What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That whole thing seemed so weird to me. First off, why would people be interested in that cheap junk when there's so much other cheap junk out there? And then why would it be called VHT? It's not like anybody who used to play a 2150 would come across that cheap stuff and be like "oh great, a new VHT amp I need to check out". So strange.

I think Steve thought it would pay off in the long run but either didn't look into what the plan way or it changed at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought what looks to be a pretty nice condition Peavey VTM 120 off guitar center used. Stoked!!
I think theres a vtm and a butcher? In the classifieds around here at around $700usd and they are gonna sit because people who want those amps dont plan to pay that much :lol:

Moongrum

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but it is for guitar.....thinking of buying a Macbook Air to have something small/portable for music making and no fans. Haven't had the best of luck with Windows laptops (my windows desktop is fine). Trying to decide if I should buy the first gen M1 one from Walmart for $700, or try to cop a newer model from Apple's refurbished store to get 16+ gb of ram🤔

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but it is for guitar.....thinking of buying a Macbook Air to have something small/portable for music making and no fans. Haven't had the best of luck with Windows laptops (my windows desktop is fine). Trying to decide if I should buy the first gen M1 one from Walmart for $700, or try to cop a newer model from Apple's refurbished store to get 16+ gb of ram🤔
Can spend way less on an actual small portable amp? Or are headphones the requirement?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Can spend way less on an actual small portable amp? Or are headphones the requirement?
Recording and messing around in a DAW is my main purpose. I don't really make music with any goal, I just like to make bleep blorps with soft synths, load up backing tracks to jam over, practice guitar, etc.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Recording and messing around in a DAW is my main purpose. I don't really make music with any goal, I just like to make bleep blorps with soft synths, load up backing tracks to jam over, practice guitar, etc.
Ah gotcha. If you have the funds, on paper a newer model will have a longer life. That said, my 2014 refurb macbook pro is still going despite some tumbles off the couch and only really being a browser haha.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I think theres a vtm and a butcher? In the classifieds around here at around $700usd and they are gonna sit because people who want those amps dont plan to pay that much :lol:
Ugh! I always forget to check the classifieds here. After shipping and tax I paid about $900 but man, from the pictures this thing looked clean.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to boast about lavish purchases made with my extraordinary wealth, but I am here to report that I have recently taken receipt of 20 of these Mooer footswitch toppers. They were delivered directly to my luxurious residence from an exotic faraway land, for the princely sum of $3.04.

mooer_mushroomtopper_1_1000px.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
A year or 2 ago I built some FV-1 based pedals, but I had a couple I never did anything with. I have been getting back into SpinCAD the last few days and remembering how this all works, lol.

The FV-1 chip is pretty cool. You can program your own modulation, delay, and reverb effects. It can hold 8 different presets. I have been messing around with making my own effects to make a custom multi-pedal.

I love the FV-1 PCBs because they are analog dry-through, and have a volume control with +6db boost available. They are the perfect effects loop companion pedals.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Do you really need that much RAM? Are you doing the next Wintersun album?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Do you really need that much RAM? Are you doing the next Wintersun album?
I think so. Not on my desktop (32gb) right now, but my current laptop is using 4gb of ram at idle with 1 tab of Edge open lol.

Shask

Reaction score
Jeez. I guess I'm glad that I haven't gone past Win10 on anything yet. :lol:
All my music editors, software, etc,... are on an old laptop I cant unplug or move, because if the wire comes unplugged from it, I will have to take it apart to plug it back in, lol. :lol:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
That includes win10 if you're doing much beyond one or two browser tabs and email...
Maybe I'm just lucky then? I've no issues running 10 on a system still using 8GB of ddr3. Full mix session running in DAW, 1-2 browser tabs, Guitar Pro, and fractal software all going concurrently without fail.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The

hideously expensive guitar arrived matching with pedal and strap. For those not in the know, the brand is Jersey Girl from Hokkaido.

View attachment 143238View attachment 143239View attachment 143240
Omg congratulations! I am SO jealous. Like, burning with it. It is GORGEOUS, just like anything else they have ever made. Really the definition of functional art, and one of my endgame guitars to own, (some day) for sure. Please tell us absolutely everything about it. I assume they make the pedals separately and you just bought them together right? Unlike the strap, which I understand is part of what you get when you order a guitar from them.

Latest posts