the time and doesn't need to be reswitched 3-6x before I get sound. Stock MIK SChecter is the topic.
Or maybe I just need to Spray it Down, like Ratt, but with electronics cleaner/lube? This is 3 different guitars now.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a "best pickup switch" consensus here? I'm looking for a 3 way that works %100 of the time and doesn't need to be reswitched 3-6x before I get sound. Stock MIK SChecter is the topic.
Or maybe I just need to Spray it Down, like Ratt, but with electronics cleaner/lube? This is 3 different guitars now.
3 guitars with bad contacts? Makes me wonder if humidity could be having an effect?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Sounds like a job for contact cleaner first then reevaluate, to me.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I know it's been a long time since I talked about getting speakers, but I totally went in a different direction on them lol. Originally I was going to put two K100s into my Port City Wave OS cab, but I am worried about it sounding too scooped and boomy -- soooo, I'm now going to try a G12H-75 Creamback and Alnico Cream combo in there. The Creamback is on its way -- just gotta order the Alnico. It hurts a little to need to spend so much, but I think this combo should sound great for what I want.

Reactions: col

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my first ever patchbay came in. Nothing fancy. Just a samson one. Please ignore the mess underneath lol

Now to count up how many cables I need and to measure what length is optimal.

View attachment 142619

I have one of those too. The switchable normalling (sp?) is brilliant. I have a hard time getting my head around it so most of mine are simply straight-thru, but that's all I need. You're gonna love it.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have one of those too. The switchable normalling (sp?) is brilliant. I have a hard time getting my head around it so most of mine are simply straight-thru, but that's all I need. You're gonna love it.
awesome yeah the switching on the front instead of the back like some do was why I went with this one. I'm not sure what to do about labeling on this one though. I'll probably just make a google spreadsheet like most people do with this unit. (or at least that's what i've seen people do with this one)

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I know it's been a long time since I talked about getting speakers, but I totally went in a different direction on them lol. Originally I was going to put two K100s into my Port City Wave OS cab, but I am worried about it sounding too scooped and boomy -- soooo, I'm now going to try a G12H-75 Creamback and Alnico Cream combo in there. The Creamback is on its way -- just gotta order the Alnico. It hurts a little to need to spend so much, but I think this combo should sound great for what I want.
k100s aren't really scooped, they're just not ear rapingly upper mid heavy like say a v30.