What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
The synergy would either go into my IRT 15 Studio (I love that amp and don't mind el84) or even into a solid state low wattage power amp. I can't justify 100W where I live without gigging extensively sadly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
We toasted one of the drivers in my crusty old Crate 2x15 at practice today. It's a solid cab, so probably looking at a pair of 15's. Open to suggestions, looking at Eminence drivers in the ~$170/ea. range right now. Not trying to spend a whole lot more than that. It's a ported cab, dimensions are 13" x 22.5" x 39".

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kicking around pickup choices for this next build. This one will probably be set up in drop D. The Aldrich is a known quantity so want to try something else but it is an option.

BKP Silo set
DiMarzio Breed neck in bridge / PAF Pro neck
Suhr Aldrich set
Suhr SSH+/SSV

Thoughts?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Kicking around pickup choices for this next build. This one will probably be set up in drop D. The Aldrich is a known quantity so want to try something else but it is an option.

BKP Silo set
Suhr Aldrich set
Suhr SSH+/SSV

Thoughts?
Vineham whiskey burner/whiskey sour because i want more people trying them :lol:

JSil13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been thinking about picking up a new amp for home jamming. I have my old Fender Deville 2x12 which is fine for rock music with all my pedals and stuff, but I'm back playing death metal again and want something more suitable for it. Right now I'm leaning towards the 5150 III Stealth 50w and a 2x12 cab. For the cab I might go for a Mesa closed back. Still thinking about cabs, but I really like what I've heard and read about the 5150.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Been thinking about picking up a new amp for home jamming. I have my old Fender Deville 2x12 which is fine for rock music with all my pedals and stuff, but I'm back playing death metal again and want something more suitable for it. Right now I'm leaning towards the 5150 III Stealth 50w and a 2x12 cab. For the cab I might go for a Mesa closed back. Still thinking about cabs, but I really like what I've heard and read about the 5150.
Can probably grab an avatar 212 for way less too? Stealth gets a good rep iirc.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score

BKP Silo set
Suhr Aldrich set
Suhr SSH+/SSV

Thoughts?

Vineham whiskey burner/whiskey sour because i want more people trying them :lol:

Dont listen to that guy get a set of Rampage from Vineham and report your findings here tyvm.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dont listen to that guy get a set of Rampage from Vineham and report your findings here tyvm.
Rampage is the A8 right? Pretty sure thats whats in my basement waiting to go into my modified S2 :metal:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score

BKP Silo set
Suhr Aldrich set
Suhr SSH+/SSV

Thoughts?
I have an ssh+/ssv set semi-permanently installed in my custom 24 which is semi-permanently tuned to drop D

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

BKP Silo set
Suhr Aldrich set
Suhr SSH+/SSV

Thoughts?
Something low to medium output (like a PAF or just slightly above it) with a boost in the guitar?

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
After doing loud band practice with my 4x10 and 1x12 combo stereo setup, I've decided it's finally time to bite the bullet and get the OT replaced in my trusty, crusty x100b and go back to half stack life. These little combos sound great for my solo gigs but pushing them to keep up with drums and bass is just making mud.