What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
What's that video game controller in the background? I'm clueless about video game stuff (beyond standard-issue Nintendo), just in case it is obvious what it is.

Yea, as pointed out it's a Hori arcade stick. I use it with my MiSTer, though I haven't turned the thing on in probably a year and a half now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just ordered a KnE body for something in sparkly nitro... though this one is going to take a bit.

Also changing things up on this one and using a Gotoh GE1996T instead of an OFR since nobody seems to have OFRs and they have gotten ridiculously expensive. I love the look of the OFR1984 but $300 for bridge is just ridiculous.

Doing this shape this time. HH, recessed trem, volume, 3 way switch
4131a.jpg

LCW

Reaction score
How do you like it compared to the QC?

Might sound cliché but I think the Fractal does actually sound better.

I will say I miss the QC interface. That was definitely an advantage. And also more footswitches and the pots right on the switch buttons. And the WiFi/Cloud connection.

Footprint is about a wash. They are both perfect size for a desktop rig.

Also - QC 1700... FM3 1100....

Shask

Reaction score
Might sound cliché but I think the Fractal does actually sound better.

I will say I miss the QC interface. That was definitely an advantage. And also more footswitches and the pots right on the switch buttons. And the WiFi/Cloud connection.

Footprint is about a wash. They are both perfect size for a desktop rig.

Also - QC 1700... FM3 1100....
I have had Fractal stuff for like 15 years, so I can fly around their interface. You get used to it if you just use it. The FM3 has the nice double-tap functions which makes it even easier.

I really think the new 8 Beta firmware that came out last week really improved the tone. I think it is sounding better than it ever has.

I use mine as a desktop unit also.

LCW

Reaction score
I have had Fractal stuff for like 15 years, so I can fly around their interface. You get used to it if you just use it. The FM3 has the nice double-tap functions which makes it even easier.

I really think the new 8 Beta firmware that came out last week really improved the tone. I think it is sounding better than it ever has.

I use mine as a desktop unit also.
I’ll have to figure out how to enable the double tap and get familiar with the switching settings.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Got my Deluxe Reverb back from the tech and it sounds 1000x better now and is WAY louder. Was a burnt screen grid resistor as I suspected, but it looks like the heater circuit failed at some point and someone else moved the circuit off the board, as well as the bias circuit and replacing the tube socket that had the failed resistor. Amp definitely had previous problems that the guy I bought it from didn't tell me about. He just sold as having "upgraded caps." Yeah, upgraded because a bunch of shit failed :rolleyes:

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Placed an order for a God City Instruments Jugendstil about two weeks ago. Silicon fuzz with an HM-2 EQ that can be blended in parallel. It'll be here tomorrow and I'm super stoked!

jugendstil_front_1200x1200.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
I’ll have to figure out how to enable the double tap and get familiar with the switching settings.
You dont really have to enable, you just need to know the shortcuts. For example, double-tap the home button and it opens the grid. Double-tap the A encoder and it will go to amp edit. Double-tap the D encoder, and it will go to Delay edit, etc....

Reactions: LCW

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Well shit. For some reason, a Jet City 22h with a SLO mod and a depth mod popped up for sale close to me. Now questioning wether I should go for it or keep trying to find a used synergy system for a SLO module and eventually a Deliverance module.

Hoh SS.org hive mind, enlighten me!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well shit. For some reason, a Jet City 22h with a SLO mod and a depth mod popped up for sale close to me. Now questioning wether I should go for it or keep trying to find a used synergy system for a SLO module and eventually a Deliverance module.

Wait for the SLO Dlx module. Email BAD that they should release the SLO Dlx module.

Shask

Reaction score

It depends on what poweramp you plan to use with the Synergy.

That JC has EL84s, which is a no from me dawg.

I have a SLO modded JCA100HDM, and THAT amp is pretty killer.