What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Shask

Reaction score
All parts fit. Kinda. The design of the cavity is stupid, but the pots are the right size. A bit more snug, but they fit well and are the right length. Dimarzio EP1201PP 500k pots for whoever might be interested. The guitar isn't wired yet, but the fit test was sucessful for all new parts.
I was looking at those Dimarzio pots the other day. It looks like those are made by CTS. However, it looks like they have the larger pot shafts, so I wonder if they would fit in many guitars without enlarging the holes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at those Dimarzio pots the other day. It looks like those are made by CTS. However, it looks like they have the larger pot shafts, so I wonder if they would fit in many guitars without enlarging the holes.
Yeah, I didn't measure, but they gotta be a small fraction of a millimeter wider. If you already had a snug fit, then you may need to enlarge the holes veeeeery slightly, or just use the threads on the shaft to screw the pot in. The holes on my Boden were a bit larger than the original pots. These new ones fit significantly more snuggly, though not so much more that I couldn't just push them through.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Every time I see things you guys buy with Outbackbux or Canuckbux I get immediately anxious and then sad when I realize.

Also, has anyone seen anything about the new Pittbull that was suppose to be out/announced in time for Page Hamilton to use on the Helmet Tour?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Every time I see things you guys buy with Outbackbux or Canuckbux I get immediately anxious and then sad when I realize.

Also, has anyone seen anything about the new Pittbull that was suppose to be out/announced in time for Page Hamilton to use on the Helmet Tour?
Fryette, unfortunately, never seems to release things in a consistent or dependable fashion. Great products, but since they seemed to have lost whatever revenue stream or funding it was around like 2014 or so, they've been "it might be available around this time or so."

I don't even think anything on their website is in stock. I was contemplating a cabinet before I got the Mojotone 412s, but they have never been in stock when I've checked.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fryette, unfortunately, never seems to release things in a consistent or dependable fashion. Great products, but since they seemed to have lost whatever revenue stream or funding it was around like 2014 or so, they've been "it might be available around this time or so."

I don't even think anything on their website is in stock. I was contemplating a cabinet before I got the Mojotone 412s, but they have never been in stock when I've checked.
About a month ago I checked to see what amp heads they were offering and... nothing. Ok then.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, when Steve sold the VHT name off I think he was expecting a long term sort of payoff, but those cheap "VHT" amps never took off and sort of fizzled. Then they moved a couple times, and then the pandemic, etc.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't really get their business model. I know several people who have had PowerStations on order for over a year.

rokket2005

Reaction score
oh yeah, i'm fully aware of the last ~15 years of their history. The Memphis and Aether were incredibly high budget products made for a market that didn't exist. I thought maybe with the Helmet tour starting lalmost 2 weeks ago something might've been out there since he mentioned he was develeoping it more or less specifically for Page on that tour.

Shask

Reaction score
Eh, I stand corrected. Site now has Deliverance heads up (though pre-order).
I have considered a LXII, but yeah, they never seem to be in stock.

Seems like maybe he would do good to work with BAD to help with his building and distribution. Synergy don't have these issues, which he designs a lot for.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really get their business model. I know several people who have had PowerStations on order for over a year.
I managed to find one that is apparently some special edition with a blue face plate. It was for some music store that I have zero clue who they are, but the face plate is cool so whatever. That said, I am surprised Fryette is a company at all to be honest, because their product in stores barely exists, their site sells nothing (because nothing seems to be in stock), and the products on Reverb are about your best bet, but most of that is used. They make nice stuff, but I think they've been in the slow process of going out of business for a long time.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Went and saw Bad Omens last night. Been a while since I've been to a live metal show and it was super weird not seeing a single amp on stage. All 3 bands sounded great, though.