What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
75s are scooped compared to many other speakers by Celestion -- they have a lot of bass and spiky highs, with less mids. But I dunno, I've had Marshall 1960 cabs and I've been able to get great sounds out of them still. Regarding the K100s, I guess I was just unsure if they would put out too much bass for my Port City, since that cab is ported and might come across as too bassy. Maybe I'll still pick up some in the future -- would a K100 be a good pair with a Creamback 75? I know a lot of guys pair a V30 with either speaker, which is also an option I guess. I like V30s a lot actually, just looking to try something different this time.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
K100s always seemed like they were balanced to me. And that's kinda why I'm not into them. they're just... there.
+1 to this. I love them mixed with V30s, but they're not my thing by themselves. Nothing really sounds right without a V30-esque speaker to me, unless it's a very high-mid-heavy amp and then V30s tend to be too much, at least by themselves.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Finally here!
View attachment 142637View attachment 142636

Now to find the time to totally and completely gut my strandberg and wire it back up with some PCB block connectors and brand new pots and a 5-way switch.
I'm not sure how it is on the import stuff, but on my M2M, the cavity is too tight for normal sized pots so you'll need mini ones. Worth checking before ordering anything.

Gotta minimise the routing on chambered guitars I guess.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it is on the import stuff, but on my M2M, the cavity is too tight for normal sized pots so you'll need mini ones. Worth checking before ordering anything.

Thanks for the tip! That's good to know. Mine is a chambered one as well, so it may be the same. I have a couple of pots already that I intended to use but I haven't bothered checking the fit yet. Will definitely be checking that today now that I know I may need smaller pots.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
Ordered a Blackhawk Black Gate. I'm excited to see how it does compared to my revv g8.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score

All parts fit. Kinda. The design of the cavity is stupid, but the pots are the right size. A bit more snug, but they fit well and are the right length. Dimarzio EP1201PP 500k pots for whoever might be interested. The guitar isn't wired yet, but the fit test was sucessful for all new parts.

Last edited:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
p_region_EHB1005F_AOM_1P_02.png

In need of a fretless to replace the fretless 6 I sold. Might roll with the ibanez ergonomic headless bass 5 stringer. In typical fashion, I have plenty of complaints about the specs, but I'm interested in trying richlite as a fretless board because of the issues I've had with wood movement on my fretless boards. The ibanez portamento is the fretless I'd prefer, but I think the choice of putting a panga panga fingerboard with its bigass pores and cracks is a neanderthal-level design choice and headache I don't want to experience.

If I find another mtd kingston for a "can't say no" price, I may go that route again.

gclef

Reaction score
I am in the midst of my next purchase.

I am building another warmoth.

A vip with a gibson scale neck this time.
I am about 2 weeks into a 10 to 12 week wait, and another 4 when I send out the body for a custom paint color
Wow. It's funny when you see you old posts.
This guitar turned out great! I am currently speccing another one with a trem.

My next purchase will be a strandberg of some sort. After spending some time with one, I am sold. I can't believe how much I liked the endurneck. It's all I can think about. Lol.